Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 73 Mason County 58

Featured Replies

The Lady 'Stangs rolled over the Lady Royals of Mason County 73-58 Wednesday night to enable Bishop Brossart to enter the Christmas Break feeling good about things. It was their 7th win in 8 games with the only blemish coming to top ranked Boone Co.

 

Bishop Brossart led this one pretty much from the tip off except for a tight first quarter than ended 16-16 at Seither Center. Brossart pulled out to a 9 point half time advantage and then built as much as a 23 point lead the second half at 70-47.

 

Led by sophomore Stadtmiller's 24 the Lady 'Stangs had their best offensive performance of the season hitting 50.9% of their shots from the floor and even 63.2% from the charity stripe.

 

Mason County also shot over 50% from the floor largely due to sophomore Alivia Bierley who scored 26 points on 8 of 12 shooting from the floor and 10 of 11 from the line. She laso had 8 rebounds.

 

Bishop Brossart forced the Lady Royals into 25 turnovers and outrebounded Mason Co. 27 to 26. The Brossart bench, despite injuries to Alex Roberts and Morgan Verst proved deeper again outscoring Mason 24-5.

 

In addition to Stadtmiller, the team got great balance with sophomore Sarah Futscher scoring 14 and grabbing 6 rebounds while junior Rachel Hartig and sophomores Madison Eisenman and Cori Ziegler all had 9 each. Junior Maddi Kues (6) and sophomore Kayla Young (2) reounded out the scoring.

 

The Lady 'Stangs are off to celebrate Christmas with a 7-2 overall record and will next play defending All "A" State Champion Owensboro Catholic Tuesday at 6:15 in Owensboro, the Barbeque Capital of the World.

 

In junior varsity action Brossart won easily as well 47 to 34 led by 14 points from sophomore Morgan Verst and 8 each from sophomore's Cori Ziegler and Megan Dierig.

 

The Bishop Brossart Community wishes everyone a very Merry Christmas!!

Abby Stadtmiller Pictured

abbs.jpg

Roll on Brossart, roll on! Great recap BGH!

Mason County is and was shorthanded as well with key injuries to starting point guard McKenzie Butler who has been out for a month with a knee injury but expected back in a week or so. Starting senior guard Courtney Moran has been out for over two weeks with a bad ankle. Mason has been without the services of senior guard Christen Cropper as well this week. Take nothing away from Brossart as they sound like they are on quite a roll. I hope that both teams can get healthy soon.

I noticed Mariah Henry made 18 points for Mason. She may be the quickest, fastest player on Mason's team. If they'd work with her, they'd probably be quite pleased. Right now, I don't think they work with there players individually enough, if at all.

I noticed Mariah Henry made 18 points for Mason. She may be the quickest, fastest player on Mason's team. If they'd work with her, they'd probably be quite pleased. Right now, I don't think they work with there players individually enough, if at all.

 

I think giving some of the JV players varsity minutes while some of the regular starters were out was a good experience for these girls. Even though we havent been winning, I think some of these girls did quite well. I know with new coach and a couple new transfers play is a factor in this but I feel once chemistry is established this can be a nice team.

I think giving some of the JV players varsity minutes while some of the regular starters were out was a good experience for these girls. Even though we havent been winning, I think some of these girls did quite well. I know with new coach and a couple new transfers play is a factor in this but I feel once chemistry is established this can be a nice team.

 

I agree. They may seem to be struggling right now but I think time will be the factor that helps them the most. Once everyone is healthy and they have had the chance to play together as a healthy team, their game will surely improve. Good luck ladies!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.