Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CAT DIESEL POWER

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CAT DIESEL POWER

  1. Having not seen BE I cannot say how good they are but I know they will be well coached and well prepared. Boyle I have watched and while I don’t think the offense was showing much against Atherton credit has to go to Atherton as they were good on. The defensive side of the ball. Boyle has been known for playing sound defense even in years they weren’t contenders but as a guy who grew up in the early 2000s this Boyle defense was a flashback to those days. They were physical and swarmed the ball like Boyle is known to do. I believe that Boyle is on a trajectory this year that will be historic. You look at these threads and you don’t see the Boyle name near as often in the past. This is something the Boyle inner circle are thriving on. Forget about them and pretend the era of dominance is over. Fuel for the fire! Boyle 35 BE 7
  2. If a kid didn't want to be there, why would you want to keep them? On that same note, if HS in the state of KY are supposed to be about the kids, then why would adults let personal feelings and sports rivalries be the determining factor in allowing a kid to leave? I get it if there is something fishy around the transfer but if there isn't, then the only person truly being hurt is the kid.
  3. This is my understanding of the events as they have unfolded so far: Greer came down last season and consults with Foley (While Herron is already calling defense) Herron is told he has nothing to worry about. This offseason Foley discusses hiring Greer with Herron telling him again he has nothing to worry about. The conversation I was told was to actually ask Herron if he was good with the hire. Herron says yes trusting Foley. Greer is hired and begins telling everyone he is hired as the new DC. Herron is told this is happening and says that is not the case. Within a few days, it comes out that Greer is in fact hired as the new DC. If any of those rumors are even remotely true, then why would anyone ever want to work for Foley? Clearly, he cannot be trusted. Trust on a staff can make or break a season. Greer is known for doing exactly what happened here, so more than likely, if he sets his sights on it, then Foley will get it next. Which will be quite comical with all that has currently transpired.
  4. That freshman team split with another freshman team in the season, so calling them the best freshman team in KY is a bold statement.
  5. I played high school ball with a coach/son duo, and it was an interesting dynamic that they made work successfully. As my son has grown to the age where I will be coaching him, I reached out to my high school coach for some advice which I have tried to live by. First, he sat down with his son at the beginning of their journey and told him that the dynamic could work one of two ways. 1. He could be a dad and watch him play cheer for him and be his biggest fan. Or number 2 he could coach him (did not coach his position but was the head coach) but if he coached him he would always push him to be the best he could be just as he pushed every player on that team. He explained that he would support whatever dynamic the son wanted but that if he wanted #2 there was never a road back to #1 and that it would be coach/player until he was done playing for him. The second tip was that the coach/player dynamic only existed at football outside of that he had to be dad 100% of the time that meant not bringing up football unless the player brought it up but even then it was as dad not as coach. This player picked option number 2 and they won 2 state titles together and one runner-up. I think this question can be answered in multiple ways but the way above worked for this duo. I believe that no matter how it is handled the outcome good or bad will rest on the coach's shoulders and the ability of the coach to put the team's best interest first which will be easier said than done.
  6. Congrats to coach Jackson Arnett. Boyle will feel his loss in multiple areas and Glasgow is getting a proven leader.
  7. No other sport at Boyle is canceling practice for football not even for spring football.
  8. I agree 100% I do. What I am talking about is if all things being said are true and I believe that most are is that their possible #2 may have been lied to. If that’s the case I would think it could turn off potential coaches in the future. I could be wrong and hope I am.
  9. I agree 100% but I don't think this is the case in this matter. The way the process has been handled will keep some of those 2nd-4th etc. guys from staying interested. It won't be that they weren't #1 on the list.
  10. With people confirming that there were in fact interviews and that there were offer(s) made the longer this goes the worse it looks. I am not faulting anyone but from the outside looking in it appears to me that there are multiple moving pieces in this hiring process but the problem is they are all moving independently of one another and not working as a unit. I have no stake in this process of school but as the process goes I would think it has to be starting to cause potential prospects to be leery of what working there might be like.
  11. What’s a couple more days to see what else might open up.
  12. I wouldn’t post something if I didn’t believe it was true and rooted in fact. I can assure you nothing I posted was hearsay.
  13. My original post wasn't or shouldn't have been about his decisions. I was trying to highlight that if they weren't his first choice they may have burned a bridge by lying the way they did to the second. I support and agree with Griffin taking his time and making a decision best for his family. Let's say he was offered the job Tuesday of last week and Arnett reached out Wednesday of this week. We are now talking about 8 days after and the school tells you that they have not even started the process that is a big deal to me and not a good look for Glasgow. I said in my original post that none of this was directed at Coach Griffin. This is all 100% on Glasgow and if Griffin and Arnett were #1 and #2 and neither are hired it will be on them for fumbling this process.
  14. As a guy who grew up in Boyle and been around the program for almost 40 years now I agree 100% it should be a home run hire. Arnett does a great job and I am glad he is at BC. I want him to take the career path that he wants and will be happy for him wherever he is however, selfishly I am glad it looks like he will stay at BC.
  15. I am going to give an update on what I have heard so far. I have heard that Arnett and Griffin both intervied for the job sometime right before/after the new years. After not hearing from the school that Arnett reached out to them sometime this current week and was told that the committee had not even met yet but that they would be in touch soon. After being told this it came to light that Chad Griffin had in fact been offered the job sometime last week but had asked them to give him until tomorrow to make a decision. This timetable was to allow him to talk to Hart (possibly about a raise) and to determine what was going to happen with with Meade Co. Evidently Griffin really wanted the Meade Co job. I have heard that Powers will end up at Meade and that Griffin will now be taking the Glasgow job. There are a few things wrong with this picture if all of this is in fact true. 1. Glasgow admins openly lied to a candidate about the hiring process which is not a good look for anyone who is willing/wanting to work there. If they will lie to one they will lie to anyone. 2. Glasgow was Griffins safe school so to speak in that he wanted the Meade job so he will be settling for his second choice and the school will be hiring someone who didn't have them as a priority. This one happens a lot but still not a great thing. Glasgow was willing to wait over a week on him all while he was waiting on a different job again not a good look. I don't know coach Griffin so in no way am I knocking him as a coach ro a person just giving my opinion on the situation as a whole. Overall this process does not have the look of a school who takes their program serious and
  16. Discussing facilities as a factor is different than arguing between two schools on who has better facilities. it’s not that I don’t care about the discussion it’s that it wasn’t a discussion about this job anymore.
  17. Guys I am going to speak for myself and probably several other on this site. I don’t care who has better facilities nor do I care which team you like. In this particular post I do care what people have heard about this job. Has anyone heard anything about who is getting this job or who else might be a candidate? I don’t care if it’s grass or turf who might be coaching on it?
  18. I am going to assume that it is Jackson Arnett or Griffin as they have been the only two names given so far. I too have heard that they have interest in Arnett but I have not been able to get anything other than rumors.
  19. The topic is the greatest Rebel, not the Rebel with the greatest post-rebel career so while Tamme should be in the discussion, his career afterward shouldn't be a factor. In the early 2000s, it was Leffew, then Duggins, and then Tamme easily, in the late 2000's it was Macshara (Shocked he hasn't been talked about much) and Dawson. Then you have the late 2010s and 2020s with Reese Smith, followed by Quisenberry. This is similar to the Jordan/Lebron debate in that in their eras, each one of these players listed is the greatest Rebel. I have had the privilege of playing with or coaching several of the guys on this list. Being a Rebels sure has been special for a very long time and if you had asked me three years ago I would have said hands down Jeff Duggins was the best to ever put on the uniform. However, in the last three years, I have seen things on Friday nights I would have sworn physics would deem impossible. As it stands today in my opinion Quisenberry is the best to wear the black and gold. He is a generational talent, the likes we may not see again in Boyle County.
  20. Have we determined if this job is in fact open or if it was a retire/rehire situation? Also @Big East Zebra who has interest in the job or who does the school have interest in?
  21. Jackson Arnett is from Tompkinsville.
  22. I have heard he turned it down twice. Of course all just rumors nothing concrete. Also wouldn't be the first time a coach "turned" down a job only to be named for said job anyway.
  23. Player receive that as a scholarship donation upon graduation.
  24. It is terrible. The knee pad does nothing to stop a catastrophic knee injury. The mouthpiece issue is also a little wild as several players have two one in their mouth while the other hangs from the face mask. I will say I believe that for player safety the mouth piece is important and it looks dumb hanging from the face mask while the play is going on.
  25. I don't know if you have noticed but the KHSAA has been requesting people to be officials for the same reason. It's not ok to blast period but it is absolutely ok to expect anyone to do a good job at what they are doing. If the clock operator got their feelings hurt from bluegrass preps then they probably need to find a new gig anyway. I do think making a joke about a situation is also acceptable which is what BEChargers was doing. Either way, the payment status of someone's employment does not and should not apply here. The referees and the clock operator fix all of this by simply doing their jobs.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.