Everything posted by banana slug
-
Is Bob Meyerhoff out at Beechwood?
You may be right, but I don't think you're giving BB enough credit. I believe Rob Harmon is a frosh coach at CCH and also is an instructor ATY.. I would not hesitate from sending my kid to ATY even though he might attend a different school (if BB would coach Beechwood). While it's not the same business-type consideration, Walt Terrell, Meyerhoff, Mullins, Saunders, and many other high school coaches also coach kids from schools that they compete with during the regular season. Parents pay good money for the opportunity and entrust their sons to play for them. I could certainly understand Berger not pursuing this from a time/availability or financial perspective. Spartan, do you support the decision to oust Coach Meyerhoff?
-
Is Bob Meyerhoff out at Beechwood?
From what I've been told by parents of recent players; yes, it was definitely time and overdue. It's never good when someone describes it as a virtual mutiny. Although my friends support the decision, they are extremely embarrassed and dissappointed with how the BW parents have handled this. Just guessing, but I'd be shocked if there isn't an announcement involving Brandon Berger soon.
-
Is Bob Meyerhoff out at Beechwood?
Role reversal Clyde; define "deserve" in this case.
-
Is Bob Meyerhoff out at Beechwood?
Seems like the bane of many high school coaches is the interpersonal dealings and relationships with parents; more so than W's and L's, or their ability to coach and develop kids. Of these three elements, Coach M did two very well, and was very bad at the third. When Coach Mullins went to St. Henry, I predicted that this would be Meyerhoff's Waterloo. BW did not have their typical talent, a rough mix of senior chemistry and parents, and Mullins was not there to buffer things. Just a curious observation; this may be one of the first BW baseball threads that Spartan79 (I believe) has not weighed in. You seem to be intimately involved with the program, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
-
Director of Football Operations
I can see how a program could warrant, afford and justify this position in Texas, but nowhere else. Other primary tasks that might fall into this description might include; rules compliance, recruiting facilitation (for their players to colleges), SID. I have seen middle school facilities in Texas that are be bigger and better than most h.s. facility in Greater Cincinnati. I can see this as trend that most big programs there will be forced to follow.
-
Who is taking the 9th Region championship this year?
I predict a CCH victory over Holy Cross in the finals
-
Who are the top returning pitchers in the 9th region
I'm tired of guys like you mocking that phrase on this board. I find your shallow attempt at sophomoric wit offensive and BGP trite. This is a phrase based on the core of my/our faith. Feel free to debate TOG or call him out if you care to, just show some class. Statements like yours really reflect poorly on you.
-
Horrible Boone County student fan support!?!?!?
My sincere apologies, sir.
-
Horrible Boone County student fan support!?!?!?
For the record, this thread was started by the founder of this board, where he was quoting a fan of Highlands. Perhaps you should redirect your angst.
-
9th Regions 1st Rd Predictions
Well done ! Would you mind emailing your NCAA brackets to me when you're done.:clap:
-
Simon Kenton 79 Covington Catholic 71
Fuel,.... meet fire !
-
What effect will BBCOR have on games this season?
You are correct. I realized that I misspelled effect after I had submitted my post; however, I disagree. IMO, a player will only have a sustained confidence boost if they appreciate a performance boost. I have seen very good hitting h.s. teams be reduced to nothing in wood bat tournaments. Good gear pays dividends.
-
What effect will BBCOR have on games this season?
To split hairs, it is actually the coefficient of restitution, or commonly known as trampoline affect (as you know).
-
Congrats to new Dixie Coach Dave Brossart
Ridiculous statement, not remotely accurate nor factually concise. Not the thread to discuss this though. Good luck to Coach Brossart. This program should have the potential for more upside than any in NKY; considering the facilities and ability to draw from throughout Kenton County.
-
Covington Catholic/Dixie Predictions
I think you'll be hearing the crazies chant Cov Cath Highway by the end of the game. Could be close, but I believe that CCH wins by more than 7. Blue Colonels finally have some strength and speed, and an offense that Dixie will struggle to hold down. Dixie always plays CCH with a chip on their shoulder, so I think this will be a battle.
-
Covington Catholic has New Coach
I can, I know the facts. I believe there were dozens of candidates that were from outside this area; and several outstanding local candidates. No one recruited Coach R, nor put him in contact with Bob Rowe. Coach R had to sell himself as the best candidate, not the inverse. And yes, he did wish to uproot his family to move back closer to Ohio; this was a great opportunity at a fine school. You're trying to connect dots that have no corelation. No parent had anything to do with this hiring in any fashion. Q, I feel confident that you have great respect for the guys on this small committee and would not question their judgement or wish to besmirch their integrity. No parents drive the ship. Perhaps a parent questioning playing time was why Coach L decided to hang it up. Quite frankly, I know many guys that say the same thing about coaching every sport, at every age level. I got tired of it while coaching 8, 9 and 10 year olds in recreational sports. I doubt that it was any different this year for Mike than it has been for the last 11 years. As I said, there were some prominent local coaches in good situations that really wished to heap this horrible situation upon themselves.
-
Covington Catholic has New Coach
Wow, this thread reads like an Oliver Stone conspiracy; and just as absurd and ridiculous. All of this talk about prep school is just nonsense; and for the record, this is coming from non CCH supporters. There were a few other very well excellent candidates, some very local. There was a search commitee of 4; two from within the admin., and two very well respected coaches. As Mustang said earlier, Mr. Rowe may be the most competitve principal in the area, not just in sports but every aspect. He demands excellence, it seems as though Coach Ruthsatz fits that model. I am sure that equally impressive attributes for Coach Ruthsatz were his record, ability,education, family and faith. By the way, there will be about 10 other coaches from public schools in the 9th region that will make more money than Coach R. At CCH at least, you don't coach for money; they make about 1/2 as much as any public school coach. This was not a money hire. Good luck to Coach Ruthsatz. Welcome to NKY.
-
Any news on a new Covington Catholic's head coach?
Specifically, what connection "in the past" are you referring to?
-
Any news on a new Covington Catholic's head coach?
Now there's a leap in logic just to put your spin on it. No one on this thread purports themselves to be in the inner circle of the decision makers. Shumate has done a great job and is a good candidate. While being an alum may serve as a tie-breaker if all other things are equal, that should not be prime consideration. Some of the most successful and long-tenured coaches in the major sports at CCH were not alum. Believe it or not, this is a very highly coveted job, as is apparent with a long list of incredibly qualified and well-respected candidates. Mr. Bob Rowe, the principal, was Brossart's varisty baseball coach for several years. He attends most basketball and football games. He knows sports, and has enjoyed incredible respect from the entire CCH community. If he doesn't select Shumate, it will because he didn't feel that Shumate was the best fit . None of the politcal reasons that you have cited will be points of consideration. They may know Shumate better than any other candidate. I believe we may hear something either later today or by Monday.
-
Covington Catholic 5 Cooper 1
...are his parents from Ft. Thomas ?
-
35th District Finals Predictions - Holy Cross (26-10) vs. Cov Cath (24-13)
Are you referring to this year, or years past. Other than Broering, please cite some examples to support your claim.
-
Covington Catholic 1 Covington Holy Cross 0
I believe that was the bottom of the 6th. Congrats Colonels ! Great game by both teams.
-
Congratulation to CovCath Coach Krumpelbeck
That's not true History, this year some did. I copied this post from a thread in February title "Completely Meaningless Top 25 preseason"; THE SHACK; Im guessing this is strictly just because of last years results and not expectations for the upcoming season. Cov Cath an Beechwood will be lucky to each have 20 wins this season. Personally I think the Beechies might struggle to be .500. There are numerous digs in that thread alone, and more critical posts in other threads all year. The boys have heard the doubters, they read BGP. The streak is an unprecedented achievement that has added a lot pressure to a team that had so much inexperience, and they have responded well. This legacy is engrained into every CCH player every year, starting from frosh tryouts -by varsity players not the coaches. No class wants to be the ones to break the streak. I agree, this alone does not make a season. The bigger test will be in the districts and regional tournaments. The leadership has been incredible this year, helping meld this unit together. Great job by the captains Logan Siemer and Adam Warning and all seniors. Congrats 2010 Colonels and Coach Krumpelbeck !
-
Covington Catholic 3 Beechwood 2
you guys can be sarcastic, I'm not. It was a fair question that everyone at the game was asking. I wasn't taking a shot at Coach M, it was a sincere question; is this a strategy that he may typically employ, or was his logic specific to that batter, pitcher, situation, etc.?
-
Covington Catholic 3 Beechwood 2
Part of the fun and charm of baseball is sitting in the stands and guessing what a coach may do, or second guessing what a coach just did. Were any of the Tiger fans surprised that Meyerhoff chose to pitch to Stayton; (LH clean-up hitter, RH pitcher) when there were men on 2nd and 3rd with no out, first base open, in the bottom of the 7th? Good game. Nice win for Colonels.