Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Growing support for championship games by classification

Featured Replies

With the current support for the 1A and 2A championship tournaments during the regular season, should there be a review by KHSAA to move Basketball to classifications based on enrollment and have 6 state championship games?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, even if it were to ever be classed...6 is way to many for basketball.

 

3 at most, is all that should ever be considered for basketball. I think it's fine at one class, however.

They are not going to class basketball. Maybe ever.

There is no 1A or Class A Tournament. It is the All A Classic. And I believe the trophy says All A Classic Statewide Champion. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Are the winners of the 1A and 2A tournaments declared state champions?

 

Declared champions by who? Who needs to declare them state champions for it to be a state championship?

 

What is the difference between the 1A and 2A tournaments and the Sweet 16?

Are the winners of the 1A and 2A tournaments declared state champions?

 

No, they are champions of a sized based, invitational, in-season tournament.

With the current support for the 1A and 2A championship tournaments during the regular season, should there be a review by KHSAA to move Basketball to classifications based on enrollment and have 6 state championship games?

 

These tournament actually helps the KHSAA from classifying.

There is no 1A or Class A Tournament. It is the All A Classic. And I believe the trophy says All A Classic Statewide Champion. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

 

 

Current. All A Classic.

Football has 6. I like it better with 1 for basketball. That makes you the only champion not 5 other schools .

  • Author

I am sure this has been discussed many times before, what about a small, medium and large school state championship state tournament?

Exactly my point, what is the difference

 

The difference is the All A events are invitationals...

I think the All A Classic statewide tournament and the new 2A tournament will ensure that Kentucky remains single class in basketball.

 

Also, I don’t think there’s any growing support for classes in basketball. From just talking to others in the concourse at the March state tournament nearly all that discuss it when the topic is brought up want it to stay like it is.

I’d love to know the attendance at the new 2-A tournament. I have seen pictures and it doesn’t look well received.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.