Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LoudenSwain

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LoudenSwain

  1. It’s obvious the coaching staff collectively knows what to do to put banners on the Hood field house. No one is disputing that. But this years banner to me was clearly hung by the BW defense and special teams doing what they do. I think we’d all have to agree that watching an offense with skill weapons like McCormick, Robinson, Linder, Aylor, Courtney, Flaherty, etc only put up 13 pts is concerning. It is to me at least. All I’m saying, and all I’ve ever said, is kids should be able to compete for positions. Always. And Beechwood actually has 3 great options at QB. The 3rd never got a sniff…..
  2. Couldn’t disagree with you more. It was evident yesterday that 1 QB is immobile with a cannon of an arm. It was proved true during the gauntlet first half of the season that the other has true field vision, escapability, and an arm. Why would anyone discount an open QB battle at this point? If you do, you’re biased. Open it up, best man wins. But to close a competition at this point is crazy to me. Bottom line is two good options for a HS football team. With Flaherty and the other stud RBs, I’m going with the Hergott style. It’s proven. ?
  3. Agree with you sir. The lines, defense, and special teams have won the last three for BW IMO. Great game to watch. Kudos to Mayfield and your community for standing tall despite the adversity handed to ya’ll. Very inspiring story.
  4. And the Saddle Club Erupts…… #GoTigers
  5. I was there too. It was so bang bang you can’t make it sound that clear that it was a bad call. Again, it’s a tough situation. O’Shea got nailed for doing what most kids wouldn’t be doing. Hustling downfield. Is what it is, just glad the young man was okay. I can’t imagine getting trucked by #9. He’s gonna feel that for a while.
  6. The Blown Coverage on the 2 BW touchdowns was just bizarre. Those were gimme TD throws with no one near Linder. Follow up the first one with the kickoff return being called back and that took all the air outta Lloyds sail IMO. Add to it big man Cooley got injured for them and got a recipe for running clock. Beechwood defense is so strong. There is a lot of talent on the defense but one guy above all is Mr Consistent. I’ve been saying for 3 years now what a huge player Waddell is at Middle LB. Kid is an absolute beast. In on every play. Watch 54, he is so fun to watch. That defense will bring the hardware home a 3rd straight year.
  7. Alexander made a great play. But from where I sat, that was just an unfortunate situation on the call. Alexander made that cut back and that set that kid up to get totaled by O’Shea, who was in hot pursuit of his DL buddy running it back. He did nothing intentional IMO, and I know it was very unpopular, but I feel it was the right call. Very hard Situation for all involved.
  8. Beechwood wins in a tough one. Don’t think it will be a running clock but they will pull away if they run the ball and control clock. IMo, Keep that defense fresh and they will bring home a 3rd title for the Tigers.
  9. Last time Austin was over here it was full ride or moving on. I’m just hoping someone sees the value in him before he shuts it down for good. One helluva talented and hard working kid.
  10. This one should be fun. Hope to get out to Independence to see it.
  11. Put in some bleacher time last night. Needed to get my film time in. Saw nothing different than expected. Talent is abundant in the Fort still, even without the states Mr Football playing. Takeaways (Based on talent observed not the level of competition so don’t go there)- Liam McCormick is Still the most underrated player in the area IMO. He hauled in a high overthrown rocket across the middle, regrouped, and took it to the house. Kid is special and should be getting offers. Don’t know why Colleges sleeping on this kid. Austin Waddell is a beast. Has to be the biggest, best Middle LB in area. Kid has a heart and motor unmatched Another kid I can’t believe isn’t getting offers.
  12. The middle school program is the overall linchpin to me. Cannot have a successful HS program nowadays without a pipeline IMO. Glad they got that back up and running.
  13. I’m always lurking around. Been to a few games, commenting on what I saw. Listened to most on Tigers on the Air. To be blunt, My fear in the 3peat is that with all this throwing, the clock may haunt the Tigers. Every incompletion brings a stopped clock. Games are stretched. Pound the rock, run the clock down, sprinkle in the pass, keep the Defense fresh. Time of possession May not matter against the recent 5 game stretch of competition, but against a Mayfield, LCA, others, it very well could tip the scales. Just my two cents. But I still haven’t been invited to review film so my opinion is not valid. ??
  14. I take all this as fun conversation. Around the water cooler if ya will. All I ultimately care about is a 3peat. ?
  15. Don’t disagree with ya. Numbers are numbers, and Definitely two great QB’s and from what I hear kids in general. But when considering the schedules/opponents, Harney’s numbers just jump out to me. A freshmen to go against those teams with no real prep heading into season, tells ya the potential there. But I’m just a nobody who knows nothing. ?
  16. Answering the original question. I’ve always thought this is a perfect week to have multiple players get reps with 1st team. Mix them in from the get go and ensure everyone is clear on the mission…… be ready if called upon to bring home the hardware. But what do I know. ?
  17. A ton of horses still in this stable. No reason this offense shouldn’t produce a ton of points despite the Notable injuries. Too much talent not to bring home third straight IMO. And just some friendly advice, Be very very careful how you speak of this QB situation unless you watch film with the coaching staff. No comments are welcome. Very, very sensitive topic in the Fort. ?
  18. Glad to see CovCath hitting their stride heading into playoffs. Kudos young men.
  19. What’s a hot tube? Lol. Seriously though, So sorry to upset you. It’s just puzzling to this fan. And this fan is entitled to his opinion having seen what I’ve seen. Whether you agree or not.
  20. Oh, from what I’m following they could definitely use his escapability and court awareness back. I wasn’t there tonight, but sounded on the radio like NCC committed to stopping the run, we’re very successful overall, and the new BW air raid offense still didn’t takeoff. Wish I woulda listened to whole game to know for sure. All I know is after watching Hergott under center last 4 years the Beechies are at their best jamming it down your throat mixing in the pass. some screens, short curls, then when they fall asleep pop McCormick long. I trust in the process but dress rehearsals are now over. One and done here on out……. Anyways, back to the hot tub. ✌️
  21. That’s a shame. Can’t understand why a talented kid gets buried on a bench with zero reps. Love the Tigers but this is just puzzling to this football fan.
  22. Thought I read elsewhere Harney was QB in the game and threw a TD?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.