Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

footballfan18

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by footballfan18

  1. Resigned as Pendleton County's Head coach few months back. Played with Eviston at NCC. Nice guy from what I hear, better coach from what i know. The well was all dry down in Pendleton.
  2. The information I have been told over the past couple of months is as follows: (may or may not be accurate, just what I've heard) Tyler Conrad- OL Terry Brown- Linebackers/DC Andy Zerhuesen(sp?) - OL Ashley Moser- RBs Norwood Defensive backs coach- DBs (name?) Ted Edgington- Head Coach Frosh/ Varsity Defensive Assistant Freshman staff looks to remain same as two years ago when Edgington was head man. Once again, this is not to be written in stone, but I'm almost 100% sure this is what The Blue Colonels are working with right now.
  3. Ted Is on board. No surprise there.
  4. I believe you hit the nail on the head, he'll be a coach next year regardless of who comes in. Introducing new head coach tomorrow I am led to believe.
  5. He will be a walk on at Louisville next fall.
  6. Drew Nichols is currently a teacher at the school and I believe teaches math and world geography classes. I have heard nothing but great stuff about him. The kids love him and want him to stay. He was a linebacker coach along with Coach Ray this year, but was also calling the shots as a Defensive Coordinator. Heck of a guy as well. I hope to seem stay as well. Also, coach Tyler Conrad, Also a teacher at the school has been asked to stay by the school. He has been the OL coach for the past six years at CovCath. He has clearly done a great job with the kids and the kids have high regards for him too. Roedig, WR coach, was specifically asked to leave the program, apparently was not the greatest influence on the kids. Which is a shame, he was always a hard worker back when he played. Wish them all the best moving forward and to making the right decision.
  7. I have heard at least 20 have applied as of Friday, and more will be coming. And currently, not a single staff member will be returning according to what I have been told. This new Head Coach will have to start from scratch and come up with an entirely new coaching staff.
  8. After a few weeks off applications being sent in, reviewing, and interviewing- Covington Catholic decides it's in their best interest to hire YOU as their next head coach! What do you do? Do you bring in an entirely new offensive game play and scheme - mainly due to the fact that the last one they ran resulted in many delay of game penalties, and ultimately couldn't win them a big game. -OR- Do you run the same offense, with a few tweaks. This way the team and kids are familiar with the system and know what is as expected of them. It's your team, it's your call. Interested to hear what people think about this. Because this will play a large effect on this years Blue Colonels.
  9. Talked to many of the boys, they are crushed about this change. I figured out that Wirth lost the senior group last year, apparently started doin their own thing and the poor leadership from the seniors trickled down the classes. It was evident last year player leadership was a minimum. Heard stories most of it came from 1 senior, 2 juniors, and a sophomore. I definitely think this move was made at the wrong time, now, because of no coaches, the offseason program has been stopped and to start up at a later TBD date. It hasn't sven been 24 hours and this is already hurting the players, and more than we know.
  10. The May the best man win lol. But my source is a little more high up and respected than a hunch. We'll see.
  11. He knows the kids, better than anyone I can think of. Coaching the CYF and coaching the kids in 7th and 8th grade. Ted has been shadowing that program for quite a few years now. He coached on staff for the 11-12 season was then moved to Freshamn HC. He would be able to keep some of Wirth's staff due to personal relationships he had made with him. Most important reason, the kids are familiar with him and from what i have seen, love him. 14-15-16-17 year old boys aren't the best and most responsive when it comes to change, if Ted was offered the job, which he would love the opportunity, he would hit the ground running. The program wouldn't miss a beat. Oh and did I mention he is a perfect 1 and 0 as a head coach against Highlands lol!
  12. Was on Varsity coaching staff 11-12 year. Then became Freshamn head coach. He is the perfect for this group of kids, might I remind you, he coached these kids in 7th and 8th grade, then again as Freshman, my source hasn't failed me yet with this mess, im sticking to it. Ted Edgington will be named CovCath Head Coach.
  13. Ted Edgington will be hired, not a doubt in my mind. I have been hearing his name for years now, only a matter of time.
  14. That's understandable, definitely think this kid has ways to go before he becomes a real special player if he is only getting 24 tackles from special teams and with even two starts. Just lower numbers than what I expected. Wish him the best
  15. Not as many as I would have expected, but I'm sure he will have a much better year this year.
  16. That's a nice thing they put on then. How did he crack the starting lineup for those last two games? Because of Injury or earning a spot? What he finish with stats wise? will definitely have to come see an SK game to check out him out and also Racke, who I haven't seen play since PeeWee
  17. Congrats to the young lad. How does one get invited to a bowl game like this? Really unfamiliar with the system
  18. I believe Coach Wirth was pushing hard for it to happen, but you know, Simon Kenton doesn't like to schedule any team that they have a chance of losing too lol!
  19. Just heard this morning that Cov Cath will possibly only have 4 home games to help complete the stadium renovations. This schedule says one thing, playing most of them away, wow!
  20. Definitely a nice schedule. Should prepare them nicely for the playoffs. How does the Blue Boys schedule compare to the rest of state? Toughest? One of the toughest? Not even close to top?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.