Who is taking the 9th Region championship this year?

I think the top 3 teams are Cov Cath, Dixie, Ryle. All teams have the pitching a hitting to win it but you never know.

I would add Holy Cross to your list.

CovCath is the obvious favorite but there should be some interesting games come tourney time.

Baseball is the sport most likely to see freaky things happen and you can't always say the best team won. All it takes is one great night by a pitcher or an off night by your pitcher, a strange bounce on a ground ball, a bloop hit ... anything can happen.

Yep-best team doesn't always win...baseball more than most sports.

I remember a CCH team that had beat Dixie 4 times in a year and lost 1-0 in extra innings in the Regional Finals with 3 total hits by Dixie. It happens.

The draw can be - and usually is- hugely important. First round game against #2 seeds out of the 33rd and 35th are going to be tough games and require their #1 seed opponent to use up some valuable pitching. #2 seeds out of 34th and 36th simply aren't going to be that strong and may afford a team the opportunity to save some pitching. Obviously, CCH is the favorite and will be a very tough out. That being said, I think Ryle has the top pitcher in the region. Downs is not someone I'd want to face in a one-and-out tourney.