Everything posted by Smokey Joe
-
Notre Dame 3 Simon Kenton 2
Did the officials give her a yellow card at least?
-
What Coach in 1A is the most underrated?
I second this!
-
Soccerama 2018
Brossart 3-0 over Walton Verona Ludlow 3-1 over Dayton
-
Soccerama 2018
In this instance I believe it will suffer. I have no connection to either school that is playing the Friday night game but would very much like to attend since it will be a quality match. If the viewing area is the same as last years which was from the corner of the school to the left field foul line then I will save my money since you can't see a quarter of the field down the right foul line from the spectators area. I'm willing to guess I will not be the only that feels this way.
-
Soccerama 2018
I agree. The AD needs to step in especially if you are the host school. I assume they will play in the ball fields an if that's the case I hope no one runs into the school building which is less than a ft' from the field at least that's how it was set up last year for the girls games.
-
Favorite Cocktails & Cocktail Recipes
I'm mostly a beer & bourbon person and not much on fruity drinks but on a trip to Jamaica I was introduced to a really good fruity drink. It is called a Jamaican Delight and contains Appelton Rum, Apricot Schnapps, Pineapple & Orange juices.
-
Girls High School Team Summer Tournament at KBA (Lex) June 8th-10th
Brossart won 48-36 over Tates Creek.
-
Bishop Brossart 5 Harrison County 3
HC coach was definitely given a very short leash by the ump but for the life of me I do not know why he was arguing the call. It was a clear balk as was the first one a few innings earlier.
-
Bishop Brossart 5 Campbell County 4 (37th District Championship)
Congrats Mustangs. I'm proud to say that I've had the privilege of seeing a lot of these young men play from an early age. Good luck the rest of the way.
-
Pikeville 72 John Hardin 69 3OT (Sweet 16 - Round 1)
Well said Dad!
-
Scott 55 Mason County 53 (10th Region Quarterfinals)
For the record BBHS is at 254 students. It would be nice to have an additional 80 students though.
-
Scott 65 Mason County 63 (2OT)
Neither am I
-
Scott 65 Mason County 63 (2OT)
From my view which was pretty good, I am going with a tripping foul.
-
George Rogers Clark Vs #1 Campbell County (10th region semi-finals)
When did CC become #1?
-
Campbell County 98 Bracken County 20
I may got some bad info. It may have been #3 from CC that had a broken hand a while back.
-
Campbell County 98 Bracken County 20
I was told it was a broken bone in her hand and that she maybe available for the sweet 16 final if CC makes it that far. I even saw an x-ray if in fact it was her hand.
-
Scott 68 Bishop Brossart 50
Congrats to The Mustangs on a winning season and Good Luck to our 4 seniors on their future endeavors.
-
Scott 52 Bishop Brossart 46 (37 District)
Congrats to the 2 seniors and best of luck with their futures. Congrats to this team for having a winning season. The future is very bright for these young Lady Stangs.
-
Bishop Brossart 84 Mason County 66
I didn't interpret your comment as intentional or flagrant, just no foul to be called there between two players running into each other by accident.
-
Bishop Brossart 84 Mason County 66
Incidental contact after a made basket so no foul. #12 from Brossart apologized after the accident. I pray for a speedy recovery for the young man so he can finish out his senior year on the court.
-
Bishop Brossart 84 Mason County 66
Congrats to the 4 seniors tonight on the win.
-
Brossart 39 Newport Central Catholic 38
Agreed
-
Brossart 39 Newport Central Catholic 38
Free throws - NC 11/20 Brossart 17/31. The mystery has been solved and the case can now be closed.
-
Brossart 39 Newport Central Catholic 38
I will disagree on the charge call due to the fact when you lead with the off arm that will lead to an offensive foul. As for the over the back calls if there is no contact with the opposing player then it's not over the back even if the rebounder reaching over the shoulder to get the ball. I know we both watched this game with blinders on but to say this game was not decided by these girls on the court is just wrong and takes away from their hard work.
-
Brossart 39 Newport Central Catholic 38
I assume CAP is referring to the block shot at the end of the game that was as clean of a block as you can get. If memory serves me correct Brossart had 3 more fouls than NC did in the first half and NC had 5 more in the second half which would be a 2 foul difference. The impact from the officals was equal.