Everything posted by polarbear98
-
St. Patrick 51 Villa Madonna 48 (OT)
This game here is the one that got me in the contest. :ohbrother: Congrats to the Patties on the W.
-
George Rogers Clark 62 Scott 60
Well I said get them in foul trouble and they would have a chance. Scott may have made an early case for a repeat albeit in a loss.
-
Bracken County 96 Williamstown 70
Same kid. He goes around 6’4”-6’5”
-
Simon Kenton 75 Mason County 72
Great minds think alike!!
-
Newport 62 Brossart 59
Thanks LB. Love you game recaps. It’s been a minute since we have had a chance to chat. Keep up the good work. :thumb:
-
Gallatin County 72 Bracken County 31
Agreed. That’s the way it goes. Gotta roll with the punches.
-
George Rogers Clark vs Scott 12/2
Alright you got me Goldie. Honestly Scott would run out of players before they could put a dent in armor. Your top 8 would be starters for any team. Ohh wait some were.........
-
Gallatin County 72 Bracken County 31
Growing pains in Brooksville. These boys are having to learn by fire so to speak. They have some winnable games on the schedule but if they don’t figure out the press it’s gonna be a tough Road ahead this season. Several underclassmen getting quality experience will only help in the long term. Short term we have more of these game I am afraid.
-
George Rogers Clark vs Scott 12/2
This should be a little better test for GRC. Neutral court to boot. Scott is a good team but with “the Jake” gone they will have to find another Mr. Clutch. With their smorgasbord of talent I’d say GRC wins by 10-12. But Scott may have a punchers chance if they can get GRC in some foul trouble.
-
George Rogers Clark 82 Nicholas County 32
Ok. They use to have peach baskets for goals too. What’s your point? Because you have been attending games for half a century makes you the basketball authority? Game has changed leaps and bounds in 50 years. Hell back then dunking was a technical. I may be younger than you but that doesn’t make me a basketball novice.
-
George Rogers Clark 82 Nicholas County 32
I didn’t take a dig I just said a very balanced stat sheet. Which it was. I’m glad they went deep on the bench. Takes the risk of injury to a main player out of the equation. Points are what matter to me. That and rebounds. Could care less about assists. I know you love to talk about assists and to each their own. I was interested to see if the scoring was balanced and it was. But then I look at thre opposition and it wasnt a shocker to see the outcome . And that’s not a dig on NC. They were just outmatched in this one. I’m willing to say your coveted assist numbers will go down against stronger opponents. With all the talent that was there last year and the “new talent” that showed up in Winchester this year their will be kids wanting to get theirs and not concerned about distributing the ball. Similar to a good AAU team. They only have a 3-4 very talented players so not to take away from them shining. They fill the rest with up and coming talent. Everyone stays happy for the most part that way. I know your gonna tell me I’m wrong and that’s ok. I look forward to seeing them play this season. I’m curious to see them in action. As dumb as this sounds you can have too much talent. But what do I know I’ve only been watching basketball for 20 years. :idunno:
-
George Rogers Clark 82 Nicholas County 32
Looks like a balanced stat sheet :idunno: Several players got in the game that’s good. I’m not sure what you want me to say? A far superior team absolutely loaded with talent beat a team of homegrown kids:idunno:
-
Small School Dynasty - Easier in Basketball or Football?
Can’t ignore the fact that classes play a big role in the competition level. Beechwood is in the finals every year. Why? Because they are a prolific program in 1A. They dominated that class for years. And will continue to do so because of their rich football tradition. If it were just 1 class like in Basketball could they compete with the big schools of the 9th region? Maybe maybe not.
-
Small School Dynasty - Easier in Basketball or Football?
Football hands down due to classes. Most “football schools” have very strong feeder programs due to the high success rate of the parent high school. It’s a culture that is hard to beat. Basketball is very prone to transfers and that often breeds success for those programs in the short term. It’s very easy to determine which schools are football vs basketball schools. Most can be labeled in a second or 2. Mostly due to their rich tradition in each sport. I’ll list 6 schools and you tell me what you think and why. Mason Co Danville Beechwood Pendleton Co Raceland Lexington Christian Those are random off the top of my head. Now their are exceptions to everything like Paris and Cov Cath off the top of my head. They excell at both or have recently anyway.
-
Wolfe County 100 Lee County 20
New single game scoring record for Stone at Wolfe County. Congrats to him on the accomplishment. Very impressive if done so in 2.5 quarters.
-
George Rogers Clark 82 Nicholas County 32
Never in doubt from what I heard. Like to see the stats from this one.
-
Robertson County 78 Augusta 62
Robertson will definitely turn some heads this season. Coach Kelsch will have them in the hunt all season. Definitely some better season coming for the Black Devils starting this season. I hope to see them play a lot this season being only 10 minutes away from the homestead to the Devil Dome
-
Bracken County at Pendleton County Predictions 11/28/17
That’s How it appears for the iPhone. I’ll just check Twitter periodically until I can download yet another app to listen to games.
-
Bracken County at Pendleton County Predictions 11/28/17
I wouldn’t read to much into Appleman not playing. He got a scholarship to play football and that may of had some bearing on his decision. Possibly one of the stipulations of the scholarship:idunno: may not wanna risk injury.
-
George Rogers Clark vs Nicholas County Predictioins
:thumb: Whatever you say boss!
-
George Rogers Clark vs Nicholas County Predictioins
The cards name the score and win big. Only concern will be making sure all the stars get their points. Just hope it’s an injury free game. :thumb:
-
Sweet 16 in November Contest
1st Region: McCracken County 2nd Region: UHA 3rd Region: Owensboro Catholic 4th region: Bowling Green 5th Region: Taylor County 6th Region: Fern Creek 7th Region: Trinity 8th Region: Walton-Verona 9th Region: Covington Catholic 10th region: George Rogers Clark 11th region: Scott County 12th region: Mercer County 13th Region: Harlan County 14th Region: Cordia 15th Region: Floyd Central 16th Region: Ashland State Championship Game: Covington Catholic vs. Trinity 2017-18 State Champion: Trinity
-
BluegrassPreps.com Northern KY Regional Contest Week 1
7- villa madonna 5- Newport Central Catholic 3- Boone Co 2- Bracken Co 1- Mason Co TB Boone Co
-
George Rogers Clark 71 Scott County 57 (Scrimmage)
Agreed. It’s gonna be tough for them all to get their points with all the new faces and star power they have. People can say what they want about the “team” mentality but parents will dictate that. That what usually happens to a team loaded with....... (talented newcomers) yeah that works.
-
George Rogers Clark 71 Scott County 57 (Scrimmage)
Had several instances where that fan base has been annoying at games.