Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle

Featured Replies

Remember to keep it clean!

 

Is it time to make a change in head coaching position at Ryle High School?

 

What are your thoughts!

 

Record this year 4-14.

NKY wins: Bellevue, Villa And Boone

Something has to change! Lots of kids with a lot of resources.

In the other post someone said there was 5 kids walking around the halls that would beat the current team. Could you please tell me who that might be? My personal opinion it’s not so much the coach as lack of talent or maybe coachable kids??

Certainly not trying to threadjack, but are there no comments about the loss to Holmes? Asking for a friend.

I am not familiar with the Ryle program but after some quick research here is the state of the program for the past 5 1/2 years under Coach McFarland:

 

Overall Record: 60 W 104 L 37% Winning Percentage

Region Record: 34 W 64 L 35% Winning Percentage

District Record: 16 W 29 L 36% Winning Percentage

 

That's not very strong for a big school such as Ryle. Currently, if you have kids roaming the halls that should be playing maybe there's a bigger reason why.

At least the Raiders are consistent! I don’t envy any coach. He seems like a fine young man but I have no idea about his coaching style or methods. He could probably learn a lot from Coach Sully at “Union East HS”. Best wishes to all parties involved. It’s no fun to lose regularly. I believe that student-athletes and coaches both bear responsibility to change the 3A’s - attitude, approach and actions - to right the sinking ship.

David’s a great guy. I have no idea what he’s like as a coach. We judge based upon wins and losses but we aren’t in practice to see what drills he does and if the ability is there from the players.

Currently, if you have kids roaming the halls that should be playing maybe there's a bigger reason why.

 

I think this is true with every high school in the state. I think every school has kids that could be playing but they decide not to for Whatever reason. If kids don’t want to play, then they don’t want to play.

I think this is true with every high school in the state. I think every school has kids that could be playing but they decide not to for Whatever reason. If kids don’t want to play, then they don’t want to play.

 

So using the rationale that every school has kids that dont want to play, were back to equal footing. All things being equal, Ryle has lost 100+ games in 5 1/2 seasons and starting another 20 loss season in the face. 33 people + 3 rows of students showed up to watch the Holmes game, it's getting really bad.

Certainly not trying to threadjack, but are there no comments about the loss to Holmes? Asking for a friend.

 

Rankin and Benton had their way offensively, Holmes is very small. Defensively, Ryle sat in a zone for the majority of the game. Holmes was surprisingly patient without Tico to run the show. Really close game until about 4 minutes left. Holmes pressed and gave Ryle some problems. Ryle guards dont score, rebound or defend very well. Zero depth and Holmes exploited it. Congrats to the 'Dawgs for winning in a way that didn't seem comfortable.

So using the rationale that every school has kids that dont want to play, were back to equal footing. All things being equal, Ryle has lost 100+ games in 5 1/2 seasons and starting another 20 loss season in the face. 33 people + 3 rows of students showed up to watch the Holmes game, it's getting really bad.

 

Actually what I counted was 35 kids and 64 adults.

Actually what I counted was 35 kids and 64 adults.

 

Sounds like you counted some twice, lol.

I am not familiar with the Ryle program but after some quick research here is the state of the program for the past 5 1/2 years under Coach McFarland:

 

Overall Record: 60 W 104 L 37% Winning Percentage

Region Record: 34 W 64 L 35% Winning Percentage

District Record: 16 W 29 L 36% Winning Percentage

 

That's not very strong for a big school such as Ryle. Currently, if you have kids roaming the halls that should be playing maybe there's a bigger reason why.

 

Just for comparison purposes over a 5.5 year period as above (I only did overall records):

Goetz: 86-75 (53%)

McQueary: 70-97 (42%)

Otte: 34-42 (45%)

Sullivan: 128-40 (76%)

Ruthsatz: 172-30 (76%)

Stainforth: 25-29 (46%)

Listerman: 61-90 (40%)

Carr: 6-14 (30%)

Grammer: 6-12 (33%)

Snapp: 104-71 (59%)

Collopy: 43-36 (56%)

Faust: 75-90 (45%)

Just for comparison purposes over a 5.5 year period as above (I only did overall records):

Goetz: 86-75 (53%)

McQueary: 70-97 (42%)

Otte: 34-42 (45%)

Sullivan: 128-40 (76%)

Ruthsatz: 172-30 (76%)

Stainforth: 25-29 (46%)

Listerman: 61-90 (40%)

Carr: 6-14 (30%)

Grammer: 6-12 (33%)

Snapp: 104-71 (59%)

Collopy: 43-36 (56%)

Faust: 75-90 (45%)

 

Interesting. Grammer and Carr both 1st year guys. Schedules appear as if they will finish better than 37% and Ryle is looking very much like a 7-20 team. This would put Mcfarland in sole possession of the cellar. I hope in turns around for the sake of the kids.

Just for comparison purposes over a 5.5 year period as above (I only did overall records):

Goetz: 86-75 (53%)

McQueary: 70-97 (42%)

Otte: 34-42 (45%)

Sullivan: 128-40 (76%)

Ruthsatz: 172-30 (76%)

Stainforth: 25-29 (46%)

Listerman: 61-90 (40%)

Carr: 6-14 (30%)

Grammer: 6-12 (33%)

Snapp: 104-71 (59%)

Collopy: 43-36 (56%)

Faust: 75-90 (45%)

 

I believe that should be an 85% winning pct (172 / 202) for Ruthsatz.

 

Man, he and Sully any good?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.