Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD
-
Highlands 44 Campbell County 7 (Frosh)
Dislocation of the elbow as of now. Hoping to avoid surgery from some possible fractures. That's the update they gave out about an hour ago. Prayers and a speedy recovery!!! :meh:
-
Ryle 41 Conner 28 (Freshmen)
I hate to hear he's hurt. Such a good football player and difference maker. Hope he's okay. Has he been injured before?
-
Trinity 42 Brentwood (TN) 41 (Frosh)
I have no skin in the game either. As a Highlands parent at that game, I thought both Trinity QB's played well but it was my opinion that the 2nd QB played much better. He moved the ball well and had a crucial drive in the second half that helped Trinity secure the win over the Birds. We kept waiting to see if Trinity's starting QB was going to take over. All we heard coming up to the game was how great he was and that he was the best in the state. I don't think there was any question that Highlands QB and our passing game looked much better during that one but that was just one game...You guys were definitely the bigger and faster team and you did what good teams do...you made the adjustments in the second half and won the game. Highlands is in a similar situation in that we have 2 very good QB's as well at the freshman level. Hard to bench either one when they could start at most other schools. Curse of a solid football program I guess. :up: Hopefully it will all play out okay and may the best young man win.
-
Highlands 20 Simon Kenton 0 (Frosh)
I agree. HHS is making sacrifices until everyone get's healthy. HHS is missing the kicker right now, no back up QB and missing a couple of other guys and still had a few banged up from that Trinity war. #17 Ahlfeld is a running QB and can't run the ball right now because we have no back up. He's supposed to be playing safety too but isn't allowed because they can't take a chance of getting him hurt. Be careful what you wish for if you want everyone to be healthy!
-
Highlands 20 Simon Kenton 0 (Frosh)
Yes, he did. I felt bad for SK's QB Landon Scott. That boy took an absolute pounding for 4 qtrs and kept getting back up. He was struggling to get to his feet the whole second half. Props to that young fella. Tough kid.
-
Highlands 20 Simon Kenton 0 (Frosh)
I agree they took their foot off the gas. I'm not sure what the final score would've been if the birds air'd it out like they did against Trinity. Also, HHS defense looked nasty tonight. SK has a solid, big team and I'm sure they'll be fine with a few adjustments.
-
Trinity 27 Highlands 18 (Frosh)
After reviewing the film, it was definitely a hard fought game by both sides. We had some opportunities to win it but we really needed to play a close to perfect game to beat a very good and very large Trinity team. I really thought #11 Jack D played great on D and that long bomb he caught over the shoulder was something to see. #4 Mason S played great as well on both sides of the ball. He came up with numerous big plays. #10 Huddleston of course was a beast on offense. He was missed on defense for sure as he got nicked up and had to miss a lot of the 2nd half. Brycen was able to beat his coverages even when they tried to double him. #17 QB Ahlfeld had some first game jitters early on, but settled in to throw some really nice deep balls that you typically don't see at this age and broke off a couple nice runs out of the pocket. I thought our O and D lines did well and put up a valiant effort with the task they had at hand. I don't see them having that kind of surge from other teams that we'll face from here on out. Good luck to the Trinity boys on the rest of the season.
-
Caleb Jefferson
Congrats to the young kid on whatever route he chooses.
-
N KY Frosh 7 v 7 @ Ryle
Yes sir, you guys as well!
-
N KY Frosh 7 v 7 @ Ryle
I'm sure by Oct 20th that cat's already gonna be out of the bag! Get your popcorn ready, It's gonna be a good one! :popcorn:
-
Next Up Recruits Elite Exposure Camp
Wanted to bring my boy to this but they have a football game vs Trinity on that Sat the 20th. Of course it's the only Sat game of the year they have. UGH
-
N KY Frosh 7 v 7 @ Ryle
Don't get me wrong. I agree with both of you. It only truly matters when the pads come on...but you have to be able to perform in both situations or you don't make it to the later.
-
N KY Frosh 7 v 7 @ Ryle
Yes, sorry about that... 3 kids took snaps at the 7v7 on Friday. Adam Weyer Hunter Ahlfeld Colin Holinsworth
-
N KY Frosh 7 v 7 @ Ryle
You are 100% correct. They have multiple kids that can play QB. Good problem to have these days. They are all 3 good kids too from what I can see.
-
N KY Frosh 7 v 7 @ Ryle
Sorry, its not something that I'm aware of that's being charted officially. You'd have to check with the coaches on that. I heard they are both spinning the ball well but one one has thrown a significant amount of int's and one hasn't thrown any yet. As far as the 7v7, again nothing official. I know the HHS Coaches filmed the game, I was at the game and I also saw a couple other parents film the game. Not sure if they break down stats officially. I was just going off the eye test of being at the game and seeing the TD's vs INT's thrown plus the PAT's completed.
-
N KY Frosh 7 v 7 @ Ryle
You are unfortunately correct. It's hard to tell people how great it once was...I sound like that old guy telling stories of the past. My heart will always say...Hail To The Victors and cheer for BCHS! The parent in me couldn't let my son go and play football at BCHS right now.
-
N KY Frosh 7 v 7 @ Ryle
I agree, it's a great event. I thought the HHS boys looked really good and I thought Ryle did well too. I could be bias but Highlands seemed to be more in tune than the other 3 schools. Ryle is more of a running team with England, as they should be. He's the real deal. SK and Cooper showed flashes but may need a little more time to gel as a team. As far as the HHS QB's...I thought Colin and Hunter both threw the ball well for Highlands. Those 2 seemed to have much better arms than the other QB's in the 7v7. They are two different stylistic QB's for sure. Colin is more of a pocket passer and Hunter is more mobile for sure. Good problem to have if your Highlands, I guess. I'm hearing statistically they haven't quite been the same from what I've been told from coaches, and other parents. I heard the Alfeld kid's stats from practice and the 7v7 are much better right now. Either way, good luck to both boys, they seem like good kids. It's a shame they are both on the same team.
-
Highlands 2016
I agree Huddy probably needs one more year. For size development reason's only, not skill. He's a defensive monster with nose for the ball. The other boy will back in time. He could play now if he had to, but taking the time to shut him down to give his body a break from everything (AAU/football/weight training) to make sure he's 100% by the time full equipment arrives.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
I know they can choose where to go to high school but isn't there typical feeder schools for them or does it not work like that in the Catholic schools?
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
They going to St Henry for high school?
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
They don't rely on the outside shooting as much. We try to play fast and play good D to create points off turnovers. Lots of motion, dribble-drive, pick and roll/pop stuff IMO.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
All of the above. We only had 25 pts the whole game. I would say we shot 15-20% from 3, maybe made 30-40% from the stripe, and couldn't score in the paint. We had maybe 10 pts the whole game in the paint(that includes run out layups). I credit there coaching for putting a plan together that shut us down. We couldn't hit the ocean from the beach. I'm talking lay-ups, jumpers, 3's, it didn't matter what it was. I don't think there is one facet of that game that we did good last night, from the guards to centers to the coaching. It was a rough night for the Birds. No excuses...We win as a team and lose as a team. Bottom line, we didn't get it done. Kuddos to the CEMS boys for going and taking that win. Good luck to them in the finals! Still proud of our boys and the season they put together. Finished with a record around 21-3 for the year.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Silent? How do you figure? The game was just a couple of hours ago and I've seen a couple of posts today alone. I've already congratulated both teams going into the finals. Even hung around to give a couple of the boys on CEMS kudos on the win. Take your shots somewhere else.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Congrats to St Pius and CE! Good luck in the finals on Sat. Birds couldn't get it done tonight. Shot horrific... Credit CE and there coaching on the win. Nice win boys.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Should be some good games tonight. Ockerman seems to have come a long way since the start of the season and St Pius is always strong with Mayer in the lineup. The HMS/CE games are always barn-burners. Over the last three years I think a total of 4-6 points TOTAL separates the games. 6th Grade last second win HMS 7th Grade OT win HMS 8th Grade last second win CE.