Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BEChargers

Premium Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BEChargers

  1. Question for the membership. How many middle schools are there with their own turf football field? Are there a lot of them? Saw a post on twitter about this and I seriously didn't realize there was any. Not a judgement or criticism. Just wondering how many schools have them.
  2. During my Sr. year at Boyle Co., we made the switch from film to video tape. Literally right in the middle of the season. While watching the very first game that video was used in the first couple of minutes there was a very loud, very shrill womans screaming telling us to tackle, to block, and to run etc.. It was hard to listen to and was very annoying. Coach Ed Rall stated that he hadn't thought the sound being captured and wondered aloud if it was possible in the coming games to record without the sound so we wouldn't have to listen to this woman. After a couple of minutes of discussion some little sophomore who would never see the field except in scrub time, for his entire career, simply got up and walked to the big TV and turned the volume down. Coach Rall after saying how embarrassed he was to not think of that told the young man he would be skipping sprints for the next week. The shrill voice btw, was my mother. I knew from the first scream exactly who it was but only confessed to Coach Rall about it after the season.
  3. That was quick. Almost seems like a waste of a thread now.
  4. Was referring to individual game stats. The ones linked on the team schedules next to the game scores. They have been removed from all 2024 team schedules.
  5. Anyone know why the KHSAA scoreboard not show no stats for 2024? Did I miss something?
  6. Might put it on my tombstone.....
  7. Bullitt East is in pool play with PT, Bay (Fla), and Powell (TN). I know PT is good, don't know a thing about the team from Fla. or Tn.
  8. Ok, that makes sense. I assumed everyone starts pool play pretty much the same time. But that would make sense. Good luck.
  9. How does it change anything? They are either coming or not.
  10. Don't blame them and no real issue with them starting to charge. But if I'm paying it needs to be much more intuitive and easier to navigate. Basically saying the same thing as @theguru. Just using fewer sentences.
  11. Yes, I think it's soft. Not sure it's a get all the W's he can get trying for Coach Haywoods record. But yes, I think it's soft.
  12. Doubt he beats Pulaski, but I could see 9-1.
  13. I personally don't like the stinkin Packers either so no connection for me there. Dez caught it........
  14. I prefer the vegas gold and black helmets, but I wouldn't mind seeing one game a year in the old duds.
  15. Should have been able to. I believe they used yours as door stop for a few years after you left.
  16. What a game. There were about 4 or 5 things that happened in the last quarter of that game that if any of them don't happen then Boyle loses. When I go back and watch it now, I have to keep telling myself it will be ok and that we will pull it out in the end because it sure didn't seem possible for most of the game.
  17. I know several will disagree with me, but........I like the current "vegas" gold SO MUCH more than the old mustard or baby diaper yellow. I played in the old gold and it's not even a tough choice for me. Vegas baby !!!
  18. I think Manual is one of the top teams in 6A this year.
  19. I wore this for my last two seasons at Boyle in the mid 80’s and then my son started wearing it in practice MANY years later. I now have a 1 year old grandson that I hope will wear it in a few years.
  20. I liked them. My biggest complaint was that I usually lost a fingernail or two over the course of a season during practice. Didn't have very long fingernails, but those things could really grab them from time to time.
  21. Boyle played the game immediately before that game against Rockcastle County. It was single digits I remember and it's definitely in my top 5.
  22. It's been said on this sight a couple of times but the '03 semi finals game between Boyle and PT was as cold as I remember being at a game.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.