Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thomas Magnum

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thomas Magnum

  1. Rivalry or not it makes no difference........... Williamsburg by a bunch.
  2. I think the defense is ahead of the offense, although nobody has seemed to notice. Whitley has improved, last year everyone said it was a murders row of a schedule and this year I have heard it was too weak. I guess that is the difference a year makes.
  3. Hotdogs Nachos AND GREAT FOOTBALL........ (Not the home team whipping some under manned team, then two other undermanned teams)
  4. With John Smith at the helm at Bell, it changes things for sure. He is a great pitching coach and will develop the pitching the Bobcats need. As for the rest of the region, of course Corbin is going to be a factor, Whitley with addition of Ledington will be a factor (see Bell last year with Ledington). The surprise may be Harlan County.
  5. This would make a great "UA" commercial....I am gonna be a star!!!!!
  6. Whitley and Rockcastle have one common opponent. BELL CO. Both teams lost the game, but Whitley did score. Whitley Total offense vs Bell: 320 Rock Total offense vs Bell: 121 Bell Total offense vs Whitley 322 Bell Total offense Vs Rock: 271 Stats per Bell Co team page on KHSAA Obviously both teams have changed since then, Whitley played bell the second week and Rock played them the 4th week. The game is at Whitley, and both teams are old rivals from the "Triple A District" Days. Looking at both teams scores and records, plus the home field advantage, I think that Whitley is the favorite, but not by much.
  7. Cody Jones Whitley County 5-11 Sr Running Back/Linebacker Jones carried the ball 16 times for 137 yards, had one quarterback sack, one intereception, 7 tackles 2 for a loss in leading the Colonels to a 47-0 win over Woodford County on the road.
  8. Congrats to Corbin on a great season, not many times in life do you get an opportunity to do something like that. Good Luck in the post season!!!!
  9. More impressive than you realize....it was senior night, and the Colonels took the Jackets to the woodshed early, and never let the emotion of senior night make a difference. Then they had to over come some questionable calls early in the game, but had some nice drives where they had to cover the same ground two and three times, plus they had TWO TD's called back. The defense that Coach Black installed is more impressive than the offense, heck his defense may be even more impressive than the offense he had at Williamsburg with Greer, and that was a tremendous offensive unit.
  10. What a Fashion Statement: My gloves match his facemask....
  11. Boy this makes chin-ups way easier.
  12. I did not realize just how Whitley dominated the Yellow Jackets, till I saw the stats in the paper this morning (thanks Les). As good as the Colonel offens.e was last night, it would appear that the defense was better!! With only 7 seniors it would appear that there are more good days ahead for Whitley
  13. True, but you are more than the an average football fan. Jim Black has done a great job and his team is prepared every week, which may be the difference. Although I would say that they have out hit and out hustled pretty much everyone except Bell.
  14. Sorry DC, got to go with the Boro on this one, I would lilke to see LC win but Adams may be too much for the Wildcats. Good Luck regardless.
  15. Shocking, to say the least, no so much the Middlesboro win but the ease in which it came.
  16. Thats good, Whitley has not been on anyones radar all year long, no reason to change that now. They just come out every week and win. The Bell game they did not play well and did some things against the Bobcats that nobody else has done even in the loss. Whitley could not be stopped tonight, they ran at will and scored with ease. Woodford has a nice team and soem nice athletes, they were averaging 40 points game and Whitley shuts them out, Duckworth was averaging close to 300 yards a game and finshed with just over 100 yards passing most of which came on the last drive. Let them stay under the radar and let teams look past them, polls mean nothing, respect means nothing till after the game. Congrats Whitley on a nice win!!!
  17. I was not there and did not see or hear about the game..... But my crystal ball says somebody will get suspended and this thread shut down before it is said and done.......LOL
  18. First and foremost do not penalize the kids of the people who are so negatively vocal against the coaches and the program. Parents do not always care about the program but about playing time for their kids, but they try and mask it as caring. Mostly parents hold grudges and NEVER forget their child being slighted, or at least that perception. Any coach worth his salt, (and with a job) is doing his best to put the best team on the field possible. When "parent supporters" are openly dessenting it makes it tough for the kids to buy into what the coaches are selling. I would take the "Team Mom" aside and thank her for her past services and support and tell her to hit the road. The radio guy is a little tougher, but the others would also be distanced from the program as much as possible. AND the next thing I would do right after the season is put out my resume and look for another job, with support like that and parents trying to run the program, it will never be successful. Better to be an assistant somewhere that wants to win rather a head coach where you are never going to get where you want to be.
  19. This football was recovered and you say it is yours, but the other guys say it is theirs, we have no replay, so I am assisting the nice official, How can I be sure it is yours.....
  20. HEY!!! They shot a fat guy out of the cannon....is that allowed????
  21. Wow, I can't believe they threw that Cheerleader that High.....I sure hope they catch her......
  22. Well reffing this game beats a trip to the dentist anyway.............I guess...........maybe...........shoot I wish I was at the dentist.
  23. A field goal is worth 3 points and a Touchdown is worth How Many?????
  24. I wonder if my wife could get the recipe for the nacho cheese in the concession stand?????
  25. Star light, Star Bright First Star I see tonight....... HOLY COW.......WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.