Conner 63 Newport Central Catholic 56

Per the KHSAA. Congratulations to the lady cougars as they win their 20th game of the season in their regular season finale. Imo this is considered an upset and probably Conner's best win of the season. While not a good shooting night again from the field for the lady cougars they were able to hit 23 of 28 from the foul line to end the season and prepare for the districts next week. Does anyone have any details of the game? I have stated previously that this team could be a team that could upset a team come tournament time if they get hot from the outside and make shots.

Per the KHSAA. Congratulations to the lady cougars as they win their 20th game of the season in their regular season finale. Imo this is considered an upset and probably Conner's best win of the season. While not a good shooting night again from the field for the lady cougars they were able to hit 23 of 28 from the foul line to end the season and prepare for the districts next week. Does anyone have any details of the game? I have stated previously that this team could be a team that could upset a team come tournament time if they get hot from the outside and make shots.

Two Things-1)that this is Conner's biggest win of the season(and i agree with this statement), is a shame. The team has too many athletes and too much talent to not have picked off a few more of the quality teams they played this year. 2)From what I witnessed, it's because they are coached and complacent to park it outside, pass around the perimeter and shoot 3's all day long. Very little effort to work the ball down low and score from the interior(or at least work it inside out to open up the three) and not enough driving the basket with their athletes. I really think this team can be good, but throwing up an average of 22 threes a game at 27%, is, IMO not a winning strategy against quality teams.

I haven't seen Conner this year but have read about the team's potential, so really I can't comment +/- on that. From the 23-28 stat line for free throws (in this game), does anyone know the number of free throws they average per game? I ask because that number of free throws suggest a lot of fouling down the stretch or they changed something in their strategy.

I haven't seen Conner this year but have read about the team's potential, so really I can't comment +/- on that. From the 23-28 stat line for free throws (in this game), does anyone know the number of free throws they average per game? I ask because that number of free throws suggest a lot of fouling down the stretch or they changed something in their strategy.

During the season in 30 games they were 385 for 620 and 62% or an average of 12.8 makes for 20.7 attempts.

I haven't seen Conner this year but have read about the team's potential' date=' so really I can't comment +/- on that. From the 23-28 stat line for free throws (in this game), does anyone know the number of free throws they average per game? I ask because that number of free throws suggest a lot of fouling down the stretch or they changed something in their strategy.[/quote']

They average 20 attempts per game.