NKY District Schedules

*  32nd at Grant County:  Tonight, 2/26, Simon Kenton takes on Walton Verona.  The winner of that game (SK won the first match-up by a lot, and are clearly favorites again this time) gets the hosts, Grant County, on Thursday the 29th at 7:00.

*  33rd at Conner:  On Tuesday the 27th Cooper plays Boone County at 6:00 and then the marquee match-up of Ryle vs Conner at 7:45.  Certainly one of the better District Semi-finals in this part of the state, and Anna Hamilton's last chance to earn a trip to the 9th Region Tourney.  Someone's amazing HS career, Anna's, or Quinn's and Sarah's, will sadly end on Tuesday night at Conner.  The winners of the two games meet on Thursday the 29th at 7:00.

*  34th at Villa Madonna:  Tonight at 6:00 sees the hosts take on Lloyd.  Tomorrow at 6:00 the winner of tonight's game play top-seeded Dixie.  At 7:45 on Tuesday, Ludlow and St. Henry play in an elimination game.  The winners of Dixie's game at the 7:45 game with Ludlow and SHDHS will play at 7:00 on Thursday the 29th.

*  35th at Holmes:  5:30 on Tuesday the 27th will see top-seeded Holy Cross play the hosts from Holmes.  At 7:30 on Tuesday Notre Dame take on Beechwood in the other semi-final.  The winners of those games, presumably another Notre Dame vs Holy Cross district final, will play at 7:00 on Thursday the 29th.

*  36th at Newport:  Tonight at 7:30 Dayton plays Newport.  Tomorrow, Tuesday the 27th, at 6:00, Highlands plays the winner of tonight's game.  At 7:30 on the 27th NewCath takes on Bellevue.  The winners of Tuesday's games will play in the District Championship at 7:00 on Thursday the 29th.

*  37th at Campbell County Middle School:  Tuesday the 27th at 6:00 Bishop Brossart takes on Scott in another terrific district semi-final.  The winner of that game gets Campbell County at 7:00 on Thursday the 29th.

Reminder:  the four district winners in the 9th (33rd, 34th, 35th, and 36th), and the four teams that lost in the Championship games, will begin the 9th Region Tournament this Sunday, March 3rd, at NKU starting at 1:00.  There will be two quarter-finals game in the first session, and then the remaining two quarter-finals in the night session.  A week from this morning, next Monday, there will only be four 9th Region girls' basketball teams still alive.  Thanks for a great season, and here's to a great "Districts Week" for everyone, stay healthy, play hard, and know that we appreciate the work that you seniors have put in for the last 4-6 years.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

36TH DISTRICT BROADCAST INFORMATION:

(All games can be found on bluebirdsradio.com)

This is in response to @FrankNicodemus , but is just a general FYI for my district schedule. 

I will be at every HIGHLANDS 36th districts boys and girls game.

Right now, I am thinking I may broadcast the district final(s), even if a Highlands team isn't in it, but that is TBD. 

So I will definitely be live tomorrow, for Highlands vs (Newport/Dayton) starting at 6:00. 

I will be live Wednesday, for Highlands vs NCC, starting at 7:30. 

After that, it will depend on the results. But of course, I'm hoping to do both the district finals. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Brennan_Bucher said:

36TH DISTRICT BROADCAST INFORMATION:

(All games can be found on bluebirdsradio.com)

This is in response to @FrankNicodemus , but is just a general FYI for my district schedule. 

I will be at every HIGHLANDS 36th districts boys and girls game.

Right now, I am thinking I may broadcast the district final(s), even if a Highlands team isn't in it, but that is TBD. 

So I will definitely be live tomorrow, for Highlands vs (Newport/Dayton) starting at 6:00. 

I will be live Wednesday, for Highlands vs NCC, starting at 7:30. 

After that, it will depend on the results. But of course, I'm hoping to do both the district finals. 

Looks like Highlands will be taking on the Lady Cats of Newport tomorrow. 

6:00 tip off. 

How good are the 33rd and 35th District Championship Games?  Using the final Statewide Media Poll:

33rd -- #2 in KY vs #9

35th -- #4 in KY vs #16 (highest others receiving votes)

The 9th is blessed this year, hope everyone has enjoyed it.  A shame they are being played at the exact same time on Thursday at 7:00.  Conner and Holmes should each have really good crowds in the building for those two games.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

How good are the 33rd and 35th District Championship Games?  Using the final Statewide Media Poll:

33rd -- #2 in KY vs #9

35th -- #4 in KY vs #16 (highest others receiving votes)

The 9th is blessed this year, hope everyone has enjoyed it.  A shame they are being played at the exact same time on Thursday at 7:00.  Conner and Holmes should each have really good crowds in the building for those two games.

The 9th is stacked.  It’s unfortunate only one of these teams will make it to Rupp.

• Like 1