Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 40 Mercer County 6 (JV)

Featured Replies

The Junior Varsity Rebels begin the season with a convincing win over the Junior Varsity Mercer County Titans.

 

Sam Tiller is the quarterback for the JV Rebels and he began his high school career with a bang. I haven't seen the stats but his improvement from 8th grade to 9th grade is astounding. He showed off an accurate arm as he consistently hit the receivers in their hands with his passes. I am thinking he had at least 2 passing TDs and ran one in as well but I am going off of memory so he may have more. I'm not sure how many yards he threw for but he had a great game passing the ball. Christian Reeves and Kaden Gervacio did the bulk of the ball carrying for the Rebels and I believe both had a touchdown. Will Bramel showed off some sure hands and had a touchdown. Derek Witmer and Hunter Mason also showed to be threats on offense as well.

 

It's a great start for a Rebel JV team that is comprised of mostly freshmen.

 

The future looks bright for the Rebels.

 

 

Tyus Short is the QB for the JV Titans and he too has shown improvement each year. Other offensive threats are Mason Reynolds, who left the game after suffering a leg inury, and Aaron Johnson. Reynolds never returned but I am hearing he should be fine.

 

Like Boyle County, Mercer County's JV team is made up of mostly freshmen as well.

Was this last night? I don't know much about Boyle's freshman but I keep hearing they are loaded. I need to come watch them sometime this season.

  • Author

Yes. It was at Boyle County. They looked really good.

I totally agree with everything that you said about the offense. I was just as impressed with the defense. Sergent and Paycheck really stand out as freshmen. I always hate to name players because we probably leave out many others that the coaches would give equal praise to. I also want to say that these coaches have done a great job having the team so organized this early and the way they handle the players on the sidelines. I know this is only one game, but I think Rebel fans have a lot to look forward to in the future. There are also some outstanding prospects in the 7th and 8th grades as well.

There was two non serious injuries for Boyle in this game. Sophomore Wade Acey left in the 2nd quarter with a strained shoulder. It was swelled up this morning and he did not participate in contact practice today. Also Mitchell Paycheck played through an injury to his wrist/hand. One of his hands is swollen and bruised. From about his middle finger to his palm is purple and black. That's all for injuries for that game.

Mercer's varsity will beat Boyle's varsity. Calling it now. They will avenge the jv.

Mercer's varsity will beat Boyle's varsity. Calling it now. They will avenge the jv.

 

Mercer, Madison Southern and Lexington Catholic are our 3 main targets this season to knock out. They wanted to send a message Monday night to Coach Pardue. The vengeance wont be coming from Mercer County when the game gets here. We have studied every aspect of November 15th, 2013. We know what to expect and know what is at stake. My apologies if that is over the top but that there is one game that Boyle will not mind running up the score.

  • Author
Again love seeing the JV post.

 

I will post every JV game that I attend or get info from. I love them too. :thumb:

How many freshmen or sophomore play varsity for Mercer?

Mercer, Madison Southern and Lexington Catholic are our 3 main targets this season to knock out. They wanted to send a message Monday night to Coach Pardue. The vengeance wont be coming from Mercer County when the game gets here. We have studied every aspect of November 15th, 2013. We know what to expect and know what is at stake. My apologies if that is over the top but that there is one game that Boyle will not mind running up the score.

 

Pffftt..........As ©entral (K) entucky (S) ports (F)an I love to see the area teams do well but no way Boyle runs the score up on Mercer. If both teams are healthy at the late stages of the season when they play Mercer wins this one. You can study all the film you want from the last game........Mercer will be a completely different team.

How many freshmen or sophomore play varsity for Mercer?

 

Quite a few sophomores play varsity and maybe 1 freshmen.

Pffftt..........As ©entral (K) entucky (S) ports (F)an I love to see the area teams do well but no way Boyle runs the score up on Mercer. If both teams are healthy at the late stages of the season when they play Mercer wins this one. You can study all the film you want from the last game........Mercer will be a completely different team.

 

And I believe Boyle will be as well. Good luck to all CKY teams this Fall.

Great job young Rebels. :clap: Looking forward to the varsity game!

Boyle wins healthy or not. Bullitt East would've been farther apart if we were healthy

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 10

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.