Everything posted by 1992Rebel
-
Montgomery County 64 Cooper 55
Final from the scoreboard Major upset? Tired Jaguar legs from a big effort last night against Sacred Heart? Regardless of reason it’s a huge statement win for Montgomery County!
-
NKY Girls Basketball Top 10 (12/4/23)
Can’t wait to see the Holy Cross v Dixie this week. Might be a really good game. I'm sure Cooper stays up top next week but will probably be 4-1…. NDA could make a statement this week. we shall see.
-
Notre Dame 61 Montgomery County 39
Nice win for the Pandas vs a top 25 team in KY.
-
McCracken County 81 Bethlehem 62
Wow, that does seem surprising. Look forward to seeing the stats on this one.
-
Hoops for Harvest Tournament
Any broadcast of these games?
-
Manual 70 Mercy 50
I’m picking Dixie against Mercy.
-
Notre Dame 56 Newport Central Catholic 46
Listened to this off and on. NCC had a 2 point lead going into half. NDA went on a tear in 3rd quarter to go up 13. Won by 10. Sounded like both teams shot poorly. Especially from the free throw line. I think they said Eaglin led all scorers with 17 but that might be wrong.
-
Mercer County 46 Mercy 37
Does seem high after losing Leah
-
Covington Holy Cross 76 St. Henry 42
Unkraut missing was huge. Although Kiki did well. St Henry did not have an answer for pressure. Got down big early and it was over. Not sure if it’s a thing or not but Holy Cross did seem to get in foul trouble. Did not cause harm tonight but might against other foes.
-
Covington Holy Cross 76 St. Henry 42
Got to see this one. Holy Cross pressure will cause issues for many.
-
Dixie 42 Highlands 32
A lot of preseason love for Highlands and not a lot of mention at all for Dixie. Was this a fluke or will the Colonels be a threat?
-
NKY Preseason Top 10 Teams / Players
Here is NKY Tribunes take on the top 10 https://nkytribune.com/2023/11/coopers-depth-experience-garner-no-1-ranking-in-preseason-poll-of-local-girls-basketball-coaches/
-
Boyle County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (4A State Championship)
Rooting for the underdog! Go Colonels!
-
"Courier Journal" Preseason Girls 2023-24 Top 25
?
-
Johnson Central at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Will rain in the forecast help either team? Wishbones by well disciplined teams are tough to stop. I’m taking CCH in a close one. Should be fun to watch.
-
Ashland at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
Flood and Kruer are 2 of the best linebackers in KY. Having Josh back is big for the Colonels. Defense wins championships. Go Colonels! Colonels by 21.
-
NKY Preseason Top 10 Teams / Players
Sounds good. We will get to see the battles between Cooper, Ryle, Holy Cross and NDA. Unfortunately we won’t get to see NDA and Highlands play until possibly a Regional matchup. Bummer Does Ryle have a lot of young talent to solidify your stance that they are that close with Cooper? Cooper won the JV region last year and have a ton of experience IMO compared to Ryle. Holy Cross and NDA went 1-1 last year in 2 tight games but I believe NDA is returning more. So we will have to agree to disagree and enjoy how it plays out. for the record I love watching Anna Hamilton play and I did not mean to show any disrespect to her by ranking her 4th in the scorers. That’s a talented group.
-
NKY Preseason Top 10 Teams / Players
Let me guess…Conner and Hamilton need to be higher? Go ahead and post your rankings! Love to see how bad mine were compared to the real answers.
-
NKY Preseason Top 10 Teams / Players
I really like this list. I agree that Cooper is the Darling this year but not by as much as previous years. I believe that SK is better than Highlands. NDA has the talent and experience to compete this year and I think the experienced starting 5 and the deeper bench ties them with the 1-2 punch of Quinn and Sarah, but will NDA show up? I also think SK will continue to impress this year with their now experienced young stars of Purnell, Webb and Kelch. It's going to be a real treat to watch our local regions battle it out in the regular and post seasons. Hopefully the best teams advance far into the sweet 16; but I don't think any of them have the ability to take down GRC or the Elephant in the room of Sacred Heart. That being said I am going with a preseason ranking of: 1. Cooper 2T. Ryle 2T. NDA 4. Simon Kenton 5. Holy Cross 6. Highlands 7. Dixie 8. Conner 9. Newcath 10. Rest of Field Players (instead of straight top 10) I am listing them against each other using your picks Bigs 1. Hunt 2. Baker T-3. Gibson T-3. Green Scorers 1. Freihofer 2. Eubank 3. Eaglin 4. Hamilton Playmakers 1. Lawrie 2. Palmer Here's hoping for a competitive season in which we see great sportsmanship and NO INJURY!
-
2023-2024 Pre-Season write-up
Congrats Rise Up! This was really well done. Extremely hard to get good intel for all the teams around the state. As a fan, I disagree with some of the stuff written about the 9th region but in general this was wonderfully crafted and should help create more interest in KY Girls Basketball. Great job and thanks!
-
Covington Catholic at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates
Was it SK that gave CCH all it could handle in the preseason scrimmage last year? I know there were big changes at big positions but they were obviously well coached. I’ll take the Colonels by 15.
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions/Updates
I'm taking Cov Cath in a fantastic game. I like what I saw in the balanced play calling last week by the Colonels. The DBs are healthy and they have fantastic LBs with Flood and Kruer and they also have some experience up front with Reeves. Home field advantage and heat aside Ill take the Colonels by 8.
-
9th Region Tournament
I would like to see RPI determine it.
-
9th Region Tournament
CCH has the worst draw. if they can beat Conners ace, they most likely play Highlands (always an emotionally charged game) only to get to IMO Ryle with fresh arms. And if it’s Beechwood they are looking for revenge. Yikes! Hoping for a good run for the Colonels!
-
Covington Catholic 7 Beechwood 4 (35th District Finals)
Aces for both programs pitch a bunch of innings. Kappes for BW and Young for CCH. Colonels not only outhit Beechwood 14-8, it seemed their hits were more timely. Top 4 hitters for CCH collect 11 hits. Dierf 3, Reardon 2, Fitz 2 and Lawrie 4-4. The first round of the region will be very interesting with Conner and Beechwood lurking as “2 -seeds”.