Everything posted by AficionadoDeSports
-
Pendleton County @ Campbell County 2/10 Predictions
Should be a good match-up Friday night. I think PC is the better team, but they are not playing well at all the last few weeks. I am surprised by how badly the Wildcats have played the last few weeks. It seems as if Coach Simms who usually has his teams peaking at this point in the season is going in the wrong direction.
-
Grant County 71 Pendleton County 63 OT
PC has not played well in a few weeks and that does not bode well for the post-season and their match-up against Harrison County. They have all kinds of talent, but they have certainly under-achieved this season and perhaps were a bit overrated when the season began. Nonetheless they should have won more games then they have this season. PC has all the tools to make a run in post-season, but I have said this all season, they are not a very good offensive team. Their offensive game plan leaves a great deal to be desired. So much they could do with the weapons they have, but they insist on quick-hitters and the pick-n-roll game w/Monroe.
-
38th District Draw
Not seeding is crazy, but like mentioned in an earlier post, Nicholas County and Deming would be silly to ever vote for seeding. Bottom line is this: HC or PC will be 38th District Champs and some other district winner will have an easy first round game when they face either Deming or Nicholas County. I was able to watch the PC/HC game in Cynthiana last Friday and the score doesn't show how close the game really was. HC is well coached and have a very good team, but so does PC so in the end it comes to to players executing the game plan and who does that the best will be 38th District Champs!!!
-
Pendleton County/ Harrison County Predictions
PC needs to find an offense in the worst way or they may not win another game this season. PC has 3 wins in their last 11 games and offensively are struggling badly! I never see them run an offense, so much talent and it is not utilized in the least!
-
Bishop Brossart / Pendleton County predictions
I like PC to win this one in Falmouth Friday night. This is a big game for both teams, but I like that PC is at home and I feel they will get the W. Can Brossart handle the pressure that PC will put on them and can PC handle the bigs from BB? Those will be the two biggest questions that need to be answered to see who wins this game. This is the #3 and #4 ranked teams in the region, should be a good ole fashion barn burner.
-
Pendleton County 61 Woodford County 59
Not sure who the experts are, but that is what BGP is all about: sharing opinions about the sports we all love. Last night was a great win for PC, whether it was a let down or not for Woodford who really cares b/c at the end of the night the team wit the most points is the deserving team. Sound simplistic and easy, but its the truth. That's what is so great about sports, everyone has a chance at some point or another and they have the chance to seize the opportunity. PC did that last night as Woodford had ample opportunities to win that game.
-
Montgomery County/George Rogers Clark Predictions
I think GRC is the better team and will win this game!!!
-
Pendleton County 61 Woodford County 59
Was able to catch this game tonight and it was a nice win for PC over a very good Woodford team. I have seen PC play a few times this season and I still question their offensive scheme and I think it will hurt them as the season goes on unless they change some things up. I am surprised by the number of easy shots they miss in the lane and they need to go to the rim harder then they do. They have a great amount of talent on that PC team, but not sure that the coaching staff uses the talent they have they way they should. I think this team needs to get up and down the floor more then they do, but I guess the staff likes what they are doing. Should be a good one Friday night against Brossart! Hope I can get off work and catch it, love 10th region HS basketball!
-
Deming/Nicholas County Predictions
Should be a good basketball game in all honesty. I will be pulling for the Devils in this one, however I think Coach Rinehardt (might not be correct spelling of last name) is doing a fine job at Nicholas County and they will reap the benefits very soon.
-
2011-12 Bluegrass Regional Contest (Week #5)
7-Mad. Southern 5-Henry Clay 3-Woodford County 2 Lexington Christian 1-Pulaski County TB-Lexington Christian
-
Simon Kenton 74 Scott 54
Could not agree more with what you said. I have been shocked when I have seen them play this season. I think they are going in the wrong direction to be honest!
-
Which high school gym in Kentucky has the most "PERSONALITY".
I love the gym in good ole Augusta, it is such a unique place and they made some major upgrades the last couple of years: painting the gym, redoing the floor, changing the concession stand. It is just a very cool place to watch a HS basketball game. Henry County does have a great gym, it is huge, but has that old school feel to it. They host a great Holiday tourney every year and the regional there is hard to beat for basketball action. Obviously The Fieldhouse in Maysville is an awesome gymnasium and a great place to host the region. I am not a fan of the regionals being held any where else except Mason County, but that it the 10th region to me, regional at The Fieldhouse.
-
Madison Central
I think they can stay w/the Rocks for most of the game, but in the end that will be their first loss of the season and it will be in the 9-14 pt range. I think they beat Montgomery since it is at home. Montgomery I feel is a bit over-rated, but that is just my opionion. They are a good team, not a great team?
-
Pendleton County Guard Bryan Woods to return
Brian Woods seems to be a great kid and this is wonderful news for him and I think he will help the Wildcats. Now how much is the question? He can help with some defense, minutes off the bench, rebounding, and handling the ball, but when I watched PC I noticed they have very capable ball-handlers playing now...Antrobus and Appleman...but Monroe does the majority of that. Is that by design? It seems to me that it is, that staff loves the ball in his hands. Monroe is a very good player, but at this point in his Jr. season I would think that the staff at PC thought he would be having a better season. It will be interesting to see how teams play PC going forward, I feel teams are really going to go after Monroe hard and double-team him a great deal and make someone else beat them. I would love to see Monroe come off some screens w/out the ball and try to do something different instead of him always having the ball. PC has struggled on offense this season and very much so in the last 2 weeks. I am not a huge fan of their offense one bit and I do not think they utilize all of the tools that they have at their discretion to their fullest potential. Quick hitter offenses are nice, but they are not something you can use all of the time, especially when you are not a great rebounding team like PC. I would love to see them run an offensive set and actually turn the play over and get a shot one time. I don't think it will happen anytime soon as their staff love the quick-hitters and the pick and roll set w/Monroe. As for the basketball shape, I strongly believe there are different types of being in shape and if you don't think that then you honestly don't know much about sports. Basketball shape is much harder to achieve then football or baseball or volleyball or even soccer. I played HS basketball and football and there is a huge difference between the two as basketball is constantly moving and football has many different stops throughout the game. Basketball players are considered the best athletes in the world, that has to say something about them being in tremendous shape. If Mr. Woods has not been able to do any type of conditioning or any strength exercises for the back issue he had then it may be a few weeks before you see him contribute in a manner that can help the team. With all of that said, I wish Brian Woods nothing but the very best. I look forward to watching PC when I get the chance, they do play hard and have more talent on that team then most people realize.
-
2011-12 Eastern KY/Mountain Regional Pick'em Contest (Week #4)
7-Breathitt County 5-Pikeville 3-Magoffin County 2-Lewis County 1-Johnson Central Tie-Breaker: Breathitt County
-
George Rogers Clark 58 Pendleton County 35
Totally agree, this is a shock to me. I would not have been surprised had PC won, but I am surprised by this margin of victory for GRC. Though I tip my hat to the Cards!
-
The KHSAA Can Hand Out Fines?
Refs who want more then just a paycheck are the ones doing a great job. They care about the sports, about the players, and about what they are doing and how they are calling. There are many horrible officials in this state, but there are many that are wonderful and do a great job!
-
George Rogers Clark 58 Pendleton County 35
PC has a very nice team, but have struggled to score badly in the last two games and at other times during the season. They need some innovation on the offensive end.
-
George Rogers Clark 58 Pendleton County 35
Wow, PC lays another egg with an opportunity to send a massage about how good they are. I would hope that the coaches at PC would go back to the drawing board after two bad losses and possibly reconfigure the offense a bit. They need scoring in the worse way. They have a good team, but they are not scoring well at all.
-
George Rogers Clark / Pendleton County updates
PC needs to find some offense and I feel run a better more fluid offense. They cannot rely on and hope that Antrobus is hitting 3's. How bout running some type of motion offense with some movement and getting the shot for the open man instead of forcing 3's and hoping Monroe can beat his man for a jump shot.
-
Oldham County 65 Pendleton County 44
Oldham shoots the lights out from the 3 point line and outscore PC 22-2 in the 2nd quarter on their way to the 21 point victory.
-
Pendleton County/Oldham County predictions 12/22
Oldhams big guy could easily be the key to the game and how they utilize him! Can PC handle the trapping of Oldham will also be a big part of the game. I will not make a prediction because honestly I have not seen Oldham Cointy play enough, but I do agree that this will be a battle in Best of the Hoops championship. Oh well maybe I should, I will go with PC with the win!
-
Pendleton County 69 Louisville-Holy Cross 60
PC played really well at times, but was a bit sluggish toward the end of the 3rd quarter and into the 4th. I feel it was the affect of 3 games in 3 days. They can win this tournament, but it will be a battle. Love that the Moore kid and Appleman kid are scoring more, they need more balanced scoring. I feel both of those juniors can average double figures. Appleman is a tremendous, shut-down defender and a very smart player. If they can get more scoring from him it could bode well for their regional chances. Moore has very nice touch around the basket and is getting better and better. These two juniors could be the key to their season. I wish Antrobus would not rely so much on the 3, but he has a nice stroke. Only problem is when he is off he is off and does little else from what I have seen from him this season. Of course Monroe is their main cog and he has played pretty well all season in the games I have seen him play. This is a very nice team who is on a really nice run.
-
Best High School PA Announcers?
Not for sure what the gentleman's name is but the guy that does the games at Cooper HS is fabulous and he sings the National Anthem as well. He has a nice, booming voice and he shows emotion and is easy to understand. If anyone knows his name please let me know.
-
Pendleton County/ South Oldham Predictions
Should be a great basketball game, but PC will have to play much better then they did tonight in order to beat South Oldham. This will probably be an up and down the court, get after it type basketball game, and one the kids on both sides should truly enjoy playing in. I look forward to seeing how Monroe responds to the off night he had against DeSales and I don't see Antrobus hitting 9 more three's tomorrow night so who else can and will step up for the Wildcats? That to me is the real question on who wins this match-up. Steve Simpson's teams play very smart and shoot the lights out, but I think PC plays good enough defense to stop them. Might be the best match-up of the tournament.