Beechwood 48 Lloyd 0

BWTigers

Chase Flaherty ran 3 TD’s and Clay Hayden threw 3 TD’s. Total domination on defense by the Tigers. Turning point of the game: Beechwood up 6-0 and kick off to Sebastian and he took it to the house but a penalty flag for a holding brought it back and Lloyd never sniffed the end zone again until the clock was running. 

• Like 3

I expected to see Sebastian run the ball a lot more than he did as I expected Brossart to run the same offense he did at Dixie when they went to the finals. The kid is explosive and will be fun to watch the next 2 years.

I felt bad for the Alexander kid from BW tonight. For the big man to get a pick and run it all the way back, only to have it called back on a very questionable call. You always love to see the big guys score like that.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

I felt bad for the Alexander kid from BW tonight. For the big man to get a pick and run it all the way back, only to have it called back on a very questionable call. You always love to see the big guys score like that.

Agree. That was a great play by Alexander and that penalty was baloney. It should have been a pick 6 for him intercepting the screen pass attempt. Nice run by him after the pick also.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Agree. That was a great play by Alexander and that penalty was baloney. It should have been a pick 6 for him intercepting the screen pass attempt. Nice run by him after the pick also.

Alexander made a great play. But from where I sat, that was just an unfortunate situation on the call. Alexander made that cut back and that set that kid up to get totaled by O’Shea, who was in hot pursuit of his DL buddy running it back. He did nothing intentional IMO, and I know it was very unpopular, but I feel it was the right call. Very hard Situation for all involved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoudenSwain said:

Alexander made a great play. But from where I sat, that was just an unfortunate situation on the call. Alexander made that cut back and that set that kid up to get totaled by O’Shea, who was in hot pursuit of his DL buddy running it back. He did nothing intentional IMO, and I know it was very unpopular, but I feel it was the right call. Very hard Situation for all involved. 

Lloyd QB turns as Alexander cuts inside to get past him; O'Shea is one full step away and it is a face to face block. No blind side on that at all. 

The Blown Coverage on the 2 BW touchdowns was just bizarre. Those were gimme TD throws with no one near Linder. Follow up the first one with the kickoff return being called back and that took all the air outta Lloyds sail IMO. Add to it big man Cooley got injured for them and got a recipe for running clock. 

Beechwood defense is so strong.  There is a lot of talent on the defense but one guy above all is Mr Consistent.  I’ve been saying for 3 years now what a huge player Waddell is at Middle LB. Kid is an absolute beast. In on every play. Watch 54, he is so fun to watch. That defense will bring the hardware home a 3rd straight year. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Lloyd QB turns as Alexander cuts inside to get past him; O'Shea is one full step away and it is a face to face block. No blind side on that at all. 

I was there too. It was so bang bang you can’t make it sound that clear that it was a bad call. Again, it’s a tough situation. O’Shea got nailed for doing what most kids wouldn’t be doing. Hustling downfield. Is what it is, just glad the young man was okay. I can’t imagine getting trucked by #9. He’s gonna feel that for a while. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

The Blown Coverage on the 2 BW touchdowns was just bizarre. Those were gimme TD throws with no one near Linder. Follow up the first one with the kickoff return being called back and that took all the air outta Lloyds sail IMO. Add to it big man Cooley got injured for them and got a recipe for running clock. 

Beechwood defense is so strong.  There is a lot of talent on the defense but one guy above all is Mr Consistent.  I’ve been saying for 3 years now what a huge player Waddell is at Middle LB. Kid is an absolute beast. In on every play. Watch 54, he is so fun to watch. That defense will bring the hardware home a 3rd straight year. 

Great play design by Coach Hergott on those two TD passes. They set the Lloyd CB up beautifully on those. And it worked a third time too if the pass is caught by the WR. Tonight's game is one of the best I have seen Hergott and his offense execute. Great play design and calls all night long. 

You are on target about the defense. They are something else to watch. By my count Lloyd had 4 first downs against Beechwood's first team defense and 1 against Beechwood's second team defense. 

• Like 2