Covington Holy Cross names Curt Spencer head football coach

23 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Congrats to coach Spencer! I am not to familiar of him. Where has he previously coached at?

Coach Spencer was the assistant coach at Holy Cross for a few years then took a year off when his son was a senior at a different school. He most recently restarted their middle school program that won the middle school championship this past year and has a long history of involvement in youth football.  I believe he also has been involved in officiating. He is very familiar with the Holy Cross program and should have a good relationship with the incoming freshman and sophomores that he coached in middle school.  I like the hire.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I was chatting about this at a men's prayer breakfast this morning.  A comment was made about how happy he was that HC hired Curt for the job.  This gentleman remembered how Curt played a big role in the growth of his son when he was in Kenton County youth football.  I look forward to seeing how that plays out with the ones that are a bit older.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I really like everything I see in this hiring. Congrats and best wishes to Coach Spencer and Holy Cross.

I agree.  I have chatted up a couple people in the know and they have nothing but great things to say about Coach Spencer.  Additionally, Coach Spencer is an USAF Veteran. 

• Like 3