Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengal Maniac

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bengal Maniac

  1. Hendrix playing big tonight it sounds like.
  2. No easy answer but good programs win consistently. That builds the legacy I think many coaches desire. All the other stuff mentioned really is important. But as a coach I want to win consistently.
  3. Yep, it always gets to lousy coaching and the refs.
  4. There you go, that's pretty much what it takes.
  5. Well, I didn't remember all of that until now. Still think he sees it as move up.
  6. Hard to say. Never know about salary, benefits, stepping stone position. Certainly has been impressive for what he has done with the Lancers, but he might be one of those guys that likes another challenge. I don't know if he taught a full schedule at LaSalle either. He may want to just coach. I can see it.
  7. I am not sure, but I think there needs to be a minimum number of schools. Not sure of that number.
  8. Good defense, poor shooting, or one team taking the air out of the ball.
  9. How many games have you attended or seen to make this judgment?
  10. Whew, when you rarely shoot well as a team and play the Jags defense, these things are gonna happen.
  11. I'm afraid the Jags are at another level than the dawgs
  12. Not going to debate with you but I trust coaches who see the kids every day in practice, know things about them we all don't know as far as grades, school attitude, etc. Coaches put players on the floor who he/she thinks gives them the best chance to win. Fans sometimes don't like it when fans favor certain players for whatever reason. HC probably played 8-10 kids, I didn't count and quite frankly, it looked like the starters were the better players, but not significantly. Subbing didn't hurt them. As tough as it was to maintain the ball and shoot, no one stood out to me other than, I think his name was Williams, but I could not hear very well. He was a nice player in this game. He was strong and aggressive. Just an outside observer no biases at all with HC.
  13. Haven't seen HC at all, but it wasn't coaching causing those unforced turnovers. He played a lot of guys and nothing was really clicking. Maybe it was an off night for them, but they did not shoot well at all. They still could have won. They had the ball with 6.7 seconds to go down 1. About all you can ask for in a rivalry game. They didn't get a good look at a shot, but Holmes had two fouls to give and used to take the clock to 3.1 an date ball at half court. Still didn't get a good look, however, they had plenty of chances to win the game. Coaching was not a negative factor for HC at all.
  14. Have to admit I am surprised by this quite a bit. I know teams have guys missing this time of year and the Colonels are as deep as anyone. Are they missing Frederick that much? Not saying they win with him. I just need to know how does this effect their play. What does CCH have to differently to beat good solid teams like SL?
  15. Yes, it was a very sloppy game for both. Many were unforced early. I bet HC only took 2-3 shots in the first 6 minutes. They probably had 10-12 possessions. It was brutal. Holmes was the same beginning the 3rd.
  16. I pulled in the jr. high lot at 6:45 and there were 4 cars. I thought I had looked at the schedule wrong and got out the Scoreboard to double check to make sure it was at Holmes and not HC. Disappointing crowd to say the least.
  17. Really sloppy game by both. These two struggled to put it in the hole. The difference in this one was Holmes causing turnovers. Holy Cross stayed in the game by hitting the offensive boards. HC had three chance at the end, just didn't get a good look. Holmes defense was tough on the last shot. Both teams played hard. Holmes gets most of their offense in transition. They just won't shoot it. I thought they passed up a lot of good shots. Way too patient for me. Holy Cross has to protect the ball better. They didn't shoot it well tonight at all. Holmes will struggle without Hollis. May be a while for him to return. Big doghouse he is in.
  18. Time out. Dogs Up by one 3.1 seconds to go

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.