Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Country

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Country

  1. Nice comment Lex. I was saying some of the same things about LC when people were writing them off for those three early losses. I do think we will see a rematch in Nov. I am sure both teams will make changes and improvements these next few weeks. Should be another great game.
  2. I don't think it has been mentioned that Boyle had two starting linemen out. One being their best defensive lineman being suspended and the other good lineman injured. As for the play calling, I have always said that Boyle must be 2 TD's better than any good team they play because of the inept play calling by the OC. Another problem is having the QB come to the sidelines to get the next play. Robbins plays both ways and certainly doesn't need to add 20 yards running to the sidelines and back on every offensive play. If he does that only 30 times a game. do the math. He is a great athlete, but think the energy he could save if the OC gave hand signals like they do with the LC QB. Even the JV OC Seth Tamme is able to give signals to the freshman QB from the sidelines and it works great. Mason is very slow in getting the play called and to the QB that it puts a strain on the QB and the offense to start the play without a penalty. It happened once in the first half of the LC game, a delay penalty on a critical down and it was all on Mason. When you talk about penalties on the offense, you also realize that Mason is the offensive line coach as well. Whose responsibility is it to get this corrected?
  3. Boyle must play ball control and not get caught up in the passing game so much. The OC can't make some of the mistakes we have seen in the past and still hope to beat LC at home. Defense must keep the pressure on the QB and not give him time to stand there in the pocket until a receiver pops open. LC is better than people are giving them credit for.
  4. The John Hardin speed was the difference as they had some big plays. They also had good size for a JV team. Boyle was very efficient on offense with several long drives for TD's. As PP2 said both teams have much to look forward to in the future.
  5. The schedule says the game is against East Jessamine at Boyle at 6:30 ?
  6. Boyle shouldn't be number 1 in 4A right now and maybe not by the end of the year. I do know they can be much better on both sides of the ball than they have shown so far. Remember we are only 5 games into the season and we can see many things change from here on out with many teams in the state. Like Lex Cath. starting out 1-3 with the killer schedule they had to begin with. Most people don't realize how good Lafayette and Bryan Station are this year. You can also believe that Chuck Smith will find ways to improve Boyle and soon. I would never look forward to playing one of his teams come playoff time if I was an a opposing coach. Don't feel sorry for Boyle for the future because they have a ton of young talent coming on.
  7. I saw the game and was impressed that Boyle could hang with and defeat a big and quick FC team. It was a great JV game to watch for excitement especially if you were for Boyle. This is a young Boyle JV team and with a verygood 8th grade group coming on, the future sure looks bright for Boyle for the next few years.
  8. Larue Co. is way down this year so that win that Taylor had there doesn't tell you much. That being said we all know that TC will be an improved team with Dudley coaching them. They won't be improved enough to stay close to Boyle . I pick Boyle 49-0.
  9. Nice win for this very young Rebel JV bunch. Nice coaching job as well for this staff.
  10. I would also like someone to explain why 80 % of our plays are run out of a one back pro set. We have one outstanding running back in Stewart-Hoskins, and two other very good backs in Devins and Brown. Robbins is a threat any time he runs the ball to take it all the way. Our receivers are not the quality you need in a pro style offense. Why wouldn't we be in a two back set most of the time?
  11. If you want professional opinions about his ability to call plays, just talk to some of the assistant coaches that have left and gone on to other program, some as head coaches. They are amazed that he is still the OC. More than one made the comment that if their team can stay close until the last quarter that he will always choke when the game is on the line. He has been fortunate that he had good players to bail him out in some of those situations. What does the fact that you like him or you think he is a good guy have to do with his ability to call the correct play or have the players on the field to be able to produce the needed results. He does not have a good feel for the game, is a slow decision maker and shows no continuity or rhythm in his play calling.
  12. He may have 7 rings as an assistant coach, but not as OC. Chris Pardue was OC for the first 5. If you were at the game and didn't see what I was talking about, then maybe were seeing two different games. If I was the only fan that felt the same way, that would be different.
  13. The Boyle defense played a good game. The only score they gave up was with a little over a minute to go with reserves in the game. The offense was less than impressive other than Stewart-Hoskins. The offensive play calls were terrible as we have seen so many times with this same OC . Two early drives came away empty because of this same problem. You can have the best playbook going, but if you don't use your personnel that you have available for the situation at hand, with rhythm and timing then you end up with these situations that we have seen way too often. The OC is a very good offensive line coach and a good assistant coach, but his ability to call plays is very weak saying it kindly. This situation, if it continues will get Boyle beat against good teams that we will be facing down the road.
  14. I think Anderson is too tough for Mercer offensively. Anderson 41 - 21.
  15. I know he did take an interception back for a TD. Not sure of any other stats.
  16. The BCMS Eagles looked very good especially on defense. I am not sure what they were trying to do offensively, but they do have some talent on offense as well. Put this group with the freshman team at Boyle with Chuck Smith coaching and I think Rebel fans are going to be very happy for quite a while.
  17. Is that 9 out of 22 starters? I do know that some of the JV teams they played had 11th graders playing. This is OK because there is no hard or fast rules about who can play on the JV team.
  18. Boyle is improving each week. Remember even though Chuck Smith was at BC several years, he is still a new coach to these kids and even some of the staff. This all takes a little time to adjust to. Even some of the philosophy he had before may have changed some. His desire to win and creating tough hard nosed teams hasn't slowed one bit. Look for them to develop into a 4 A challenger by the end of the year and remember some of these kids are still young. GRC is coming off probably their crowning moment for the season by beating Montgomery. This can always work two ways for a team. It can give confidence and you play better or a team can bounce after a win over a big rival and go the other direction. I pick Boyle 42-7.
  19. I feel like the defense has improved quite a bit since the start of the season, while the offense has not performed up to it's potential at this point. I know there have been many penalties and dropped passes, but still the offense seems a little out of sync much of the time. I think this game will tell us if we have made progress with the offense since we have some very good talent in the backfield that should be clicking in game four without any doubt.
  20. Remember that Danville beat Anderson 28-21 in their pre-season scrimmage. Boyle dominated Danville even more than the score shows. Boyle's defense and offense will only get better. I pick Boyle in this one 28-14.
  21. You do realize that when you are starting that many freshmen, it takes longer to get your offensive line playing well together as compared to the defense. It looked as if the Anderson JV's probably had more of an experienced defensive group out there. I would say they had a large number of sophs starting both ways from they size of their players. Boyles defense really hung tough and if they had punted the ball when they went for it on 4th down on their own 40 with 2 minutes to go probably would have won the game. Instead Anderson took over with a short field and scored with 44 seconds left in the game. I t was a hard fought game that could have gone either way.
  22. Just wishful thinking. They have some really good 8th graders and 7th graders coming on as well.
  23. Also give his grandfather Jimmy Tyler a lot of credit for Hagen's attitude and development. His values are very evident in the kid and sometimes these people don't get the credit they deserve.
  24. I pick Boyle to win by 42-0. Their defense is too good for Lincoln and don't expect their offense to have another off night from now on out.
  25. I totally agree with everything that you said about the offense. I was just as impressed with the defense. Sergent and Paycheck really stand out as freshmen. I always hate to name players because we probably leave out many others that the coaches would give equal praise to. I also want to say that these coaches have done a great job having the team so organized this early and the way they handle the players on the sidelines. I know this is only one game, but I think Rebel fans have a lot to look forward to in the future. There are also some outstanding prospects in the 7th and 8th grades as well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.