Everything posted by NKYSportsFreak
-
Boone County/Campbell County Updates
Wrong series to put the Seniors back on the field.....
-
Boone County/Campbell County Updates
I like boones backfield tonight. I know nothing about the, so maybe Guru can fill in the blanks, but they look young. I do know that big #84 sure is a good looking athlete As for the Camels, the 2nd half Simon Kenton game did something to them. I see more guys going two ways than at any other time in Lickert's tenure. Starting in the 2nd quarter though, the Camels seemed to have played the best defense of the last 4 weeks.
-
Best Sophomores in NKY
Matt Reynolds of Campbell County just may push three year starting catcher, Robert Metz to a new position. Reynolds is a smooth gloved receiver who has a tremendous mind to call a game in his Varsity starts last year. Had it not been for a shoulder strain, this young man's true switch-hitting ability just might have put him behind the plate for the stretch run, when it was needed most.
- Western Kentucky Regional Contest (Week #10) Sponsored by YOUR BUSINESS HERE!
-
Louisville Area Regional Contest Week #10 Sponsored by YOUR BUSINESS HERE!
7 Butler 5 E-Town 3 N Oldham 2 Fairdale 1 Trimble Co tb Butler
-
Campbell County 3 Bishop Brossart 0
Awesome recap. Congrats to the Lady Camels, this is turning into an awesome run!
- NKY Football Contest Sponsored By Joe Lay & Sons Plumbing (Week 10)
-
NKY Football Week 9 Rankings
I agree with Beechwood, that is a much better placement. But how do you justify Campbell over Ryle,after Ryle just beat Campbell in Alexandria?
-
Does Dixie have a shot in 6A?
This!
-
Kentucky Class 6A Football Rankings for 10-20
As I look at this, I have to consider SOS. I have contended that Simon Kenton had not played a team worthy of their ranking until they faced Dixie. This game against a highly ranked 5A school will help better understand whether the Neers have deserved a top 10 ranking at all this year. Besides Cooper and Dixie, the Neers have not played a team with a winning record.
-
NKY Preseason Coaches Polls/Players Rankings
You beat me to it. I did not see him this summer, but to say there was a better defensive player on the floor during the Camels run to Lexington was no one else but Wilson.
-
Campbell County vs. Boone County: Battle for the #4 Seed
After three major letdowns, I do believe the Camels will right the ship this week. I actually do not like Senior Night games, but I actually think this will help the Camels.
-
Newport Central Catholic @ Cov. Holy Cross predictions
I know we always want to discuss our teams and it's always worth talking about what our teams need to do to win the next game. But there are some games, that no fault of their own, have nothing to talk about. I wish both teams well, and pray for no injuries by either. But predicting the outcome, well in Vegas this would have no line.
-
Bullitt Central/Simon Kenton Predictions
BC goes 9-0
-
Dixie Heights vs Ryle
Dixie 34-12
-
Dixie Heights 36 Simon Kenton 10
Where did you possibly get that from what I wrote. I made NO comparisons between the two. Re-read it for yourself!
-
6A Playoffs
YES NO
-
Dixie Heights 36 Simon Kenton 10
I would love nothing more than for Ryle to shock Dixie and create a 3-way tie. But there is NO WAY that will happen. Ryle proved that SK was overrated in their match-up a few weeks ago. Not many wanted to believe that until last night proved it! No, Ryle won't beat Dixie!
-
Ryle 21 Campbell County 14 (OT)
^ Don't try to make it what it's not Clyde. Both teams have weaknesses that they know will not win them a District yet. Yes, the oblong pigskin bounces funny, and next week it could bounce Ryle's way. But neither team has the horses yet. Both teams know where they need to get more mature. Ryle is closer than Campbell County and that was obvious on the field last night.
-
Ryle 21 Campbell County 14 (OT)
I can agree with this. Losing Wilson meant this team lost their offensive direction. The Camels finally were going change from "Power left or Power right". But Wilson had still not proven he could pass, so we honestly do not know what we would have seen. Obviously the loss of Myers to prepare for his High School undefeated record for Wrestling put a burden on the defense.
-
Ryle 21 Campbell County 14 (OT)
No disrespect to our Raider fans on here, but last night was a poorly executed football game, played by two less than average football teams. I don't want to discredit either team, but based on last night, neither is good. Thus, every team has a bad or looks like their execution is off. But it is CCHS who has looked like the wheels have fallen off! 4-4 is not life-ending (or playoff ending), but when your last three games have included two embarrassing blowouts and then one "MUST WIN", at home, against a mediocre team, and you lose, well how do you justify 4-4 not being that bad?
-
Ryle 21 Campbell County 14 (OT)
The Camels are indeed an enigma. But that is only when you look at what we expected after the Highlands game versus what we have seen in the last three games. For the 6A coaches, the game planning against the Camels has not changed in the last four seasons. Whether is was "Durham power right" for two years, or "Wood power left" and now "Plessinger power left", the offense is identical! All three quarterbacks played with heart and grit, but you cannot keep a defense honest, you see what we saw the last three weeks. I watched Ryle load up the left side of the box, sometimes with 5 defensive players in the box left of the center. To the Camels credit, they still moved the ball, but it is a one trick pony that the trick has been exposed. Lickert is to be credited for bringing the HHS mentality of only running a handfull of plays, and running them to near perfection. But what he does not have that the Birds have always had is the ability to keep the defense honest by throwing the ball downfield. I don't mean this to be all about the offense though. The real issue with CCHS over the tenure of this coaching staff is the inability of the Defense to stop big plays. If you want to look at the real issues with Campbell County football and what is preventing them from taking the next step, it's the leader who has ran the defense over this tenure. This is not a gripe. I am not a father of a player. Let the facts speak for themselves. Look at the stats, and if you are not a stat person, then look at the results. This year, it is the same story, different season!
-
How good is Simon Kenton?
Yes, but they lost! In 2012, when both Henry Clay (L 33-31) and Bryan Station (L 29-22) were the worst teams in their District. How do you hang your hat on that?
-
How good is Simon Kenton?
It is hard to form an opinion on Simon Kenton. UK#1 would have us believe this is the best team Simon Kenton has ever had, yet they have struggled on the road to two of the worst 6A teams in the state. No knock on Boone or Ryle, but both programs would admit to not having the horses to compete. Campbell County did fool us once again, but they are not ready yet to prove they are a consistent football team that can win away from their own field. And I do not believe that Dixie is as good as last year, so to beat the Colonels will not be as impressive as much as a loss will prove that NKY 6A is the weakest it has ever been. Same argument, different day. Until Simon Kenton has played a game against Cov Cath or Highlands, then they will continue to be "Boise State" claiming they deserve to be recognized alongside the SEC.