Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greatest comback

Featured Replies

What was the greatest comeback you have personally seen in high school football? Please provide details.

CovCath against Highlands aka Mud Bowl 1997

Highlands vs Owensboro in last year's title game was the greatest one I've personally seen.

Warren Central vs HHS two years ago! WC had a running clock put on them and almost came back to win...losing 71-69 (I think)...and basically just ran out of time!!!

Warren Central vs HHS two years ago! WC had a running clock put on them and almost came back to win...losing 71-69 (I think)...and basically just ran out of time!!!

 

I thought about that one but since they didn't come back and win I wasn't sure if it was considered a comeback. That was something though!

Boyle 42 Lone Oak 39 in 2 Overtimes.

 

Rebels trailed Lone Oak 39-23 with about 8 minutes to go in the 4A State Title Game. Boyle came back to tie it on a last second 38 yard Field Goal. Won it in the 2nd Overtime.

 

 

LONE OAK vs BOYLE COUNTY (Dec 04, 2009)

Pulaski vs Wagoner 2003

Down 35 with about 9 minutes left if memory serves.

Won 82-68.

Thought they were going to have to bring in new refs to finish the game, as much running they had to do in this game.

Fun to watch.

Boyle 42 Lone Oak 39 in 2 Overtimes.

 

Rebels trailed Lone Oak 39-23 with about 8 minutes to go in the 4A State Title Game. Boyle came back to tie it on a last second 38 yard Field Goal. Won it in the 2nd Overtime.

 

 

LONE OAK vs BOYLE COUNTY (Dec 04, 2009)

 

Beat me to it. That was such an awesome day. What a game. I'll never forget it.

 

They were behind 29-13 with 9:00 left in the game.

Beat me to it. That was such an awesome day. What a game. I'll never forget it.

 

They were behind 29-13 with 9:00 left in the game.

 

Yeah, got my memory crossed up on the score. I knew it was 16 points though.

Boyle 42 Lone Oak 39 in 2 Overtimes.

 

Rebels trailed Lone Oak 39-23 with about 8 minutes to go in the 4A State Title Game. Boyle came back to tie it on a last second 38 yard Field Goal. Won it in the 2nd Overtime.

 

 

LONE OAK vs BOYLE COUNTY (Dec 04, 2009)

 

I remember that! That was exciting.

Warren Central vs HHS two years ago! WC had a running clock put on them and almost came back to win...losing 71-69 (I think)...and basically just ran out of time!!!

 

....and how many times did we say we were leaving cause this one is over?

Lewis County vs Nicholas County 2011.

 

Lewis was down 30-19 with around 5:00 left in the game (after trailing 18-0 at the start of 2nd half). QB Levi Clark found WR Jarrett Park on a wheel route for a score to make it 30-25. Nicholas got the ball back and just had to rely on their strong ground game (Caleb Pope was one of the top backs in 1A that season) to run out the clock. At about the 2:30 mark one of NC's RB's busted outside on a run and WR/CB Jarrett Parker stripped the ball out of his hands and took it to the house for the score. Lewis County ended up winning 33-30 after Nicholas turned the ball over on down the next possession. Great high school football game.

Henry Clay vs Boyle County 2007

 

The greatest comeback I have seen in Kentucky High School football also involved Boyle County.

 

Henry Clay led Boyle County 40-14 at Boyle County in 2007 at the start of the 4th quarter. Boyle County took the lead 43-40 with a little over a minute left.

 

Henry Clay scored a touchdown in the last seconds of the game on a Ryan Phillippi to Aaron Boyd touchdown pass.

 

It was the greatest comeback I have seen, despite Boyle County ultimately losing the game.

 

 

Game Details: Henry Clay @ Boyle County Football 8/31/07

Beat me to it. That was such an awesome day. What a game. I'll never forget it.

 

They were behind 29-13 with 9:00 left in the game.

 

On about five different occasions Lone Oak needed one first down and they win the game. But they never got. I seem to recall Zach Hester having a monster defensive game that day.

Estill County vs. Mason County last year.

 

Engineers were down by 2 TD's if I'm not mistaken late. When an Estill player went down with an injury the Engineers got their heads on straight and came back to defeat the Royals in a 37-35 contest. Mr. Do-It-All Trevor Jones had 262 rush yards and 137 pass yards to lead the Engineers past the Royals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.