Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 65 Holmes 35 (BB&T Arena)

Featured Replies

Jags made it look easy in the 2nd half.

 

Kunkel & Runyon with 16 each.

  • Author

Scholar-Athlete Award

 

Holmes - Mike Englemon

Cooper - Brayton Runyon

 

Game MVP

 

Holmes - Jaiden Greene

Cooper - Brayton Runyon

Time for new leadership or are the kids that bad?

 

I will say Cooper is good, and the talent level at Holmes currently is not close to what it was. Holmes had a nice 7 or so years run there where the talent level was consistently top 2 in the region and had even a few D1 type players on the roster during those years. Currently the talent level is no where close to what it was.

Easy now these are kids were talking about.

I wasn't there but I think someone said Cooper started the game up 21-2 or some crazy score like that.

  • Author
I wasn't there but I think someone said Cooper started the game up 21-2 or some crazy score like that.

 

Correct.....but Holmes ended the quarter on a 7-0 run. They had the Jags lead down to 8, with the ball, but turned it over and the Jags went on a 5-0 run late in the 2nd quarter.

I will say it. Listerman has to go. He just isn't a good basketball coach. Holmes should never be as bad as they are right now.

I won't even try to say that Hollis would've made up the difference in this game, but he is indeed a phenomenal player that changes up dramatically the dynamics for the Bulldogs. He makes the rest of the team better when he's in there, and his competitive fire is contagious helping to make the Dawgs Go Go Go.

I will say it. Listerman has to go. He just isn't a good basketball coach. Holmes should never be as bad as they are right now.

 

Listerman obviously loves these kids and coaches his heart out, and deserves a ton of praise and respect for the dedication that he tirelessly puts forth in helping them believe in themselves and toughly play through adversity.

 

They faced a very good Cooper team and the outcome is no big surprise, but they most certainly can compete with every team in the 9th past the top 3.

 

If people could see how focused these kids are for the entirety of their games and how they fight hard to keep giving themselves a chance, the comparisons to past Bulldog teams should become a mute point because they play with every fiber of their being and have nothing to hang their heads about. They're still a very exiting team and will give most teams a game that they better not be caught sleeping in.

 

It means not a thing to me that they're not a top dog in the 9th this season because I know that no matter what they give it all they've got, and they're blessed to be led by a legendary coach who they can be assured deeply cares about them.

I will say it. Listerman has to go. He just isn't a good basketball coach. Holmes should never be as bad as they are right now.

 

Frustrating to see Holmes continue to lose but to say Mike isn't a good coach is ridiculous. I'm not going to get in to details but Mike is running that team and program as best as he can and is doing what the administration is asking him to do as far as developing these young men both on and off the court. Sometimes it's about more than just wins.

 

Next season they are a preseason top 3 team with all that they will return. People forget how young and inexperienced this team is. Raavai, Rico, and Jaiden have seen varsity time since their freshman season but none have ever been asked to take on the type of role they have this year.

 

And in case people haven't noticed...Cooper is pretty Damn good. There's a reason they're top 10 in the state.

I will say it. Listerman has to go. He just isn't a good basketball coach. Holmes should never be as bad as they are right now.

 

You can say it, but it does not make it true. I agree this team maybe should have a few more wins, but to say Coach L is a bad coach is just not true, he has fought through some on,off court issues and loves those young men, I am blessed to have got to know Mike and his family since he has been at Holmes, and at times it is more than wins and losses on the court.

Cooper is really good. But, without the 2 McNeils, I am shocked at a 30 point outcome, with or without Rico. I agree Rico makes them go, and competes at the highest level, but they still have a few nice players outside of him. A team led by Greene, Commodore, and Miller, alongside of Englemon and others shouldn't lose to a McNeil-less Cooper team by 30. Just an off night I assume. Also hard to play in the BBT... good experience for later in the year. The court is likely a bit larger than what Holmes is used to, in order to be able to do what they always do, press and pressure. I'm sure t was an adjustment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.