Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 2015 Schedule (Unofficial)

Featured Replies

Cov Cath's unofficial 2015 schedule after their petitioned move up to 5A is alleged to include the following: Dixie Heights, Highlands, Grant County, Lex Cath, Ryle, St. Xavier (OH), Sycamore (OH), DeSales (OH), Beechwood, and Scott County. Is this a solid schedule, or is it possibly just appropriately matched for a 5A team? Is this possibly biting off more than they can chew? How does it compare to other teams in 5A? I'd like to hear folks' thoughts.

 

Dixie Heights (5A)

District Game

Win/Loss Record: 34-7

2014 6A runner-up. Lost to Louisville Trinity in the state finals. The red Colonels haven't beaten the blue Colonels since 2007, including a 41-7 loss to Cov Cath in week one of the 2014 season.

 

Highlands (5A)

District Game

Win/Loss Record: 17-46

Their 2014 4A championship season marked the 8th year straight that Highlands has made an appearance in the state finals. They brought home the championship trophy in 7 of their 8 trips. The Bluebirds have beaten the Colonels the last 13 times the two teams have seen each other on the football field.

 

Grant County (5A)

District Game

Win/Loss Record: 7-0

Grant County's football program has obviously struggled over the years, and contemplated removing themselves from KHSAA football participation under the 2015 realignment. The Braves went 1-8-1 in the 2014 season.

 

Lexington Catholic (3A)

Out Of District

Win/Loss Record: 4-4

Lex Cath and Cov Cath have competed in the same division for the last three seasons. In 2015 Lex Cath is going to be dropping to the 3A division, where they should see good success. Lex Cath lost by 21 points to Highlands in the 4A state semis in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, and have won two state championships in the last decade: 2005 (3A), and 2007 (4A). The Knights and the Colonels haven't seen each other on the field since 2010, when the Colonels won by a score of 54-21 in week two.

 

Ryle (6A)

Out Of District

Win/Loss Record: 7-5

Ryle picked things up somewhat in 2014 after their dismal 2-9 2013 season by going 5-7, including a 21-14 victory over an injury-plagued Colonel team in week 8.

 

St. Xavier (OH D-I)

Out Of District

Win/Loss Record: 1-3

Cincy St. X went 10-3 in the 2014 season, with wins over Elder, LaSalle, Colerain, and Indy Cathedral. Two of their three losses came at the hands of Moeller, who finished at #3 in Ohio's division I, and the other loss was suffered at the hands of Brentwood Academy (TN), who finished their season at 8-3 with a loss in Tennessee division II-AA quarterfinals.

 

Sycamore (OH D-I)

Out Of District

Win/Loss Record: Never Played

Sycamore finished the 2014 with an overall record of 6-4, falling short of the Ohio division I playoffs. Notable games in 2014 include a 34-14 victory over Ryle, and a 55-28 loss to Colerain, who finished the season ranked #17 in Ohio D-I. Sycamore finished at #71 in Ohio D-I.

 

St. Francis DeSales (OH D-III)

Out Of District

Win/Loss Record: 0-4

St. Francis DeSales has been slightly down in the past two or three seasons, finishing 2014 with a 10-3 record and a #52 ranking in Ohio D-III. Their season ended in the state quarterfinals at the hands of Athens, the eventual D-III runner-up.

 

Beechwood (1A)

Out Of District

Win/Loss Record: 19-15

Regardless of size, Beechwood is one of Cov Cath's biggest rivalry games. Cov Cath has had Beechwood's number in recent years, but the Tigers managed to upset the Colonels at home in week 6 of 2014. Beechwood finished the season with their annual loss to Mayfield in the state semifinals - albeit a hardfought 24-35 loss. They posted an 11-2 record on the season.

 

Scott County (6A)

Out Of District

Win/Loss Record: Never Played

Scott County and Cov Cath have never seen each other on the gridiron. Scott County finished the 2014 season with a 10-2 record, losing to a very tough Meade County team in the second round of the playoffs. Scott County and Cov Cath had two mutual opponents last season in Ryle and Boone County. Scott County defeated Ryle 46-14, whereas Cov Cath lost to Ryle 21-14. Scott County defeated Boone County 53-21, whereas Cov Cath beat Boone County 39-6.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a TOUGH schedule. I only see one sure win (Grant County). They may be hard pressed to be better than .500 next season. I am going by the "names" of the teams as I don't know what these teams have coming back...

Very ambitious schedule.

That is a TOUGH schedule. I only see one sure win (Grant County). They may be hard pressed to be better than .500 next season. I am going by the "names" of the teams as I don't know what these teams have coming back...

As an NKY football fan I love to see area teams playing top competition, but to a point.

 

Is CCH ready for such a schedule? I can only think back about 8 years ago when CCH had a couple of years where they played a very tough schedule, ever week a tough team, and finished under .500.

I think this is a good schedule for them. I don't believe it's too much to hurt the team. It should prepare them well for Highlands and the postseason.

  • Author
Tough schedule. You will surely be battle tested come playoffs.

 

Any general will tell you, though, although the toughest of battles offer the greatest of victories, they also offer the hardest suffered defeats and the greatest risk for casualties.

Of course I love it! Good for them!!! Nice schedule.

Of course I love it! Good for them!!! Nice schedule.

It is outstanding. I wish Trinity could have this schedule in 2015. The new district alignment has the AD hamstrung. The KHSAA commish did Trinity no favors.

Just heard this morning that Cov Cath will possibly only have 4 home games to help complete the stadium renovations. This schedule says one thing, playing most of them away, wow!

Serious comment...I was told by people from both sides that Covcath was playing Simon Kenton this year. What happened to that game?

Serious comment...I was told by people from both sides that Covcath was playing Simon Kenton this year. What happened to that game?

 

I believe Coach Wirth was pushing hard for it to happen, but you know, Simon Kenton doesn't like to schedule any team that they have a chance of losing too lol!

Nice job CWB. Maybe all teams can have one of their own do write ups like this for next years schedule.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.