Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Update on Cov Cath - Lights/Stadium/Schedule??

Featured Replies

I've been hearing a chirp here or there about the situation in Park Hills. Anyone have any details on when they plan to break ground and how long they thinking it is going to be before they put the lights up in PH? Anything helps. The new stadium will be nice considering the Colonels have a FEW nice games next year, from what I hear lol !

No idea but I know the boys are hitting it hard in the weight room and are favored to take home the 5A title next year.;)

  • Author
No idea but I know the boys are hitting it hard in the weight room and are favored to take home the 5A title next year.;)

 

According to some, only two kids are actually in the weight room putting in the extra work and they have already been handed the reigns of the team! Get your facts straight lol

To keep it on topic, CCH is in the middle of a capital campaign that the main priority (after additions to the academic building, of course) is the football lights (hopefully be next season) and entire stadium renovation after that.

 

The campaign also includes tennis courts and a new gym (for practice purposes and more space - to be used for fundraisers and rec gym to accommodate frosh + Jv/Varsity at same time if necessary) and probably some more things that I don't know off top of my head. But what I said is absolutely true: Academic buildings will be done before anything else.

  • Author
To keep it on topic, CCH is in the middle of a capital campaign that the main priority (after additions to the academic building, of course) is the football lights (hopefully be next season) and entire stadium renovation after that.

 

The campaign also includes tennis courts and a new gym (for practice purposes and more space - to be used for fundraisers and rec gym to accommodate frosh + Jv/Varsity at same time if necessary) and probably some more things that I don't know off top of my head. But what I said is absolutely true: Academic buildings will be done before anything else.

 

Thank you, very helpful and valuable information

To keep it on topic, CCH is in the middle of a capital campaign that the main priority (after additions to the academic building, of course) is the football lights (hopefully be next season) and entire stadium renovation after that.

 

The campaign also includes tennis courts and a new gym (for practice purposes and more space - to be used for fundraisers and rec gym to accommodate frosh + Jv/Varsity at same time if necessary) and probably some more things that I don't know off top of my head. But what I said is absolutely true: Academic buildings will be done before anything else.

 

Soccer and lacrosse lights as well.......

Just to clarify.....

Tennis Courts are currently under construction & will be ready in the spring of 2015.

Academic building is next priority- Will house new Science Technology Engineering Math (S.T.E.M) Program & fine arts.

Football stadium renovation with lights will be done next as monies allow.

NOTE: lights will not come without facility upgrades due to safety & access issues.

Gym renovation & field house will be down the road.

According to some, only two kids are actually in the weight room putting in the extra work and they have already been handed the reigns of the team! Get your facts straight lol

 

According to one........

 

Get your facts staright lol

According to some, only two kids are actually in the weight room putting in the extra work and they have already been handed the reigns of the team! Get your facts straight lol

 

 

They all need to be in there. Especially that Shelton kid, maybe he'd better if he'd hit the weights a little harder.

For what it's worth, none of this info on the lights, campus improvements, and capital campaign is particularly new news. It's all been mentioned in the long-standing thread on this topic in the Premium Members forum (if anyone cares to drop a Jefferson on the yearly membership fee).

They all need to be in there. Especially that Shelton kid, maybe he'd better if he'd hit the weights a little harder.

 

I'm a little slow, so- this is sarcasm right?

I've been hearing a chirp here or there about the situation in Park Hills. Anyone have any details on when they plan to break ground and how long they thinking it is going to be before they put the lights up in PH? Anything helps. The new stadium will be nice considering the Colonels have a FEW nice games next year, from what I hear lol !

 

Not confirmed at all, but I heard some possible schools on the schedule may include: Cinti St X, Sycamore, Columbus DeSales and Scott Co- along with the usual suspects. If true- wow. Great schedule.

I'm a little slow, so- this is sarcasm right?

 

A long time friend of the family asked me to take a shot. It's all in good fun.

Not confirmed at all, but I heard some possible schools on the schedule may include: Cinti St X, Sycamore, Columbus DeSales and Scott Co- along with the usual suspects. If true- wow. Great schedule.

 

Surely you only mean one or two of those four teams, correct?

 

Cov Cath's matchups in District 5 next year will be Dixie, Grant County, and Highlands. Since Dixie has already on their schedule for the past several years, that means they're going to have one vacant slot to fill since they lose the Holmes and Harrison district games and only pick up Grant as a new game (I'm assuming we won't see Holmes or Harrison in 2015).

 

Apart from the games I already mentioned, in 2014 they had Boone, Moeller, Henderson County, Beechwood, Ryle, and Conner. I believe all of those, with the exception of maybe Beechwood, were the second year of 2-year initial agreements. I could see Henderson and Moeller possibly going away...adding those to 'vacancies' to the spot I mentioned above, Cov Cath will probably have three games to schedule.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.