35th District Finals Predictions - Holy Cross (26-10) vs. Cov Cath (24-13)

These 2 teams have played 4 times already this year with each team winning twice.

3 of the games were decided by 1 run with Cov Cath winning 6-5 and 1-0 (District Seed game) and Holy Cross winning 6-5 (Doc Morris Tourney) and 7-2 (Coach Conner Classic Tourney Final).

This should be another close well played game.

Toss up in my mind even with HC's 1 and 2 being unavailable to pitch. They have enough good pitching and , to be honest, CCH doesn't hit breaking ball pitchers that well and Broering/Johnson seem to like to throw the hook. I don't think either teams are going to get a lot of good chances to score so capitalizing when they do get one is of utmost importance.

Should be a great environment.

Im saying the pitching matchup will be:

Fuller vs. Warning

Isn't Fuller more of a fastball Pitcher? If so, I don't think he will pitch. Kyle is a nice player, who I think will be a dominate pitcher by the time he graduates, however, I don't think he is there yet.

I agree with Clyde I think you will see Broering and/or Johnson. Broering had a lot of success in his last game against CovCath. CovCath traditionally doesn't do as well against off speed pitchers. Should be a good game.

I think this will be a very good game. I will give the edge to the Colonels, but really, will not be surprised at all if the Indians win. IMHO the Indians have more motivation to win, and are playing better ball as of late.

Isn't Fuller more of a fastball Pitcher? I agree with Clyde I think you will see Broering and/or Johnson. Broering had a lot of success in his last game against CovCath. CovCath traditionally doesn't do as well against off speed pitchers. Should be a good game.

Are you referring to this year, or years past. Other than Broering, please cite some examples to support your claim.

Don't forget if you'd like to listen to the game click here.

Enjoyed listening Monday night,tuned in late, TOG was great

However could you tell the score ever so often.

I tuned in with CovCath batting in the sixth, but there where 1 or 2 out in Holmes half of the seventh before I heard the score.

You do a great job and love listening .

Thanks for what you do.

Are you referring to this year, or years past. Other than Broering, please cite some examples to support your claim.

The freshman from Highlands threw a lot of breaking stuff. CCH put the bat on the ball but couldn't do it consistently. I think CCH is like a lot of high school teams in that the struggle against the breaking ball. HC will also struggle with Warning's hook.

Enjoyed listening Monday night,tuned in late, TOG was great

However could you tell the score ever so often.

I tuned in with CovCath batting in the sixth, but there where 1 or 2 out in Holmes half of the seventh before I heard the score.

You do a great job and love listening .

Thanks for what you do.

You are correct. We need to do that more. Please send an email at covcathiradio@fuse.net to ask for the score. Also, at the end of the 6th we were talking about how Chris Gerwe was going to UK. It's so hard to do it all the time not knowing when listeners are tuning in.

You are correct. We need to do that more. Please send an email at covcathiradio@fuse.net to ask for the score. Also, at the end of the 6th we were talking about how Chris Gerwe was going to UK. It's so hard to do it all the time not knowing when listeners are tuning in.

Hope to be at the game tonight.

Also enjoy the interviews from Maxout Friday.