Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which high school gym in Kentucky has the most "PERSONALITY".

Featured Replies

Was at Holy Cross (Covington) last night and although the floor presented problems the gym itself has a lot of personality. Special pay extra seating behind the benches, the press sky box and a whole lot of history. Not sure it is my favorite but thought I would see whose gym stands out amongst the hundreds across the state?

  • Replies 161
  • Views 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well CovCath named top 25 places in the country to watch a basketball game by USA Today, so I'd say they are way up there.

Well CovCath named top 25 places in the country to watch a basketball game by USA Today, so I'd say they are way up there.

 

Why???

  • Author
Well CovCath named top 25 places in the country to watch a basketball game by USA Today, so I'd say they are way up there.

 

I say that is because of the students not the gym.

  • Author
Augusta

 

GYM[1].jpg

 

 

This one?

Hands down for me; Henry County. The bleachers, rafters, scoreboard, darkness, concession stands, deputys and constables, floor, size/capacity and the sound booth that you can see a little bit of in the jump ball picture. Just still feels like old time basketball even after the rennovations.

 

DSC_8524

 

DSC_8667

 

DSC_8641

 

DSC_8559

  • Author

I hear ys D series but you have to admit the Fieldhouse in Mason County is right up there too.

I hear ys D series but you have to admit the Fieldhouse in Mason County is right up there too.

 

For a regional tournament game, I completely agree.

Henry County's gym is oozing with history. I remember the first time I traveled there when we made the regional, it was like going back in time.

In the 12th Region, I always enjoyed trips to Somerset and Monticello for their old-timey feel. Bardstown has that as well with their set-up, but I hate the poor lighting and yellowish tint everything has to it. Marion County's "RobyDome" is neat as well, but their lighting is also awful.

  • Author
In the 12th Region, I always enjoyed trips to Somerset and Monticello for their old-timey feel. Bardstown has that as well with their set-up, but I hate the poor lighting and yellowish tint everything has to it. Marion County's "RobyDome" is neat as well, but their lighting is also awful.

 

Well done, spoken like a true photographer.

I'm a big fan of Holy Cross' gym. Old-time feel with people seemingly right on top of the court. 90% of the people are all on one side.

 

Seeing Henry County's gym is on the list.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.