Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nkysportsblog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nkysportsblog

  1. Stat of the game= Holmes 25 turnovers NCC 6 turnovers
  2. You need to watch more closely. I can't imagine anyone making that comparison ever. Not even in the same league.
  3. The Hightchew (SP?) boy is going to be a great predecessor to Grant as well after next year. His game reminds me somewhat of Grant's but he is bigger. NCC is in good shape for the next few years I think.
  4. By the way I set the over-under on how many times HHS' student section would mention football at 6... They went over with 8.
  5. I'd much rather play Highlands than NCC if I am the Dawgs. NCC has the unique ability to light it up from the outside which we have come to find out gives you the best chance of beating Holmes. Highlands can't do that and you can't tell me they have the athletes to compete with Holmes. I don't see why Holmes would be so worried about playing Highlands. Boone on the other hand I understand.
  6. Someone I was sitting with told me they didn't do it for the girl's either. Must just be a 36th district thing?:idunno:
  7. How do you figure? Were you at the game? Highlands student support has been lousy this season, but they had a pretty good crowd on hand tonight and they were loud in the first half while it was still a game. The 27 that NCC hung on them in the third did kind of take the student body out of it a little bit, but being down by around 20+ points will do that to you.
  8. Well if I had to pick an MVP I think I'd have to give it to GP. However, it just struck me as odd that they didn't have an MVP. They did an all-tournament team but no MVP.
  9. Someone mentioned that Highlands had no student body tonight. I think that person misinformed you. They had a pretty good turnout.
  10. Breds scored almost 30 points in the third quarter. Grant Pangallo was fantastic tonight with the drive and dish while also scoring 17 or 19 himself. He might be my favorite player to watch play in the region. Connor had 18 I believe and was lights out in the second half. How come the 36th doesn't have a tournament MVP?
  11. The biggest part of that win for the Breds is the draw that they have now in the regional. They have a very good chance of making it to the regional finals. Coach Dawn and his staff do an outstanding job.
  12. Beechwood will have to shoot extremely well from the outside, which they have the personnel to do so but they'll really have to be "on." They'll also need Holmes to play without a sense of urgency and just coast like they have shown a tendency to do at times. If that happens then yeah Beechwood could pull off the upset, but I just don't see it happening at all.
  13. The key to this game is if Highlands is smart and starts out with someone bigger (ie Kowolonek) on Pangallo. He dominated with the smaller Lother on him earlier in the season when these two met. If you let GP get hot he is tough to slow down. They made the switch too late last time and Pangallo ended up with 17. I think Kowolonek is the key for the Bluebirds. He presents a mismatch with his athleticism and quickness.
  14. Really I don't unless they play similar styles. It does happen pretty often but I would say it happens a fair amount where there is a pretty big disparity(rightfully so).
  15. I was saying that I don't think he is top 3. He might have that kind of potential, but he's gotta prove it first.
  16. I disagree contrasting styles between two teams of equal talent can greatly effect the number of fouls called.
  17. No and in fact I chuckle whenever the parents on my girl's team complain about the disparity. We play very aggressive man to man defense while most teams sit back in a zone... we deserve to be called for more fouls. I've never understood the.. "look at the fouls you've called x number on them and Y! number on us" complaint.
  18. Yeah but one game is tough to make that kind of call. He may have top three ability but he has a long way to go to prove that. He'll have to get more consistent but I see no reason why he couldn't either. He's got tons of athleticism and talent hopefully he continues to grow as a player. He should be fun to watch.
  19. How do you figure? I think Bryan and Schue will both have to have good games... Possibly both in the 20's. But how do you figure that those two have to combine for 60 to win.
  20. That's correct. It's definitely the one from the fourth quarter. The church street side would not have a scoreboard coming into the picture on the right side.
  21. I'm a pretty big fan of the trash talking honestly. I think Pittman is hilarious when he talks, and I did notice Smith barking a little bit as well last night. Adds to the emotion of the game IMO.
  22. FTR I love Mcfarland's game and I think he is a stud. I honestly thought he could have played somewhere even better than Georgetown possibly, but I understood his reasoning for going there. The comment about McD's All American was not a shot at the kid by any means... it's just a comment about how the nomination process for that works. You'd be surprised if you looked at some of the people who do and don't get nominated.
  23. Yeah no offense to McFarland he's a great player, but the nomination for McD's All American means virtually nothing.
  24. Lol... St. Henry has to have last year in the back of their minds. Not to mention the fact that this St. Henry's team isn't as good as last years. Could we have an upset brewin'?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.