Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jupus

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jupus

  1. How did they already have the championship game? I thought you weren't allowed to play on Sundays? Congrats to the Pioneers! They are having a great season!!!
  2. Scott and Beechwood did not play due to rain and lightening. They are scheduled for 4:30 today at Beechwood. Winner plays Holy Cross at 7:30 and Meiken field. (Weather pending of course!)
  3. If the weather doesn't let up, there won't be a tournamnet. :no:
  4. I agree. Dance with the one that brought you!
  5. Miller, you are way off on this one. Norton might be a bit cocky and arrogant, but the man knows his baseball. As far as treating his kids like garbage, I've not seen this EVER and I'm pretty close to the program. If you want to learn how to play the game, he's the man. I do agreee that I've never seen Coach Trame act like he is above the players either. In fact, he maybe a bit too much on the other side at times by not holding them to specific standards. I think what we are seeing is what you would normally see with a whole new coaching staff at a program. Different ways of doing things that might rub some people (parents/players) the wrong way because it's different than what was done in the past. Give it another season and I think you will see things go much smoother. I hope I'm not wrong but I feel good about things at Scott.
  6. Come on Gmen....you can't leave us hanging like that!!
  7. It is my understanding that it is the schools decision. I've seen 8th graders play middle school if they were playing Freshmen because they usually don't play that many high school games. If they are playing varsity, I would think they wouldn't.
  8. If you haven't been to Scott High School in the last year, you should check it out. Norton has done an amazing job on the field. He is always working on it. Maybe not the best field (yet), but I'd put it up against any of the fields mentioned.
  9. That's funny! I don't care who you are, that's funny! :lol::lol:
  10. I don't necessarily disagree, but I've seen students try out that couldn't catch, throw or hit at all. It then becomes a safety thing in my opinion. This has been happening for a long time now. I'm not sure there are many (if any) schools in this area that don't have 8th graders or even 7th graders on their rosters.
  11. I've been by a few high school fields this past week and none of them looked like they are ready for play. With all the rain, (and snow) we have had, there is a ton of water on most fields. Any feedback on fields that are ready other than the Florence Freedom field (obviously)?
  12. The Scott Freshmen team looks to have a lot of pitchers, but they will be young. Looks good for the future, but will be a tough year this seaon.
  13. Most schools have had unofficial workouts for a while now. Now it becomes required. Not as much of an issue with Varsity and probably JV, but seeing the freshman for the first time most likely. Would think you would want to have as many practices within this first week as possible and make cuts sooner than later since most schools will start in 3 weeks from Monday! Want to have as much time working with the players that have made the team as possible. IMO
  14. It's go time!! How many schools are actually starting today? I know of a few that are starting Saturday, but nothing today. Seems like a wasted day for evaluating players.
  15. Tryouts officially start tomorrow! Now if we can get warmer weather all would be good!!
  16. Only 10 days until tryouts start!!!
  17. The Scott/NCC game will be played at Scott.
  18. That is correct - all games start on Thursday. The finals are at 7:00 on Saturday.
  19. Scott 4 - Simon Kenton 3 (8 innings) - last night at SK
  20. That's awesome, because Scott's JV team is not very strong this year. They have some good players, but from top to bottom not very strong. Plus the only have 11 players on their team. Nice win for the Eagles!
  21. That's it? Nothing else? He was a coach at SK for 17 years! If he did have baggage, why did they keep here there that long? And was this "baggage" different because he would be the head coach now? I not sure I buy it! I hope Troy has much success at SK, because I still have good feelings about the program, but don't expect this guy to be there to support an administration that treats good people this way!
  22. Just heard today that the job went to Troy Roberts of Scott!! Way to screw things up SK! Totally missed out on not having Norton as Head Coach. How they let a man who lived and breathed SK baseball go is beyond me!!?? Nothing against Troy, but this smells bad for SK. Something tells me they wanted to clean house and rid themselves of the Finn era! Nice to see that loyalty means something with them (NOT!)
  23. Last I heard, they haven't started official interviews yet (including Norton). Not sure what they hold up is, but I would expect some movement soon.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.