Everything posted by Thomas Magnum
-
Rockcastle County and McCreary Central Predictions!!!
After this game I bet Watts wishes it was basketball season Rockcastle 44 McCreary 18
-
Will Harlan City win another game this year
Lynn Camp @ Home---Lynn Camp a heavy favorite Williamsburg Away---Williamsburg a HUGE favorite Jenkins @ Home---toss up at home Perry Co Central Away----Perry Central HUGE favorite Clay Co @ Home----Clay County HUGE favorite One win would be the best that they could hope for if the rest of the teams on the schedule play the way they have so far this season.
-
Will Harlan City win another game this year
No offense to any single A school but when you are the smallest class there is no where to go up up. There are no "Zero" A schools out there.
-
Corbin vs. Middlesboro predictions
This is a big rival game and sometimes you get those types of scores in these types of games regardless of how good one team or the other may be. There is another team over that way that would put a hurting on the Hounds like the Hounds may put on Middlesboro, but wait they don't play. Do I hear Bell calling?
-
Lynn Camp/Harlan Independent Predictions
Lynn Camp 35 Harlan 12
-
Corbin vs. Middlesboro predictions
This will be a great match up at Middlesboro. Corbin ran over Clay in the preseason, while Middlesboro needed a Hunter Adams last second kick off return to win. Middlesboro struggled with the rushing attack of Whitley County in the first game of the season. Corbin has scored 96 in their last two games, one opponent was very weak, while one was good offensively but not strong in stopping the rushing game. MIddlesboro has scored 77 in much the same manner as Corbin with one weak opponent and one good one. Middlesboro has given up 21 points in the last two games while the Redhounds have surrendered 48. What does all this mean.....I have no idea!!!! Unless the Yellow Jackets can stop the Corbin rushing game it will be a long night. Corbin 28 Middlesboro 20
-
Whitley Co. 48 Perry Co. Central 7
From what I have seen so far this season, Whitley does not think any team is easy or do they take anyone lightly.
-
Whitley Co./Letcher Co. Central
If Whitley can get out to a good start and get a lead then they can take the officials out of it. Whitley has shown they have a solid defense and the offense continues to get better. This is not the same offense that went to LCC last year, and remember, Whitley had them beat in the regular season but fumbled it away. Either way it is going to a heck of a ball game.
-
Danville 35 Campbellsville 20
This can't be good for Campbellsville going into the district showdown with Williamsburg next week.
-
Whitley Co. 48 Perry Co. Central 7
Whitley caught a break when the Amis kid did not play but I don't think it would have changed the outcome. Whitley was too physical for PCC, they out hit them all night and by the end of the game, PCC looked like they were worn down. I was looking back at the prediction thread and was wondering about the PCC take on the game. Nobody seems to be here.
-
Newport 60 Bishop Brossart 0
Congrats Newport on a nice win, good to see you all have some success. When Whitley played up there, I thought you had the makings of a good team.
-
Pulaski 40 North Laurel 23
I thought that when Whitley played North some of the things I saw were less than sportsman like. Maybe the young man lost his composure, unfortunately usually it is the guy to hits back that gets caught.
-
Whitley Co. 48 Perry Co. Central 7
I thought that Whitley set the tone early and never let Perry think that they could get back in the game. Play calling for Whitley was good, Perry thought that if you stopped the fullback (which they didn't) you stop Whitley game over, I think that they found Whitley still have several other weapons besides the fullback. Congrats to the Colonels, forget this one, get ready to move on to the next one.
-
Pulaski/North Laurel predictions
Not really, Whitley slowed and stopped PC, while Wardrup had a good night against the Colonels. His problem is that NL basicly has him offensively, while with the three guys PC has they take the heat off each other, Wardrup does more by himself......this I see him as the best athlete on the field. Plus I said athlete not football player, I think he is the best all around athlete, not only on his team but at his school. That kid is something special.
-
Corbin vs LCA predictions
Based on What?????? I think that LCA is a good team, and no doubt they have some nice weapons and Coach Rains does a great job, but Corbin is no slouch. The have some nice offensive weapons and a solid defense. Yes Corbin has only been challenged by Pikeville and the light schedule could hurt them but they are a mountain team and they will hit you right in the mouth. I think Corbin wins this one but it will be close.
-
Pulaski/North Laurel predictions
Pulaski has too much for North, although I think that Wardrup will be the best athlete on the field. Pulaski 34 North 21
-
Louisville NOT Bidding the State Finals for Next Season
As long as they have hotdog and nachos at the stadium I could care less. If a person is going to travel from Ashland to watch the games in Louisville then they will travel to Bowling Green. I go for the football, NOT the night life, NOT the hotel accomodations, NOT anything else......... I go for the football. If it rains I take a rain suit, if it is cold I take warm clothes, and I watch ALL the games, but my favorites are the 1A and 2A games:thumb:......5A and 6A are my least favorite games:sleep: but I still enjoy watching them. If you are coming from Eastern KY then the drive should be easier, if not shorter. You go down the Danial Boone Parkway.....Sorry the Hal Rogers Parkway to London, then across to 80 to Somerset, then continue across 80 to I-65 south about 20 miles to BG. It is a really easy drive. From Louisville just jump on I-65 and go south you can't miss it, its on your left. Jezzzz, it is supposed to be about the football!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
New WYMT Mountain Top Ten (Week Five)
I think that what you said could be just the opposite.....:fire:
-
To all HS radio announcers:
I agree trying to get a score from most every station doing high school sports is tough, but lets not forget most of those guys are only doing it as a sideline and in a lot of cases not getting paid or only getting expenses. What they do is better than nothing at all. "We" and "They" do not bother me since that is basicly human nature, the reason most of them are doing it they are fans of the teams so it is hard for them not to think in those terms. It does bother me however when you only hear good things about "We" and nothing is ever said positively about "they", if someone is playing well just say it, if they are not say it, when "We" beat them and the radio announcers just say bad stuff about "They" all night, the fans say so what. But if they are honest and "We" Beat "They" it means something. Conversely if "they" beat "We" and they have said nothing good all game long, does that mean you team is terrible? No it just means the announcers are......LOL
-
Corbin vs LCA predictions
I don't know who wins but I picked Corbin in the poll and hit the right button this time.
-
Letcher Cent 21 North Laurel 18
I think that North was motivated with their backs aginst the wall. Adrian Wardrup is a heck of an athlete, I think any team in SEKY would love to have him on the their team. LCC is a really good team and showed that good teams find a way to win, even when things aren't going your way.
-
Knox Central 21 Rockcastle County 19
Knox Central always had talant, they just never had the guy who could or would committ himself to building a team there. Coach Mills had a vested interest in the program and he will be there for the long haul. He will continue to raise that program up. Congrats on a ground breaking win.
-
Knox Central 21 Rockcastle County 19
Looks like Rock hits the road for the playoffs.
-
Johnson Central 54 Woodford County 33
SIXHUNDREDANDEIGHTYFOUR yards rushing? Man that is just sick.
-
Pulaski Co 61 South Laurel 60 OT
I thought this was a misplaced basketball score at first...... How do you spell defince..........?!?!?!?!?