Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 28 George Rogers Clark 7

Featured Replies

Boyle Co improves to 5-0. GRC held BC to no points in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Another hard game for the Cards next week as they take on another ranked team in Scott Co.

 

Hoskins was awesome tonight.

Some stats from the game.

 

BC

15 1st downs

52 plays 292 total yards

35 rushes 183 yards 4 TDS

12-17 passing 109 yards

0/8 3 downs

2/2 4th downs

7 penalty's 41 yards

 

Hoskins 24 carriers 171 yards 3 TDS

 

GRC

11 1st downs

554 plays 228 yards

31 rushes 58 yards

17-24 passing 170 yards 1 TD 1INT.

4/12 3rd downs

1/2 4th downs

7 penalty's 45 yards

The Boyle defense played a good game. The only score they gave up was with a little over a minute to go with reserves in the game. The offense was less than impressive other than Stewart-Hoskins. The offensive play calls were terrible as we have seen so many times with this same OC . Two early drives came away empty because of this same problem. You can have the best playbook going, but if you don't use your personnel that you have available for the situation at hand, with rhythm and timing then you end up with these situations that we have seen way too often. The OC is a very good offensive line coach and a good assistant coach, but his ability to call plays is very weak saying it kindly. This situation, if it continues will get Boyle beat against good teams that we will be facing down the road.

  • Author

541cfa73d55ab.image.jpg?resize=760%2C544Prep Football: Boyle County pulls away late to beat Clark, 28-7

 

Hal Morris/[email protected] quarterback Luke Sharrock eludes Boyle County defender Caleb McCaskill during the Cardinals’ 28-7 loss to the Rebels Friday night in Danville.

 

 

DANVILLE — George Rogers Clark High School blew scoring chances early, and Boyle County pulled away late Friday night.

The Cardinals wasted a golden scoring opportunity on the first play of the second quarter, then watched Boyle County march down the field twice for scores from there en route to a 28-7 loss Friday at Rebels Stadium.

 

“We definitely left some points out on the field. We had the goal-line we could have scored on, and then we had the fake punt opportunity (in the third quarter) we could have scored on as well,” Cardinals coach Mike Riddle said. “And the field goal would have been three more points. So we left some points out there.”

 

 

Riddle was pleased to see his team battle from start to finish.

 

“I thought our defense played with a lot of guts, a lot of determination until the very end,” Riddle said. “And even offensively, we came back and got that score late. So nobody was quitting. So anytime you’re starting to change the culture like what we’re doing you want to see them continue to fight.”

 

Prep Football: Boyle County pulls away late to beat Clark, 28-7 - The Winchester Sun: GRC Sports

 

 

 

541cfa740f886.image.jpg?resize=300%2C266 Prep Football: Boyle County pulls away late to beat Clark, 28-7

 

Hal Morris/[email protected] running back Josiah Israel makes a gain during the Cardinals’ 28-7 loss to Boyle County Friday night. The loss dropped the Cardinals to 2-3 on the season going into Friday night’s game at Scott County.

The Boyle defense played a good game. The only score they gave up was with a little over a minute to go with reserves in the game. The offense was less than impressive other than Stewart-Hoskins. The offensive play calls were terrible as we have seen so many times with this same OC . Two early drives came away empty because of this same problem. You can have the best playbook going, but if you don't use your personnel that you have available for the situation at hand, with rhythm and timing then you end up with these situations that we have seen way too often. The OC is a very good offensive line coach and a good assistant coach, but his ability to call plays is very weak saying it kindly. This situation, if it continues will get Boyle beat against good teams that we will be facing down the road.
Hmm, Is that the same Offensive Coordinator that won 7 rings with the Rebels. Or are you talking about a different Boyle County Offensive Coordinator?
Hmm, Is that the same Offensive Coordinator that won 7 rings with the Rebels. Or are you talking about a different Boyle County Offensive Coordinator?

 

For some reason Coach Mason always has been and always will be the most criticized coach on the sideline. I don't get it myself. It looked to me like Boyle was working on their passing game and with Josiah going 13-17 passing it looks like improvement is coming along. I could be mistaken but that's the most passing attempts I think Josiah has had all season in a game. At some point this season we are going to need to be able to move the ball in the air and without working on it in game situations people can't expect the passing game to become better. Boyle doesn't have explosive athletes at the WR position this year. I'm thinking we'll see a lot of passing next week as well.

He may have 7 rings as an assistant coach, but not as OC. Chris Pardue was OC for the first 5. If you were at the game and didn't see what I was talking about, then maybe were seeing two different games. If I was the only fan that felt the same way, that would be different.

He may have 7 rings as an assistant coach, but not as OC. Chris Pardue was OC for the first 5. If you were at the game and didn't see what I was talking about, then maybe were seeing two different games. If I was the only fan that felt the same way, that would be different.

Oh ok, so you're a fan? That's great. A fan of what? Clearly you're not a fan of the Rebels if you complain about the play calling of a game that we won. Coach Mason is the longest tenured coach on the team. He knows what he is doing.

He may have 7 rings as an assistant coach, but not as OC. Chris Pardue was OC for the first 5. If you were at the game and didn't see what I was talking about, then maybe were seeing two different games. If I was the only fan that felt the same way, that would be different.

 

Fans have been complaining about Coach Mason for years but the fact of the matter is that the Boyle County offense has always performed up to its full potential every season. I don't see how that can be disputed.

The Boyle defense played a good game. The only score they gave up was with a little over a minute to go with reserves in the game. The offense was less than impressive other than Stewart-Hoskins. The offensive play calls were terrible as we have seen so many times with this same OC . Two early drives came away empty because of this same problem. You can have the best playbook going, but if you don't use your personnel that you have available for the situation at hand, with rhythm and timing then you end up with these situations that we have seen way too often. The OC is a very good offensive line coach and a good assistant coach, but his ability to call plays is very weak saying it kindly. This situation, if it continues will get Boyle beat against good teams that we will be facing down the road.

 

I couldn't agree more we had this same discussion in the stands last night' but I wonder how a team with the size, speed, and athletes that GRC has why they are of a top team in in 5A every year it's been along time since I've seen that kind of size, speed, and athletisism on the field in one team. They look like a college team,and I think their size hurt Boyle some what last night.

Fans have been complaining about Coach Mason for years but the fact of the matter is that the Boyle County offense has always performed up to its full potential every season. I don't see how that can be disputed.

 

IMO Mason is too one dimentional and predictable.I'm not a Chris Pardue fan, but when he was at Boyle he was far better than Mason.

IMO Mason is to one dimentional and predictable.I'm not a Chris Pardue fan, but when he was at Boyle he was far better than Mason.

 

 

I don't think he is one dimensional and predicatble at all. I think it is people not knowing or understanding his play calling is what bothers people. I think he does a good job of keeping people guessing and on their toes. Who knew Josey was going to throw the ball 17 times last night?

For some reason Coach Mason always has been and always will be the most criticized coach on the sideline. I don't get it myself. It looked to me like Boyle was working on their passing game and with Josiah going 13-17 passing it looks like improvement is coming along. I could be mistaken but that's the most passing attempts I think Josiah has had all season in a game. At some point this season we are going to need to be able to move the ball in the air and without working on it in game situations people can't expect the passing game to become better. Boyle doesn't have explosive athletes at the WR position this year. I'm thinking we'll see a lot of passing next week as well.

 

I don't know how long you have been a BC fan, but Mason has brought the criticism on his self with his actions on and off the field. He is a Quality coach , but I think if you walked thru the stands on any given Friday night and asked peoples opinions about him you would be surprised at the response you would get.

I don't know how long you have been a BC fan, but Mason has brought the criticism on his self with his actions on and off the field. He is a Quality coach , but I think if you walked thru the stands on any given Friday night and asked peoples opinions about him you would be surprised at the response you would get.

 

Well also from a fan perspective, what is the difference between Poor Play Calls and Poor Play Execution by the players. The Way I look at it is that we won. We are Rebels Fans correct? Like our Mission Statement says

Together One Mission.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.