George Rogers Clark 82 Nicholas County 32

GRC is such a fun team to watch. Fast pace, trapping defense and scoring in transition. Also rebounded well tonight too. I don't have any stats yet but hope to have some later.

Got to mention the block by Ben Jackson tonight it was awesome. The whole bench erupted when it happened. Cooper shot well from 3 tonight , Philpot had a solid game on both ends of the court. Taylor was our energizer to get us off to a good start tonight. Graham is very athletic and very good defender. Canada seemed a little nervous to start the game, but it didn't take him long to start filling up the basket. JJ Johnson brings so much to this team off the bench this year. Solid each and every game.

I watch the bench a lot and I loved how they supported those on the floor by getting up and cheering for them.

We had a good crowd there tonight and our cheering section was bigger than I expected. My 89 year old mom is staying with me this week and I took her to the game with me. She loved watching GRC play. She said she hadn't been to a high school game in over a decade.

Never in doubt from what I heard. Like to see the stats from this one.

I am interested in what you have to say about the stats.

Here are the stats. We are so blessed to have such a great person that does the stats for us.

Team statistics were as follows:

GRC

Assists – 25

Offensive Rebounds – 11

Defensive Rebounds – 25

Steals – 12

Turnovers – 9

Blocked Shots – 4

Nicholas County

Assists – 12

Offensive Rebounds – 1

Defensive Rebounds – 11

Steals – 3

Turnovers – 19

Blocked Shots – 0

Individual statistics for the Cards were as follows:

Chase Taylor (#11) had 18 points (w/ 2 treys), 4 assists, 1 defensive rebound, and 2 steals.

Brennan Canada (#13) had 13 points (w/ 1 trey), 4 assists, 2 offensive rebounds, 4 defensive rebounds, and 2 blocked shots.

Ryan Cooper (#21) had 12 points (w/ 2 treys), 4 assists, 1 offensive rebound, 4 defensive rebounds, and 2 steals.

Will Philpot (#35) had 8 points, 1 assist, 4 defensive rebounds, and 1 steal.

KJ Rucker (#4) had 7 points (w/ 1 trey), 4 assists, 1 offensive rebound, 1 defensive rebound, and 1 steal.

Ben Jackson (#25) had 6 points, 2 offensive rebounds, and 1 blocked shot.

Jordan Graham (#22) had 5 points, 4 assists, 1 defensive rebound, and 2 steals.

Jehdon Jenkins (#20) had 4 points, 1 assist, 1 offensive rebound, 1 defensive rebound, and 2 steals.

JJ Johnson (#31) had 4 points, 1 assist, 3 offensive rebounds, 2 defensive rebounds, and 1 steal.

Jared Wellman (#15) had 3 points (w/ 1 trey), 1 assist, 4 defensive rebounds, and 1 steal.

Ezekiel Dijiba (#23) had 2 points, 1 offensive rebound, and 1 defensive rebound.

DT Knowles (#10) had 1 defensive rebound.

Isaiah Noland (#5) had 1 assist and 1 blocked shot.

Nitavius Thomas (#30) had 1 defensive rebound.

All stats can be found on the following web site.

George Rogers Clark - Team Home George Rogers Clark Cardinals Sports

Here are the stats. We are so blessed to have such a great person that does the stats for us.

GRC

Assists – 25

Offensive Rebounds – 11

Defensive Rebounds – 25

Steals – 12

Turnovers – 9

Blocked Shots – 4

Nicholas County

Assists – 12

Offensive Rebounds – 1

Defensive Rebounds – 11

Steals – 3

Turnovers – 19

Blocked Shots – 0

Chase Taylor (#11) had 18 points (w/ 2 treys), 4 assists, 1 defensive rebound, and 2 steals.

Brennan Canada (#13) had 13 points (w/ 1 trey), 4 assists, 2 offensive rebounds, 4 defensive rebounds, and 2 blocked shots.

Ryan Cooper (#21) had 12 points (w/ 2 treys), 4 assists, 1 offensive rebound, 4 defensive rebounds, and 2 steals.

KJ Rucker (#4) had 7 points (w/ 1 trey), 4 assists, 1 offensive rebound, 1 defensive rebound, and 1 steal.

Jehdon Jenkins (#20) had 4 points, 1 assist, 1 offensive rebound, 1 defensive rebound, and 2 steals.

JJ Johnson (#31) had 4 points, 1 assist, 3 offensive rebounds, 2 defensive rebounds, and 1 steal.

Jared Wellman (#15) had 3 points (w/ 1 trey), 1 assist, 4 defensive rebounds, and 1 steal.

Ezekiel Dijiba (#23) had 2 points, 1 offensive rebound, and 1 defensive rebound.

Looks like a balanced stat sheet :idunno:

Several players got in the game that’s good. I’m not sure what you want me to say? A far superior team absolutely loaded with talent beat a team of homegrown kids:idunno:

Looks like a balanced stat sheet :idunno:

Several players got in the game that’s good. I’m not sure what you want me to say? A far superior team absolutely loaded with talent beat a team of homegrown kids:idunno:

You posted that you would like to see the stats from this game. I posted them as you requested. I just asked what you thought.

Breakdown of the stats:

25 assists...that is awesome. Nicholas Co had 12 assists. GRC is a very unselfish team. Starters Cooper, Taylor, Canada and Graham all had 4 assists each. I want to keep up with the assists as I believe GRC will rank high in assists per game this season.

GRC out rebounded them 36-12. Steals GRC 12 NC 3.

Another big stat turnovers GRC 9 NC 19. The trapping press really bothered them when we applied it.

I didn’t take a dig I just said a very balanced stat sheet. Which it was. I’m glad they went deep on the bench. Takes the risk of injury to a main player out of the equation.

Points are what matter to me. That and rebounds. Could care less about assists. I know you love to talk about assists and to each their own. I was interested to see if the scoring was balanced and it was. But then I look at thre opposition and it wasnt a shocker to see the outcome . And that’s not a dig on NC. They were just outmatched in this one. I’m willing to say your coveted assist numbers will go down against stronger opponents. With all the talent that was there last year and the “new talent” that showed up in Winchester this year their will be kids wanting to get theirs and not concerned about distributing the ball.

Similar to a good AAU team. They only have a 3-4 very talented players so not to take away from them shining. They fill the rest with up and coming talent. Everyone stays happy for the most part that way.

I know your gonna tell me I’m wrong and that’s ok. I look forward to seeing them play this season. I’m curious to see them in action. As dumb as this sounds you can have too much talent.

But what do I know I’ve only been watching basketball for 20 years. :idunno:

I didn’t take a dig I just said a very balanced stat sheet. Which it was. I’m glad they went deep on the bench. Takes the risk of injury to a main player out of the equation.

Points are what matter to me. That and rebounds. Could care less about assists. I know you love to talk about assists and to each their own. I was interested to see if the scoring was balanced and it was. But then I look at thre opposition and it wasnt a shocker to see the outcome . And that’s not a dig on NC. They were just outmatched in this one. I’m willing to say your coveted assist numbers will go down against stronger opponents. With all the talent that was there last year and the “new talent” that showed up in Winchester this year their will be kids wanting to get theirs and not concerned about distributing the ball.

Similar to a good AAU team. They only have a 3-4 very talented players so not to take away from them shining. They fill the rest with up and coming talent. Everyone stays happy for the most part that way.

I know your gonna tell me I’m wrong and that’s ok. I look forward to seeing them play this season. I’m curious to see them in action. As dumb as this sounds you can have too much talent.

But what do I know I’ve only been watching basketball for 20 years. :idunno:

:lol2: You are a young pup. I have been attending the boys state tourney for over 50 years. You weren't even born when you had to raise your hand after you made a foul. I am sure there are some other older posters on here that do remember those days.

:lol2: You are a young pup. I have been attending the boys state tourney for over 50 years. You weren't even born when you had to raise your hand after you made a foul. I am sure there are some other older posters on here that do remember those days.

Ok. They use to have peach baskets for goals too. What’s your point? Because you have been attending games for half a century makes you the basketball authority? Game has changed leaps and bounds in 50 years. Hell back then dunking was a technical. I may be younger than you but that doesn’t make me a basketball novice. :rolleyes:

GRC

Assists – 25

Offensive Rebounds – 11

Defensive Rebounds – 25

Steals – 12

Turnovers – 9

Blocked Shots – 4

Nicholas County

Assists – 12

Offensive Rebounds – 1

Defensive Rebounds – 11

Steals – 3

Turnovers – 19

Blocked Shots – 0

I wish every high school team could post their team's stats like those immediately after every game, maybe have their own specific website or something. Every school keeps stats similiar to those(I think) during the game(I used to do it), just wish the statistician could send them immediately somewhere right after the game. I'm as interested in assists and rebounds as much as points. Unfortunately most schools have awful or non existent websites of their own to do this

I wish every high school team could post their team's stats like those immediately after every game, maybe have their own specific website or something. Every school keeps stats similiar to those(I think) during the game(I used to do it), just wish the statistician could send them immediately somewhere right after the game. I'm as interested in assists and rebounds as much as points. Unfortunately most schools have awful or non existent websites of their own to do this

I agree 100% on the stats. I also posted how blessed we are to have someone to post our complete stats. Like you I wish other school would do it. A complete game is not just points. I did post the web site where you can find GRC Stats after every game. Sometimes they don't get up till the next day.

Hard to tell anything from this one. Nicholas County ( no disrespect), isn't on the level to compete with GRC's JV, much less their Varsity. Will get a good scope of where this team stands on Saturday afternoon against Scott.

Agree with you and hope to give updates of the game on Saturday.