Everything posted by GrantNKY
-
Frankfort 42 Grant County 6
Dalzells success at the Middle School level especially from the HS graduating classes around 10-13 was undeniable, but the talent level on those teams were beyond what Grant County normally produces. There were some athletes on those teams something that Grant County doesn't have playing football. But the level of competition stepped up when they got to HS and didn't have the depth needed in order to compete. Like you said people started to leave the program for reasons that I don't necessarily agree with. Dalzell has to get the best athletes in the county playing football at a young age. The best athletes in the district play basketball and baseball it's always been that way. Grant County has had a ton of arm talent on the baseball field and some fantastic athletes on the basketball court in just the past 8 years alone and as far as I know none of them ever played football at any level. That's a problem for the football coach.
-
Frankfort 42 Grant County 6
It's a basketball school and community for sure. But I think if they can ever find success the support will come. It just makes it harder to have success without the initial support. It certainly is an uphill climb but it takes someone like Dalzell who will be there for the long term in order to right the ship.
-
Frankfort 42 Grant County 6
I think they have the perfect guy at the helm. Do you know what they are doing in order to build that foundation? They need to develop talent at the lower levels. Something Grant Co has always lacked. The biggest task ahead of Dalzell is getting the school and the community to buy into the program. No coach at GC has ever been afforded this luxury. Kids need to grow up wanting to play football for Grant Co.
-
Frankfort 42 Grant County 6
What's going on with Grant County this year? I know they are now independent and ineligible for post season play. Lack of skill players is probably the biggest issue per usual, but I didn't expect two eggs in a row.
-
Knuckleballers?
When I was in HS one of our starting pitchers threw one but not as his primary pitch. It was probably 40% Fastball 30% Knuckles 30% Curves. I was a catcher and it was not fun to catch him. I would often hesitate to call it with a runner on third.
-
Torn Labrum
I tore my labrum in HS playing baseball and Kremchek did my surgery. I would assume if Kremchek gave you that advice I would listen to him, he's one of the best in the world for shoulder injuries if not the best. Trust me you don't want the surgery if you don't have to. The rehab sucks. Best of luck and if you listen to Kremchek's advice and go to a good PT your daughter should be just fine.
-
Simon Kenton 10 Grant County 0 (5 innings)
Congrats to Martin on a No-No! Thats big time.
-
Simon Kenton 10 Grant County 0 (5 innings)
:ohbrother:
-
Baseball signs/signals
I caught my entire career and have done both. I think it all depends on the pitcher/catcher relationship. Calling pitches is more about trust than it is the actual pitch you call.
-
Hoops Capitol of the World
For pro basketball MSG. For college basketball MSG. For all indoor sports MSG.
-
Baseball signs/signals
It makes a lot of sense to do it this way if you're worried about a team stealing signs. You can have a 8x8 play sheet so 64 possible options. You can have 7-8 bunt, squeeze, steal, hit and run, etc. signs and the rest are dummy signs. You can steal 8 times or more in a game and never give the same sign twice. Then the next game you can have a completely new play sheet. We used it in HS and I loved it.
-
Best Fields in KY
My 2 favorites fields to play at when I played were Shelby County and Harrison County. Maybe I missed it somewhere but I'm surprised to not see Shelby mentioned yet.
-
2017 Ohio-Kentucky All-Star Game Rosters
First thing I noticed too. My guess is Baseball.
-
Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s
Do the coaches really not like the bye week? I hadnt heard that before.
-
Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s
I understand that as well. But those of that do are just saying this is what we would like to see happen. Can you give me a con though to getting rid of the first round of playoffs in football and starting the basketball season a week earlier?
-
Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s
I understand that. We are just making suggestions so if we could have it our way we'd rearrange the season and start it earlier. That's all. We aren't saying this is what's going to happen, we are saying this is what we want to happen.
-
Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s
Why will it not be moved up a week?
-
Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s
Moving the basketball season up a week could help attendance at the Sweet 16 too as you're competing with conference tournaments instead of NCAA Tournament.
-
Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s
If it's moved up a week it will be. It's the perfect situation IMO. Who likes that first round of football playoffs anyway? Cut that, move the basketball season up a week, it's the same length season. This also helps those kids who play basketball and baseball too. It's a perfect scenario IMO.
-
Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s
I would totally be ok with turning the boys and girls tournaments into one and making it a week and a half long event. I hate the fact that they have to play on back to back days to end the Sweet 16.
-
Julian Tackett discusses future of Sweet 16s
I think PP92 said it best. Get rid of that pointless first round of football playoffs and problem solved.
-
Stay at NKU or return to WKU?
I'm with @B-Ball-fan, Frankfort would be the ideal place to hold it. Neither WKU or NKU are central enough to host IMO. Maybe Memorial Coliseum but I like Dibble and BB&T better than Memorial.
-
2017 Sweet 16 PREMIUM MEMBERS Basketball Contest - Cash Prize
1- Scott County 1- Bowling Green 1- Scott 1- Perry Co. Central 1- Elliott Co. 1- Cooper 1- Ballard 1- Fern Creek 2- Scott County 2- Perry Co. Central 2- Cooper 2- Fern Creek 3- Scott County 3- Fern Creek 5- Scott County TB: 140
-
2017/2018 8th Region
I believe the program sends him to a different school every year. Since he is technically a foreign exchange student, I'm not sure what kind of say he has in this. He played at a school in Indiana last year. He does have family ties to Grant County so hopefully they figure out some way to get him to stay for his senior year.
-
2017/2018 8th Region
To me WV is probably the favorite.