Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SportsFan62

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SportsFan62

  1. Like I said, it was the only time I saw him this year and it may have been a bad outting. He just did not seem to throw very hard and St. Henry hit him pretty good. A few of the players told me he wasn't as good as everyone always said he was. Maybe it was just a bad game for him, like I said before.
  2. I was very impressed with him last year. Good passer and a great scorer. I wouldn't doubt he has a huge year next season.
  3. I believe if Dixie throws sexton they will lose. I was not too impressed with him in the district finals against St. Henry although that is the only time I have seen him this year and maybe he just had a bad outing. I see Conner's hot bats hitting him pretty hard and putting up alot of early runs.
  4. How did GC's scorer do? I can't remember his last name Travis something? I saw him play in the All 'A' against Walton and boy can the kid shoot. He was hitting shots from 2 - 3 big steps behind the line with ease.
  5. Yes and a big group of seniors. That is one thing I always question about St. Henry, they always keep almost all the seniors that try out and it takes away from the playing time of some of the better underclassman that need some varsity playing time to develop and get themselves ready for their junior and senior years.
  6. I agree with this, but if you remember his brother Jake from last year was also pretty small too very similar build as Ben does, and he did a decent job running the point last season, so lets hope Ben can do the same! On Darius Meiman, he will definitely have a good career at St. Henry but I can't see him making a huge impact this coming year. He should get some playing time no doubt, but having almost no varsity experience will hurt him. It is a big jump playing JV to varsity so I see next season being a learning and maturing season for him. Look for him to have a big junior and senior season for the cru!
  7. I agree he is a good player and he definitely does have potential. He has a very good 3 point shot but most of the time I saw him score was when he was pretty open. If he develops a better shot with some pressure on him he will score a bunch this year and they will need it losing alot of their big scorers from last season. This year will definitely help him mature alot as a ball player because he should get quite a bit of varsity time.
  8. I played at almost all of the WV open gyms last summer and went to a majority of their games last season and while he will hit the occasional open three, he was not much of a threat. Great kid and seems to work hard and he will definitly need to work very hard this summer to make an impact.
  9. I look for Zach Barnett to have a pretty good year at the guard, he has a pretty good shot, decent ball handling and is quick. After that I see them struggling, they won't have much height or much varsity experience but they could surprise some teams.
  10. I agree with nkuclub. This is even coming from a St. Henry player and Grad. First of all, like he said they don't pick who they played in the districts, they just play who they have to play and they win. We all know high school baseball and on any given night one team can beat another. Winning the tournament 4 years in a row is impressive.
  11. Have to get to Saturday first, that is always a tough decision with the games being on back to back days.
  12. Zerheusen started for St. Henry and I don't think he got an out. Then Allan Schaber and Landon Rouse I think all in the first two innings. Mitchell Kuebbing finished it for them. They struggled againts Boone's solid bats.
  13. So for all the freshman on the team you don't think the JV tournament championship game is a big game to them?
  14. I would agree on the extra foul in overtime, I think that is a very good idea, unless the player is fouled out. If they foul out in regular play then they should be done for the game but giving players another foul for overtime periods is a good idea. On the topic at hand though I think the rule is fine how it is. There are games where teams get in the bonus in the 1st and 3rd quarters and the games seem to drag on, but hey, it teaches the kids to hit their free throws!
  15. They are losing a few very key seniors like Bowlin, Reynolds, Burns (I believe he was a senior), and especially Ponzer. They do have a few juniors who will make an impact but they definitely need to work hard over the summer and improve if they want to have a season like they did last year. Look for Sullivan to have a big senior year.
  16. Assuming this weather gets better!
  17. Is it 5 for sure? I wasn't sure on the time, but I saw the bracket on a website and it said 7, I will try and find out tomorrow for sure and clear up all confusion
  18. I wouldn't say 2 - 0 heading into the 6th, because for one when Miller was at bat there was only 1 out. Also I wouldn't call it a routine fly ball, I will agree it probably should have been caught, but it was a line drive and it was hit hard. I agree the 5 runs in the 5th shouldn't have happened but I still don't understand why the outfielders were all playing so shallow, even after a few line drives to the fence or very close, it didn't seem like they adjusted very well.
  19. Arrived in the bottom of the third inning and as soon as I got there the crusaders starting hitting the Ludlow pitcher pretty hard and the outfielders were all playings pretty shallow for some reason. The cru put up 5 in the third and then in the bottom of the 5th after a single and a walk Travis Miller hit a shot to right that was misjudged by the right fielder and it turned out to be a walk off inside the park 3 run hr to give the Cru the win! St. Henry plays Dixie Friday at St. Henry I believe at 5? I am not sure on the time but I believe I heard Walt say 5.
  20. I am not a huge fan or supporter of either of these teams, but I have to side with TOG here. For a CCH parent to have to do the PA for an away game is pretty sad. I don't think it is neccessary to jump all over him for pointing it out, because if they are going to have a PA system they should have someone to do it every game, or just do away with it until next year when they maybe have someone to do it for every game. Should not have to ask opposing teams parents to volunteer to work at an away game for them.
  21. Futurecoach you just completely contradicted yourself in your last two posts. HC won this game fair and square and you can't take anything away from them. It is not their fault CCH played a 12 inning game earlier in the day, they just went out and did what they had to do and got the W.
  22. Congrats to Anderson on a good win tonight and good luck the rest of the way. Great season Walton and good luck to the seniors in whatever they do in the future. They had a great season being a very young team, accomplished a lot more than what was expected IMO. Look for them to be very good in the years to come.
  23. Are you assuming this or do you know for a fact they don't? They get in to NKU games free and I was told last year they got in the HS games too.
  24. Should be a great game. If Travis Davis plays like he did in the finals of the All A then WV will have alot on their plates and will have to play very good to pull out another win againts GC.
  25. I honestly did not pay much attention but they did a pretty good job IMO.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.