Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School turf fields?

Featured Replies

Question for the membership.  How many middle schools are there with their own turf football field?  Are there a lot of them?  Saw a post on twitter about this and I seriously didn't realize there was any.  Not a judgement or criticism.  Just wondering how many schools have them.  

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • To further clarify my above answer - this is Owensboro MIddle’s school and field - bleachers, concessions, turf field and I believe the track has been redone.

  • No Hiding Here....BC 21
    No Hiding Here....BC 21

    Those goal posts would probably not be salvageable at this point, as those are the original ones from Scott's football field.

  • Yep. And the bluegrass patches came over from Scott's field as well. The dirt removed when Scott installed their turf field was used to fill in what used to be a very uneven, sloped field. The bleache

Posted Images

I believe the better question would be what Middle Schools have their own field in general, let alone turf. Must be a common thing in the North, down here in the WKY/SOKY area of the state I can’t think of any schools that don’t play at the High School field. 

44 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

I believe the better question would be what Middle Schools have their own field in general, let alone turf. Must be a common thing in the North, down here in the WKY/SOKY area of the state I can’t think of any schools that don’t play at the High School 

 

McCracken has a really nice middle school turf field, it’s about 3-4 years old. 

Owensboro Middle has a turf field.

  • Author
9 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

I believe the better question would be what Middle Schools have their own field in general, let alone turf. Must be a common thing in the North, down here in the WKY/SOKY area of the state I can’t think of any schools that don’t play at the High School field. 

Boyle has a secondary field that was the school's soccer field in its origins.  It is natural grass, has bleachers and concessions.  When Boyle went turf several years ago now, that field became the JV and freshman field when the turf was occupied by Varsity soccer.  It is also where Boyle's track is.  I agree with TBC above, the origin of this thread was that I had no idea that there were many dedicated middle school football fields in general, much less that they were turf.  I find that impressive.

9 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

I believe the better question would be what Middle Schools have their own field in general, let alone turf. Must be a common thing in the North, down here in the WKY/SOKY area of the state I can’t think of any schools that don’t play at the High School field. 

There aren't any MSs in NKY that I can think of that have "their own" turf field.  Those that have turf fields on campus, I'd consider it the HS field.  Beechwood, Lloyd/Tichenor, Pendleton County/Sharp, Holmes, Conner, Ryle, off the top of my head.

In NKY, there are very few that have their own field, and all are grass.  Twenhofel, Campbell County, and Grant have their own.  Campbell and Grant have one because the middle school is the old high school.  Woodland has one, but they only use it for practice.  

Summitview in Independence also has their own stadium.   It's grass.  There are plans for Turkey Foot to get a field in the next few years, since they are the only Kenton County middle school without a home field.  They have zero home games the past two seasons.  For some reason they can't get any home games at Dixie Heights, even though Dixie let's the youth team play games there.

1 hour ago, New Colonel said:

Summitview in Independence also has their own stadium.   It's grass.  There are plans for Turkey Foot to get a field in the next few years, since they are the only Kenton County middle school without a home field.  They have zero home games the past two seasons.  For some reason they can't get any home games at Dixie Heights, even though Dixie let's the youth team play games there.

Completely forgot about Summitview. 

I've heard TF will have one next year, but for reasons that cannot be discussed on here, many school projects are in limbo right now.

I was told TF has 1 game at Dixie this year.  I know they've had very few the past 3 years, and my understanding it falls back on the administration at TF.  Dixie Youth can get about 3 Saturdays to work with, and that's it as they've hosted home games at other locations.  Dixie hosting PlayFanatics on Sundays really impacts the lower levels.  If not for that, Turkeyfoot could play on Saturdays and Dixie Youth could play on Sundays.

49 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

Completely forgot about Summitview. 

I've heard TF will have one next year, but for reasons that cannot be discussed on here, many school projects are in limbo right now.

I was told TF has 1 game at Dixie this year.  I know they've had very few the past 3 years, and my understanding it falls back on the administration at TF.  Dixie Youth can get about 3 Saturdays to work with, and that's it as they've hosted home games at other locations.  Dixie hosting PlayFanatics on Sundays really impacts the lower levels.  If not for that, Turkeyfoot could play on Saturdays and Dixie Youth could play on Sundays.

I assure you Turkey Foot has no home games for the second year in a row. Last year, they had 8th grade night at St. Henry, thankfully they were gracious enough to allow that to happen.

And the field project is a few years off every time I've heard any details.  They are going to demolished the building in between Caywood and Turkey Foot first to increase parking.

It would be nice if Dixie would give priority to their middle school instead of outside organizations.  It would only impact 3 or 4 days during the season, and it could be a week night as some middle school games are during the week.  

55 minutes ago, nees1212 said:
2 hours ago, New Colonel said:

Summitview in Independence also has their own stadium.   It's grass.  There are plans for Turkey Foot to get a field in the next few years, since they are the only Kenton County middle school without a home field.  They have zero home games the past two seasons.  For some reason they can't get any home games at Dixie Heights, even though Dixie let's the youth team play games there.

Expand  

I've heard TF will have one next year

Sorry, you said next year.   My reading comprehension is lacking apparently.

15 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

I believe the better question would be what Middle Schools have their own field in general, let alone turf. Must be a common thing in the North, down here in the WKY/SOKY area of the state I can’t think of any schools that don’t play at the High School field. 

To further clarify my above answer - this is Owensboro MIddle’s school and field - bleachers, concessions, turf field and I believe the track has been redone.

IMG_0296.jpeg

  • Author
1 hour ago, Brown said:

To further clarify my above answer - this is Owensboro MIddle’s school and field - bleachers, concessions, turf field and I believe the track has been redone.

IMG_0296.jpeg

That's impressive.  

7 hours ago, New Colonel said:

Summitview in Independence also has their own stadium.   It's grass.  There are plans for Turkey Foot to get a field in the next few years, since they are the only Kenton County middle school without a home field.  They have zero home games the past two seasons.  For some reason they can't get any home games at Dixie Heights, even though Dixie let's the youth team play games there.

Woodland in Taylor Mill, has a field, and does play games there in a pinch, but plays most of their home games at Scott. There are a lot of issues with the field, most notably, is that the goal posts are off center. Centering the goal posts would put the sideline only a few yards from the bleachers creating a big safety risk.

6 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Woodland in Taylor Mill, has a field, and does play games there in a pinch, but plays most of their home games at Scott. There are a lot of issues with the field, most notably, is that the goal posts are off center. Centering the goal posts would put the sideline only a few yards from the bleachers creating a big safety risk.

I'm not sure I follow....how will centering the goal posts change the proximity of the field and sidelines to the bleachers?

Gblx500.jpeg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.