Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Smokey Joe

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Smokey Joe

  1. Lady Stangs take their first L on the season. Learn from this and move on.
  2. Keep rolling girls the competition gets tougher from here.
  3. The Lady Stangs move to 5-0 with the W over the Lady Cougars last night in Alexandria. Varsity played well in the first half and the JV's got some valuable varsity time in the second half. Hats off to Calvary for giving 100% effort for the entire game and to their coach who really seems to love the game and coach his girls the right way. Good luck with the rest of your season.
  4. I am proud to say that both of my kids had the privilege of playing under Coach Goller. He is a great coach an above all a great man. We thank you and wish you nothing but the best.
  5. The sophomore class this year got a lot of varsity experience last year that will help them out this season. I feel they can challenge anyone that is not GRC in the 10th.
  6. The Lady Stangs keep rolling with the W tonight in Ludlow. It was ugly at times but they never gave up. Good job!
  7. She was back and was their leading scorer. 1 made 3 and 22 pts from the line.
  8. This was a tough game to watch with 56 total fouls called but The Lady Stangs got it together at the end to hold off a determined Bracken co team. Good job ladies.
  9. I feel bad for this young man's situation. Best of luck to him and the Trains when he comes back.
  10. I heard Macke received 2 technical fouls this past Friday and now has to sit the next 2 games (minimum). Tonight would be game 2 correct?
  11. Good start to the season for The Lady Stangs and welcome back to the court to #14 Kiefer. I would also like to congratulate #24 Kelly from Bourbon Co. on scoring her 1000th point last night.
  12. GRC might want to work on their free throw shooting.
  13. I believe so. They have a good mix of upper class leadership to go along with a solid core of sophomores that hopefully will carry them along for a few years. A side note to last nights game is the fact that our leading scorer from last year and one of our Senior leaders were out with injury.
  14. Good start to the season Lady Stangs.
  15. They won 8 games the following year but since then they only won 2 games.
  16. Congrats to The Mustangs on a strong showing last night at Scott. They will face Campbell County Thursday night for the 37th District title. Good luck and let's keep rolling boys.
  17. On Senior night an a dominate performance The Mustangs could only manage a tie. The had many chances on goal but it wasn't meant to be last night. Hats off to the Rebels goalie on an outstanding performance, if it weren't for him this game could have gotten ugly. Finally I would like to thank this Senior class for the memories they have given to me and the rest of the families over their high school careers. I've had the privilege of coaching or coaching against most these kids since they were in grade school and they all have turned out to be great soccer players along with great young men. Good luck to them in their futures. Now on to the new season. Go Mustangs!
  18. A dominate performance from the Mustangs at Tower Park last night gives them the #1 seed for district play in the coming weeks. A special congrats to #20 Steffen for his first varsity goal. I was happy to see that there was no let down from the Highlands game from the night before and that we finished around the net a lot better. Thanks to Highlands for allowing us to use their field last night in order to get this game in, it was much appreciated.
  19. This was a hard fought battle in moist conditions at Tower Park last night. There were 2 things I took away from this game last night. 1. I hope the young men from Brossart realize they can play with anyone in the state as the Birds are considered #5 in KY. 2. Highlands can not look past any opponent if they are to make a deep run this post season. Best of luck to both teams the remainder of the season.
  20. NCC has cancelled the game. I believe they have too many games scheduled at this point.
  21. Congrats Mustangs. I believe the score was 24-18 though.
  22. I'm just going by what EasyEdge posted "It's either deemed intentional and a red card given or accidental/incidental and no card given". I'm guessing he knows the rules better than I (if indeed it is a rule) so that is why I changed my opinion. I played in the late 80's early 90's and the rules have drastically changed over the years.
  23. I will take back my "poor officiating " comment and go with a terrible rule. If it was seen as unintentional then you play on with no PK awarded. We all know this will upset the natives so the PK seemed to be awarded to save face to both sides. I will be honest I'm only going with what I read on here since I not a twitter person so I have not seen the video.
  24. That's poor officiating.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.