Everything posted by egs300
-
Holmes' Tyrah McClendon-Englemon Joins 1000 Point Club
Congratulations!!!!
-
Conner 74 Lloyd 68
This was a good game! Both teams fought hard and neither would give. In the end, Lloyd was done in by missed opportunities after key steals. They either turned it back over or missed easy shots. Conner sealed and hung on to win because of making free throws down the stretch. I don't has any stats, but it was balanced on both sides. I also must say that although the refs missed some calls on both sides, in the end they let the players decide the game, which is the way it should be. Kudos to the refs.
-
Holmes 64 Boone 48
It was overall a good game, but Holmes was never in jeopardy of losing control or the game. The score doesn't really indicate how the game went but Boone had a couple of charges in the 2nd half. I see Boone challenging teams but just won't have enough to get them over the hump. If this is to happen, they will need better guard play to free up Beal, Kylie A. and there is another young lady that I don't know her name (but the offense comes from these three).
-
Holmes 45 Ryle 42 (9th Region Championship)
full tourney bracket: http://khsaa.org/basketball/girls/sweet16/2016/girlstatebracket2016.pdf
-
Holy Cross 41 Notre Dame 37
M. Chames needs some work in areas, but once she gets the individual tutoring, she will be a dominate force. She plays hard so if she works hard at acquiring the other skill set the progress will come.
-
Holy Cross 41 Notre Dame 37
@Baseball, yes Ms. Baugh. I posted a correction just before reading this. The key was free throws down the stretch. Coaches always preach free throws wins games!
-
Holy Cross 41 Notre Dame 37
I stand corrected. In my previous post I incorrectly said J. Martin, I have come to know it was K. Baugh playing deep ball. Sorry Ms. Baugh, you deserve credit for those shots.
-
Holy Cross 41 Notre Dame 37
Yes they did call a foul on that play. Once she learns the game, i agree she will be a force. She is every bit of 220, but more like 6' at the moment. Also, I find it interesting that when HC loses, we talk about the winning and it's star. So I will go ahead and say it. HC came out and made a statement, the NDA battled back. HC coach made an adjustment, the NDA didn't have an answer for Z. Beal. She showed up tonight and played like she is capable. She also guarded the girl that torched them last time and for the most part completely shut her down. The entire HC team played very good defense tonight and they team rebounded with NDA (which if memory serves right, they got blasted on the boards in the previous meeting). Outside of J. Martin hitting 3s from the parking lot in the second half the defense was solid all night. I would say J. Martin was so deep I would probably not have guarded her out there either, but after the 2nd one, okay, this is range, go guard it. ;-). Overall, the game was tremendous and very exciting and entertaining to watch.
-
Conner 63 Newport Central Catholic 56
I haven't seen Conner this year but have read about the team's potential, so really I can't comment +/- on that. From the 23-28 stat line for free throws (in this game), does anyone know the number of free throws they average per game? I ask because that number of free throws suggest a lot of fouling down the stretch or they changed something in their strategy.
-
Simon Kenton 60 Highlands 57
Nothing to say but what a game! Hard fought and that finish was fantastic. Congrats to SK and hats off to the the lady birds for their resolve to never give up!
-
Holmes 55 Holy Cross 48 2OT
I didn't give you play by play as well. If you wereally actually talking about winning time then you would have given an account of both OTs. Additionally I didn't mention an players names as well just that Holmes was whining through out. Now no one on either side tried to show up the refs. However on some of those calls on both sides of the ball, the refs should have hung up their whistles.
-
Holmes 55 Holy Cross 48 2OT
Did you just there at game end or where you there the entire time? I am just curious because you pull out OT plays which suggests to me that you missed the game. Did you miss the dive on the floor by Beal that acquired a valuble possession during the comeback run? Did you miss the 2 FTs by McClendon that sent the game into the first OT? Just wondering curious minds want to know. Whining to the refs, oh my, did you miss that going into the 4th quarter the fouls were 9 HC and 3 Holmes. Now tell me with there aggressive play, how did they only have 3 fouls? Again just curious minds want to know. Oh, by the way, I saw more demonstrative whining by Holmes players to the refs then HC. However, the refs are the refs.
-
Holmes 55 Holy Cross 48 2OT
It was tale of two halves. Someone mentioned that Holmes went cold in the 2nd half, ironically it was same basket that HC couldn't buy a bucket in the 1st half. The basket did seem to have lid on it. HC came out of the locker room a different team. It was truly a team effort to get back in to the game. Out the gate McClendon asserted herself getting to the basket and finishing. As a result it opened up the some looks. That's when Beal downed a money ball, then Tucker caught fire from distance coupled with a few easy baskets, now there was a ball game. It was truly a tale of two halves. HC turnovers in the 1st and Holmes' turnovers in the 2nd and both team took advantage of the miscues and capitalized on their end. It was great to see HC not give up and fight back from 19 and great to see Holmes' leaders step up and calm the ship. If you missed the game you missed a treat. However, in the upcoming tournament both teams have to come out ready to play or season OVER.
-
NKY Freshman Girl's Championship
I agree.
-
NKY Freshman Girl's Championship
Congrats to the Lady Birds on their freshmen championship. The pipeline for 9th region basketball over the next couple of years is going to be exciting as some exit and others hit the stage. These two teams along with some others have a wonderful talent pool. The competition will be fierce and fans will be treated! @RCC9 Trinity Mc is the younger sister of Dajah. I look forward to her growth along with some others in the region and state!
-
Covington Holy Cross 43 Highlands 36
Overall this was a very good and competitive game. Close for most of the game and HHS was down early and made a run to go up and remained for most of the 3rd and then HC made a run to go up and never relinquished it after that. There different HC girls making plays at different times, Beal, Gabbard, Criegler, Chames and others. I thought Adler was rushing her shots in the first half and that bothered her most of the game although she had a couple of nice moves around the basket and did hit one 3. She had open looks but seemed a little strong with the shots along with not having her feet set. I also thought that HHS would move McKenzie outside with Chames on her and give an opportunity to use her athleticism against her. McClendon, controlled the game as usual and the others feeds off of her leadership. In reference to RCC9's comments about behavior, there were several times during the game that members of both teams offered hands to help the other up. The game got a little rough towards the end, there was nothing but good sportsmanship on the floor tonight. GOOD JOB HC and HHS. Any one have the stats? If so please post.
-
Highlands vs. Holy Cross tonight at HHS
Maybe but it still wasn't a heave. But known for and ability to do are separate. Say from instance of it was from a known for 3 pt shooting, then it would have been, she has range. So I still content it was a shot not a heave.
-
Highlands vs. Holy Cross tonight at HHS
A heave? I wouldn't say it was a heave. A heave is generally a shot that thrown towards the basket in desperation attempting to make it. I would say this was open shot (admittedly much further out than anyone is use to her shooting) and NCC's didn't think she would take it but she did and fortunately it gave those in attendance some bonus play.
-
Newport Central Catholic 52 Holy Cross 50 (9th Region All A Finals)
That was a great game between 2 good teams that get after it. This could have went either way but the team that made the most plays won the game. McClendon and Davenport showed why they are 2 of the best players in the region and state (IMO). They stepped up like seniors do anade playa for the team. I wish both teams the best of luck the remainder of the season!
-
Ansley Davenport (Newport Catholic) scores 1000th career point
There are some very good players in the region. I would not count out of the discussion D. McClendon at HC. She is playing very well also.
-
Holmes 71 Campbell County 66 (OT)
The Camels played a good game. Holmes seemed lackadaisical at times through out the entire game. Wilson was having his way in the paint. However, I am not a Listerman fan, but he made the defensive adjustment on Wilson and he was a non factor in the 2nd half. The game was close but the mistake the Camels made when they try to go man to man for stint and they could not stay in front of McClendon and then Arnold woke up and they were back in the game and able to speed it up. As for the officiating, there were questionable calls/non-calls at critical points. As sportfan13 mention the strip of McClendon, I agree that was questionable and probably the incorrect call. I also think it was just as critical when McClendon got hip checked on a breakaway and no call, then fouled again going making the pass another no call. Then there was the foul called that questionably could have been intentional but it was called just a 2 shot foul committed against Holmes' Englemen or Commodore (I forget which player went to the line at that point). Summary is there were missed/bad calls on both sides of the ball but the players kept playing which they should and the coaches kept coaching which they should. The outcome is a Holmes win. However, even with the subpar officiating, the Camels doomed themselves by missing the front-end of the 1-1s. The difference Holmes made free throws when it counted and the Camels didn't. Young folks reading the post keep in mind FREE THROWS wins games! I learned it as a young lad and teach as an old fool.:lol2:
-
Holmes 67 Lloyd 49
I was at that game. It was a nice game all around. The officials did a wonderful job, probably the best that I've seen this year thus far. IMO (in my observation), it seemed that McClendon held back his explosiveness as he recognized that his teammates were having a wonderful game. Holmes was never really threaten and when the Juggs made a (mini) run, they turned up the gas. This was definitely a game where some of the other players can build some confidence. By far this is the best game that I seen Arnold have this season along with Daniels.
-
Holmes 60 Bishop Brossart 51
I would venture to say around 10 to 15. He is very unselfish with ball and willing to share it with teammates. Knowing that you are the man on a team and still willing to share is remarkable. I don't see him forcing a lot of shots, virtually very few. In some instances he needs to be more selfish and take over. He has take over ability, especially with his speed and handles he's very hard to defend, but he is content in letting the game come to him through the flow. Another ability of his, he can score in big spurts and that can doom a team. On here we talk about his offense but I've seen the kid play like many others and he can get at you on defense as well. I have seen in the last game where he pulls back on D, pick and choose because he knows the team need him on the floor and not sitting in foul trouble.
-
Holmes 64 St Henry 54
LOL, actually that was a mistake using that darn phone to post. It's missing the "n". McClendon.
-
Holmes 64 St Henry 54
There are some comments about McCle don (correct spelling) being very quick and fast. What were you watching last several years. He didn't just get that way this year. He was lightening at HC. Maybe it's just this year he is unleaded as last year he was bottled up y the coaches. Also yes this year they seem to share the ball more but I also see they need to know who is the go to guy on this team. I did see plenty of room for growth on this team and of coached and jell properly they can make some noise this season. Overall I see a solid year for this team.