Open Job: Covington Holy Cross

nkypete

How much of HCs issues are number related to coaching related? You can have all the talent in the world but have A terrible coaching, and vice versa, the best Head coach ever but not the talent. Just curious as to what a new coach would be walking into if they decide to get a coach from out side of Holy Cross.

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

How much of HCs issues are number related to coaching related? You can have all the talent in the world but have A terrible coaching, and vice versa, the best Head coach ever but not the talent. Just curious as to what a new coach would be walking into if they decide to get a coach from out side of Holy Cross.

Here is a nice article regarding Coach Kozerski on LINKNKY:

https://linknky.com/sports/football/2023/12/21/after-20-plus-years-kozerski-resigning-at-holy-cross/

It sounds like he has had some health issues lately that require future procedures.  There is also this quote in the article to answer your question about the program:

"The Indians are coming off a 5-6 season and had nine seniors on the 34-man roster. The future looks promising with numerous underclassmen producing at a high level in their first year of varsity football." The Indians just won the Northern KY middle school championship.  They should be OK.

Athletic director Anne Julian says that "the opening will be posted after Christmas break in early January." 

On 12/22/2023 at 12:42 PM, NCC and HC said:

Both of my children attended Holy Cross. As important as Coach Koz was to the football program , I think his greatest contribution is in the classroom. Great mathematical mind preparing young people for college .

Awesome to hear.  You don't hear that much the in the past 20 or so years that head coaches are actually doing great things in the classroom.  Good for him! 

• Like 1

Was always told Coach Koz had a hard time playing well with others, so to speak. Thus the mass exodus from his coaching staff a couple of times over during his tenure. Never heard boo about Adam Kozerski's personality but I'd assume the job is his to turn down since he's the only one who always stuck around with Big Koz, right? Has Adam been an OC/DC at all while he'd been coaching?

Nothing at all against Adam but it seems like this program could really benefit from someone entirely new to Holy Cross. Breathe a little new life.

10 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Was always told Coach Koz had a hard time playing well with others, so to speak. Thus the mass exodus from his coaching staff a couple of times over during his tenure. Never heard boo about Adam Kozerski's personality but I'd assume the job is his to turn down since he's the only one who always stuck around with Big Koz, right? Has Adam been an OC/DC at all while he'd been coaching?

Nothing at all against Adam but it seems like this program could really benefit from someone entirely new to Holy Cross. Breathe a little new life.

Coach Felix Moore has been with the program through that same time period.  So have I.