Everything posted by HSBballfan24
-
Boone County 80 Holmes 68
Wow! I'm not going to lie I am surprised by this result. Good job Boone County and coach McQueary.
-
Highlands 45 Oldham County 43
What does that mean?
-
Beechwood 49 Covington Catholic 48
Yeah none of the 9th region feels bad for your “tough season”.
-
Ryle
Probably not fair to put only their records at their current schools.
-
Ryle
Just for comparison purposes over a 5.5 year period as above (I only did overall records): Goetz: 86-75 (53%) McQueary: 70-97 (42%) Otte: 34-42 (45%) Sullivan: 128-40 (76%) Ruthsatz: 172-30 (76%) Stainforth: 25-29 (46%) Listerman: 61-90 (40%) Carr: 6-14 (30%) Grammer: 6-12 (33%) Snapp: 104-71 (59%) Collopy: 43-36 (56%) Faust: 75-90 (45%)
-
Ryle
David’s a great guy. I have no idea what he’s like as a coach. We judge based upon wins and losses but we aren’t in practice to see what drills he does and if the ability is there from the players.
-
Holmes 74 Covington Holy Cross 55
Better last night. If you take both team's resume's, I will take Holy Cross majority of the time. I am not saying 9/10 but in a 7-game series I'd take them. South Oldham, Scott, and St. Henry are better than any wins by Holmes going into last night. I think Carr has done a great job with the Bulldogs and last night I think they outworked and were better than Holy Cross.
-
Holmes 74 Covington Holy Cross 55
I completely disagree and anyone who saw Holy Cross play last week would most likely agree. After watching them Saturday, I would have put them in the second tier of the region. Last night, Holmes was better.
-
Holmes 74 Covington Holy Cross 55
Perhaps the biggest blunder in Holy Cross this season was scheduling this game on this night. Regardless of their outcome Saturday, it was going to be tough to be ready for this game. Playing 3 games in 4 days then having to either come down from the high of winning or the low of losing the All-A championship. Give credit to the Bulldogs but this loss goes to the coaching staff at Holy Cross and their inept scheduling.
-
Growing support for championship games by classification
I’d love to know the attendance at the new 2-A tournament. I have seen pictures and it doesn’t look well received.
-
Newport 48 Covington Holy Cross 45 (9th Region All A' Classic Championship)
Sounds like a great game. Sometimes both teams deserve to win just run out of clock is all. Snapp does a great job with his teams. Sounds like Holy Cross may be a tough out come tournament time.
-
9th Region Week 7 Review: A return to #1 for one team and the All A begins.
Missing some players I’d consider in there too. Miller of Newport and Knochelmann of Holy Cross should receive consideration for top 10.
-
Covington Catholic 53 Cooper 47
I think that assessment is wrong. There are 20 teams in the 9th region fans of 18 other teams don’t want that in the region final.
-
North Oldham 93 Ryle 61
According to their record North Oldham is a below average 8th region team. What’s going on in Union?! Wow.
-
Ryle 54 Bellevue 49
Disagree.
-
9th Region Week 6 Review: A lot of movement from #3 all the way to the end.
Tuesday, January 8 Holy Cross at NCC This game is always one to see especially on NCC's new floor. Both teams are trying to replace a lot from last season and this game serves as bragging rights in the Diocese. Dixie Heights at St. Henry Dixie seems to be playing better and it couldn't come at a better time as they take on a Crusader team with a very talented Sophomore in Vieth. This puts the winner in the driver seat to the 1-seed and possibly avoiding upstart Lloyd. Wednesday, January 9 Newport at Lloyd Lloyd comes in with a 9-3 record albeit against not the greatest competition. Their wins against Kentucky competition is against teams with a combined 38-82 record. Newport has played a strong schedule and might be too much for the Juggernauts. Friday, January 11 Cooper at Covington Catholic The two teams that are arguably the most physical teams in the 9th. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 45-40 win in this game either way. Does Cooper have the Colonels number? Is Cov Cath going to show the 9th Region title still goes through them? Beechwood at Holmes This game may not be much on paper as the Bulldogs have lost 11 of their last 12 but you can't take anything for granted. Goetz wants to get his team to the region this year and this game is their first step in avoiding Cov Cath in the opening round.
-
9th Region Week 6 Review: A lot of movement from #3 all the way to the end.
Great job. The only thing I will say is that Ryle has not avoided the 4-seed yet. They play Boone County again and that will determine the 4-seed. I think margin of victory will be used but could be wrong.
-
Lloyd 78 Villa Madonna 53
Lloyd is having a great season from the looks of their record. Great job Juggernauts. Is Lloyd going to have a challenge any time soon? Seems like their NCKC schedule is making their competition level lower than other 9th region schools.
-
9th Region Week 5 Review: The 9th Represented well in Holiday Tournaments!!!!
If that’s the case, it’s 3 games I believe.
-
9th Region Week 5 Review: The 9th Represented well in Holiday Tournaments!!!!
Why is he out?
-
9th Region Week 4 Review: Changes in the top 4 and Stagnation in the middle
I think what he’s saying is who they’ve beat and lost to should be taken into account. Quality wins should help teams. Lloyd has a good record but who have they beat besides Bishop Brossart? Holmes hasn’t beat anyone really either.
-
9th Region Week 4 Review: Changes in the top 4 and Stagnation in the middle
Lost by 14 to Grant County at Grant County. I have no dog in the fight but don’t see any team ranked 7-11 that have 2 better wins than Scott and South Oldham. Both on neutral sites.
-
9th Region Week 4 Review: Changes in the top 4 and Stagnation in the middle
Saw a post by Holy Cross the KHSAA scoreboard is wrong. The Indians lost 73-59 not 73-49 as has been reported. I had the chance to see them against South Oldham at Grant County and if they’re #12 in the region then the top 11 are very good.
-
Covington Catholic 68 Newport Central Catholic 52
My guess is this will be Michael’s last year playing basketball. Which, I think would be smart on his side.
-
Covington Catholic 68 Newport Central Catholic 52
As of today, there is no Kramer listed on NCC’s roster on KHSAA.