Everything posted by beverlybubba
-
Desarae' Chambers New Head Coach of the St. Patrick Lady Saints
Fantastic. A wonderful girl (woman now). I predict a successful career where ever she is.
- Bracken County 58 Mason County 55
- Bracken County 58 Mason County 55
- Bracken County 58 Mason County 55
-
St. Pats vs. Mason County
Heck, I'm not sure the best players are starting. Mason's only has one win against a team with a winning record, George Rogers Clark. They have a shot, but it's a long one.
-
Highlands vs Mason County predictions
??? Is there any question? Mason's having an unfortunate season. Highlands beat them handily last year when Mason was better, but still not good.
-
Bracken County's Sara Sticklen tears ACL
Sad news, indeed. Here's wishing Sarah a full recovery and a successful college career.
-
Harrison County 59 Mason County 46
Green, Bierly, Allen, Simms, Moran, Butler ,and Henry are all solid players. I'm not familiar with Stutler and Hamm as players. I'd rotate Green, Bierly and Allen underneath, keeping them rested and able to go 100% the entire game. Rotate Moran and Butler at point/shooting guard keeping Henry in the mix at shooting guard. Henry is extremelly quick. If you worked with her and instilled some confidence in her, she'd be a force to reckon. They seem too obsessed with big bodied girls and don't realize that slender, quick girls can play too. I always like the football coach's approach where, when a running back fumbles, he gives the guy the ball again on the very next play. At Mason, over the years, they just jerk the player out and never give enough to learn. Players have to be able to make mistakes and stay on the floor. Mason
-
Mason County 52 Clark County 46
Glad to hear Butler is at full strength.
-
Bishop Brossart 73 Mason County 58
I noticed Mariah Henry made 18 points for Mason. She may be the quickest, fastest player on Mason's team. If they'd work with her, they'd probably be quite pleased. Right now, I don't think they work with there players individually enough, if at all.
-
Bracken Co. 59 Mason Co. 36
Bracken's done an excellent job of developing their players the last few years. Congratulations.
-
Deming vs. Nicholas County predictions.
I have no idea who is the coach at Deming, but whomever is sure to be better than Erin Walker.
-
Mason County 2011/2012
The loss to Fleming today surprised me. I listened on the radio. 32 turnovers today. They really miss Butler, I think. Every team in the district probably wants to beat Mason County more than any other team. This makes every game for Mason a tough game.
-
Scott 60 Mason County 57
Big win for Scott. I listened to the 1st quarter on the radio and Mason was all over them. Surprising outcome for me after that.
-
Mason County 2011/2012
Absolutely. They'll play their hearts out. It's not them that concerns me. Lack of height is a given, but they have a lot of girls in the 5' 9" range.
-
Mason County 2011/2012
She's not the only one who interacts with the kids. If you're too negative, you discourage kids and drive them away.
-
Mason County 2011/2012
Changed her mind about playing. Not sure why.
-
Mason County 2011/2012
Menke is gone again. Butler has another knee injury, not sure how serious. The new coach made the mistake of keeping some of the old staff. I withdraw my "better" prediction. Judging from the talent level and lack of heigth, it'll be 3-4 more years before Mason's truly competitive.
-
Any NKY Boys making noise at the next level?
Depends if you include Mason Countyh and Darius Miller.
-
Lewis County 46 Magoffin County 18
Way to go, Lions!!
-
Lewis County 14 Russell 7
Congrats to Lewis Co. It's nice to see a more competitive district. Best of luck thru the rest of the season and play offs.
-
Russell 38 Mason County 14
Wow. That's a lot of tackles. Mason's defensive style often doesn't work well against the ground game. I'd like to see something different.
-
Mason County 2011/2012
This is the is one of the two reasons I think they'll be better. The other reason is the strength and conditioning. Overall, they'll probably be in the best shape of any girls' team Mason has ever fielded. Stronger, faster, tougher. But, they still lack a true post player. The have a plenty of girls in the 5' 9" to 5' 10" range. I'm not saying unbelievably better, just better.
-
Mason County 2011/2012
Just checked with one of the players (my daughter), and Menke has returned. Another of my predicted starters, Taylor Allen is back after a about 2 years out. Sophomore Charnell (sp?) Brooks has returned after a year out. I don't see her as a varsity starter this year, could be, but she's the tallest girl and a big body. She'll contribute. At this point, the Moore girl is still out. The girls have been working hard in conditioning (running and weights) and Coach Akin has the enthusiasm level up. They'll be better than last year.
-
Russell vs. Mason County Predictions
Some of us have to work for a living.:lol: We've battened down the hatches and are riding out the storm. Mason's won 3 straight, but this one goes to Russell. BTW - Mason's quarterback from last year, Neal Pawsat, may start for Georgetown College Saturday. GC's starter is out for the season and Pawsat played well enough to win last Saturday, including a TD pass. Mason's freshman Olineman at Georgetown, Alex Newton, dresses with the varsity and travels too. You can't lose guys like this, and others Mason had, and not miss them.