Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

STEEL_CURTAIN88

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by STEEL_CURTAIN88

  1. If Fairview loses it will be due to the sqrewing of all sqrewings with nuts and bolts laying all over the field. AND THAT COULD LIKELY HAPPEN. Its hard to win across the pond and Fairview knows this first hand. Airviews goal should be a two TD lead early. If this happens CG will do what they always do, start slinging the ball around prematurely and try to force things. If this happens its a blow out for Fairview. If CG keeps their composure and keep the eagles offense off the field its anyones ball game. This will be a surefire test on Fairviews physicality and discipline upfront. With that said... Fairview 48 CG 18
  2. I also doubt very highly that Raceland or Paintsville doesnt make it to the semis. If Fairview pulls back to back upsets over them, then imo, the could very well do the same. Im confident that the eastern rep lies within that district though. I dont think Pikeville will beat Paintsville a second time, nor do I think they will beat Raceland if that matchup comes. Raceland is making strides each week, 2 weeks from now, I think they begin their run and look like the team everyone thought they would be week 0.
  3. Russellville and Fairview would beat Campbellsville with Young still in the line-up. Without him I dont think there is any chance they can get passed round 2. Not knocking them, but Young gave them a shot to play for a regional title. Without him, I will be suprised if they make it out of the second round, he was simply that important to their offensive production and secondary on the defensive side of the ball.
  4. 1. Paris will win out and go 10-0 then likely lose in the 2nd rnd or regional championship. 2. Raceland and Russellville are where they belong right now based on their body of work up to this point. 3. Beechwood hasnt done anything to merit their dropping to number 2. Paintsville hasnt done anything, imo but beat teams they should beat (other than Pikeville) and preseason talk/rankings not really playing themselves out the way many would thought, leave me scratching my head as to how good Paintsville really is (Bourbon Co giving up 40+ a game, Frankfort is 0-6, LCA has seemingly fell apart since week 1).so the. Being number 1 is kind of a hard one for me to grasp and agree with. 4. Outside of BW, Raceland has played the toughest schedule. And imo, it will prove that and take the district. I think Raceland is better than most think and things are foming together there in Ram Country. BUT, with what they have done thus far, their Rank is spot on imo. Personally I dont think that Paris or Paintsville are as good as some think. Now, I am a Ram fan, but really like Kash and Coach Chirico and I do think they are good enough to be the eastern rep, however, I think Raceland or Pikeville will be the Rep, even with Raceland's slow start.
  5. I like what Ashland did against Rowan Co, and imo they should continue to do that. Give Baker 5-10 carries, let O'Bryan and co get some reps defensively, then sit em and let the 2s and 3s finish things out and work on the lassing game. They are going to need it in the post season. Ashland 56 Boyd Co 18
  6. Lawrence usually has as many atheletes and more times than not, better atheletes than Raceland. The Bulldogs usually have more size upfront than the Rams. Lawrence County is a tough road game for anyone. With that said, all of these things were facts last year, we still controlled the LOS, and dominated the game. Im taking Raceland. I think LC will bust loose on a big play or two for scores. I think this one goes about like the Portsmouth West game. This will be a good ball game for 2 or 3 quarters. Rams 42 Dawgs 28
  7. We wont see another athelete like Baker or the WR and QB for Lucasville. Tbh, Greenup, Portsmouth West, and West Carter had more speed than we did at the skill positions and we still controlled the LOS and won those games.
  8. Out two minute offense looked great. We need to run and gun with some short passes more often, it really softened the defense.
  9. Raceland can score quickly, which suprised me. with under 2 mins in the first half, the score was 14-13 in the favor of PW. The half time score was 28-14 and we were in position to do so again when time ran out. Paintsville can do the same thing and imo, both teams will keep Fairviews offense of the foeld just grinding them out. But idk if anyone wants to get in a shoot out with Fairview. I do however believe that both the Rams and Tigers will beat the Eagles handedly.
  10. Im not sold that Pikeville and Paintsville are wny better than the Rams. Looking at Paintsvilles schedule, if the teams they have beaten were as good as they would supposedly going to be it would be easier to crown them the heavy favorite, that has not been the case.
  11. This district is going to be a blood bath. Whoever it is, Raceland, Paintsville, or Fairview is going to be battle tested come playoff time. Fairview just may have the firepower to make things even more interesting than I thought.
  12. 3 or 4 turnovers and still manage 41 pts, speaks volumes as to what our offense is doing/is capable of. Weather had alot to do with turnovers for both teams, imo. And FINALLY, you saw what Kyle Jamison is capable of given the chance. I think we need to utilize that quick passing package (the one we used towards halftime), more often.
  13. This was a statement given by Paintsville. BUT, Bourbon is giving up 40+ points per game and of the teams they have played, only Paintsville and Southwestern have winning records. So its hard for me to put them on "that level" just yet. Raceland is improving and Fairview suprised me tonight as well. One more week before the district battle begins. Goina be a fun October.
  14. Lol Bailey is a mule that much is for certain. He should be the feature back next year, he has made alot of strides through the season. He is a much better back than he was at the start of the season. I also expect him to be used more later in the season.
  15. Since the changes were made up front (Vs Greenup), Kane has looked better. Kane is not a speedster back, he isnt going to burn anyone on a sweep, nor is he going to pull a bunch of madden-esk jukes and spin moves. But what he can and will do, is run downhill with authority, especially with Wallace back where he belongs at gaurd pulling like a mack truck. Kane also seems to get stronger as the game goes on, he, imo is a kid that needs to be our close out back and get 15-20 carries each game. Our best success in the run game has always come from a "lull you to sleep...WAKE UP scheme". Iso, delay to a Power back, short pass/WR screen, delay iso, counter, then a lead-counter that seals the edge, decapitates the DE, blows up the OLB and leaves a 1 on 1 between one of our backs and a DB. That is when we get our big gains. Then our passing game opens up. I think this will indeed be a game that our offense starts to become consistent. Still not peaking or seeing full potential, but making strides. I have a feeling we are going to win big tonight and start a run.
  16. I dont think the top 5 are seperated by much no matter what way you slice it. I dont think Paintsville or Pikeville are any better than Raceland either, especially if the Ram's offense continues to play like it did last week. In that regaurd, I think we have only scratched the surface.
  17. No. All i saw out of him at the Raceland game was a kid fired up. He got chippy a few times when Morgan Carmen blasted him for a loss(only twice or so lol), but thats just grit and passion imo. All is good JD, no harm, no foul.
  18. Back up and punt bud. I for one stated I didnt have a problem with a kid celebrating. The statement was meant in fun towards Ram. Ive said numerous times that any personal interaction i have had with Q has been one that left me thinking he was a respectful, humble, and classy young man. All of this talk was started bc i was unsure of a rule change bc of some of the celebrstions I have seen this season. Not just by Q but by Raceland players and Greenup players as well. No ill intent to neone.
  19. Ram, Times have changed since you and my dad were playing ball lol. I dont think that stuff would have flown with cosches BTR, Snyder, or Pack. Sure, BTR parked a bus on the 50 yardline at Fairview HS before the game, but better think twice before you spike his football lol
  20. Preseason, Paintsville's schedule seemed legit to me. But, Frankfort had had injury problems, Williamsburg wasnt defensively what people thought they would be, Ridgeview (VA) wasnt as good as anticipated, and Sheldon Clark is weak. Really, the only team that was solid or good they have played is Pikeville. But their intent was to play better competition to prepare then for the district and further, I dont think the schedule has done that despite their efforts. Same deal with Pikeville. So I am still kind of lost as to how good either of them really are. Couple that with Raceland looking god awful in the first two weeks and struggling with turnovers against Greenup County, I still have no clue what to make of the east. This game will tell me something, how Raceland looks this week will tell us if they can have any consistancy in offense, as for Pikeville, they are good, but they dont have anyone left to show us just how good they afe unless Hazard rebounds from all the injuries.
  21. LCA 27 Raceland 20 Regional Championship 2008: The Rams held a 20-3 lead at half time and LCA rattled off 24 unanswered points thanks to the scrambling and arm of Lucas Whitt (i believe that was his name, graduated with Hayden and Burnette). Great ball game. New Cath/Danville, 2006 State Final game: I cant remember the score but Danville was up 4 or 5 TDs at the half, then New Cath stormed back and the shoot out was on. Also possibly the coldest high school football game I have ever been to.
  22. Thats what I have been thinking Ram. Right now, I am just now sold on Paintsville, Pikeville, and Raceland being very much better than each other. All three are top 5 teams, but I am not sold that Paintsville and Pikeville are very much better than one another. Reason being, is neither team has done anything incredibly impressive against solid competition. I think Raceland has played the toughest over all schedule but lost two games to the best teams on that schedule. I think a healthy Raceland, plays within 2 TDs of Ashland and beats Valley by a TD, Davidson is still not at 100% and there are other kids that have been playing through some minor issues as well. I think both the BGP top 5 could beat each other on any given night. This game is a chance at making a big statement for Paintsville because up to this point, after Pikeville taking a thumping from Belfry and Raceland's tough loss at Valley, I think all three are neck and neck with not one of them being a clear favorite. Raceland underachieved in the first few games, but since, has started to put things together. Im interested to see what Paintsville can do this week.
  23. And I havent seen anyone in our district/region be able to do that against proven quality opponents.
  24. Raceland has unknowingly and somewhat under the radar, been a little banged up. Some of the skill kids have been playing on some bad ankles, knees, etc. they r a tough bunch though and its only hurt them in two games, which were infact the losses. I dont think we would have beat Ashland, but a Healthy Davidson would have made the game alot closer, as we would have been able to do a bit more offensively. I think the team that played Valley would have lost by two true TDs to Ashland. That being said, I look for our offense to really open up in the 2nd half of the season. Now, I dont think we are going to score 50 points a game, but if we average 30 points a game, our defense will do the rest from here on out. With what is left on our schedule, I think teams will need to score in the high 30s+ to beat us.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.