Simon Kenton 44 Walton-Verona 43

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exciting game, a few sloppy turnovers for each team down the stretch. WV trailed by one with less than 20 seconds, Ponzer drove to the hoop, lost control, WV regained posession but a few seconds later threw an errant pass that resulted in an over and back call with less than two seconds. WV only had four fouls at that point so the game was basically over. Chambers from SK put the Neers up for good with a three from key, he played extremely well tonight.

Unofficial scoring:

SK...12...07...17...08...44

WV...11..14...11...07...43

Neers (14-11)

Chambers 20

Sorrell 10

Gray 5

Rabe 5

Bishop 4

WV (20-9)

Ponzer 12

Burns 11

Sullivan 8

Hargett 8

Reynolds 2

Monday 2

It was an excellent basketball game to watch. Both teams played hard and got after each other. The lead changed hands several times throughout the night. WV had their chances to get the win but just didn't convert in the 4th quarter. I was surprised that Burns did not make the all-tournament team. IMO, he certainly should have. Congrats to SK.

Lets hope that was taken out on a stretcher during the second quarter is ok. Great game though back and forth all game. Ponzer slipped it looked like from my position on the last possession that could have won the game. Good luck to both teams in the regional tournament.

To me, it was clear that WV has the better talent but SK did an excellent job in knowing WV offensive gameplan. SK was where they needed to be on every defensive play and didnt let Sullivan get hot early on. SK players...like 45, I thought did a fantastic job in knowing his role. Good luck to both teams in the region.

To me, it was clear that WV has the better talent but SK did an excellent job in knowing WV offensive gameplan. SK was where they needed to be on every defensive play and didnt let Sullivan get hot early on. SK players...like 45, I thought did a fantastic job in knowing his role. Good luck to both teams in the region.

I have to disagree with you about WV being more talented. SK is 3-0 vs the Cats this season, the prior two wins by a total of 42 points. WV came to play last night, they didn't allow SK to get that large early lead like the previous two games.