Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rjal

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rjal

  1. As with most games it’s going to depend on which HC team shows up. Will it be the 0-15 from the three team that played Conner? If so they could get running clocked. Is it the team that dug deep and came back to beat Pikeville? If so it will be a great game. Cooper is obviously the best team they have played all season. It will be a huge test of how good HC really is. Hopefully it’s a great game, no injuries and my Indians get the victory. We also can’t forget this is the semis. Ryle or Highlands awaits the winner which won’t be a gimme especially after the battle of Friday.
  2. Does anyone know if the games will be broadcast?
  3. Agreed. You have to beat the best to be the best.
  4. Totally stinks. They would have been better off losing last night to have a better chance to make regional finals
  5. Sophia played really well. I am honestly surprised they didn’t get her the ball more. HC could not stop her.
  6. District finals. The Indians defense was too much for the Pandas. HC led by 19 at the half and cruised in the second half. The Pandas struggled from the three point line but Gibson gave HC fits. Nelson and Wimzie drove almost at will. Good luck to both teams in regionals and may the good fortune be ever in their favor in the draw tomorrow.
  7. The 9th is stacked. It’s unfortunate only one of these teams will make it to Rupp.
  8. I am not commenting one way, or another on the players on the list. It’s the methodology of the list if only offense is included on the list, just say offense of players of the year. Whoever makes the most points is very objective. List whoever has the highest percentage per game and call that the list.
  9. If defense and assists aren’t considered I quite frankly have lost faith in the methodology of this particular list. I absolutely agree Quinn is player of the year. I don’t disagree with the girls on the list, but to exclude so many really good players and only include shooters is not really making a true all star list.
  10. Yeah, I kind of thought that was odd, particularly when Cooper had three in the top 10 seniors list.
  11. The first half I did not see her playing injured. There was a play in the second half where it looked like she got hit in the face maybe poked in the eye after that is when she went out. That is the only thing I noticed. She went back in and seemed OK when she played in the fourth quarter. We were wondering why she went out. Kerns went out with an injury at one point late in the game. I know in a recent game she had injury to her teeth, so I don’t know if she was also hit in the mouth. The game was quite physical. There was a lot of pushing, shoving and elbows involved on both sides along with lots of frustration on both sides from missed shots and dozens of turnovers.
  12. Final from Hebron. Not much to say other than a very very ugly name. Holy Cross did not hit a single three-pointer. All of their points, for the most part came on layups. It was a very physical game. Hamilton sat out almost the entire third-quarter. I am not really sure why she did come back in the fourth.
  13. Coach Spencer was the assistant coach at Holy Cross for a few years then took a year off when his son was a senior at a different school. He most recently restarted their middle school program that won the middle school championship this past year and has a long history of involvement in youth football. I believe he also has been involved in officiating. He is very familiar with the Holy Cross program and should have a good relationship with the incoming freshman and sophomores that he coached in middle school. I like the hire.
  14. Agree. As a frontline healthcare provider, I can say I have personally seen several strokes, a few devastating in young adults that had recently had Covid, and no other risk factors. I am not saying that there aren't side effects to immunizations, but did they overall decrease the amount of harm? I would guess yes.
  15. The Indians started out slow with it being a two point game after the first quarter, but then pulled away. They were playing without Julia Hunt who was not at the game, so the margin could have potentially been more. Next up Conner.
  16. The Indians trailed most of the game. Simon Kenton came out shooting lights from the three. Kelch and Webb had four each I believe. The Indians dug deep in the fourth quarter, led by a couple of threes by Aumani Nelson and came out with the win. I figured it would be a tough game for the Indians. A lot of these girls live in the same neighborhoods and know each other. Hopefully it was a wake up call to focus and never let up.
  17. Actually Boosters are not allowed to pay salaries. That is why many coaches have other “positions” within the school. This is not an HC rule I believe it is a KHSAA rule.
  18. I would say that Cooper is head and shoulders above the rest. Holy Cross has been playing well recently and hopefully will have a nice run in regionals. The game Wednesday against Simon Kenton may give us a better idea of how good the Indians are right now.
  19. Final from Alexandria. The Indians get the road win and continue to play well. They need to clean up the turnovers though. They shot well from the three. They got the running clock in the third-quarter. Holy Cross JV played the fourth quarter. Next up for the Indians Simon Kenton on Wednesday.
  20. I am not saying that Holy Cross should be number four. Maybe they should maybe not, but why is Pikeville sitting one on top of them when HC won head to head less than two weeks ago? If they were both deemed that high they should be flipped. IMO
  21. They couldn’t cancel NCC because it’s senior night. Lloyd was already scheduled for grade school night. I know there were rules about canceling Saturday games because they’re required to have a certain amount of weekend games. Unfortunately it looks like Cooper might have been the only one that they could cancel.
  22. The range in school sizes in the All A was crazy. The smallest was 34 (definite outlier) and the largest were in the 500s. The majority were probably 200-350. The difference between 200 and 550 is huge. The two winners HC and Newport were 320 and 365 so in the middle.
  23. Good call DD I agree they should have been in that pic. They are definitely much appreciated for their coverage of both the boys and girls.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.