Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

atm10

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by atm10

  1. HJA you didn't mention the refs in your post. Others have intimated that Cooper lost b/c of them in some sort of way in prior post. My point is simply that teams, especially at the Freshman level, just lose. I tire of the psuedo excuses about who played, who didn't, questionable calls, etc....in any thread about any team that loses that particular night. I've seen Boone play and was really offering kudos that Cooper bounced back 2 nights later and beat them they should be proud. :thumb:
  2. Oh I know, teams never lose because they were out played that particular game. There is always a reason why the "better" team didn't win. Officials, best players not in, etc....
  3. Nice bounce back after loss at Ryle.
  4. My question would be what type of game was each team playing? From what I've seen Ryle is more of a jump shooting team versus taking it to the basket. I haven't seen Lex Cath play but if they tend to rely more on their inside play and attack the basket then generally you are going to draw more fouls.
  5. Having seen both teams I would say Boone is the favorite and don't overlook Scott either.
  6. And you are the expert to judge who is a qualified official to make this assessment based on what? :confused:
  7. :deadhorse: It is a variety of things that cause these statements. It is because a lack of knowledge of the rules, calls that don't go their teams way, a lack of knowing the art of calling and managing a game, level of the game, and so many other factors.
  8. Well you should be happy because #3 is already a rule. If you jump from your pivot foot to a jump stop, you are not allowed a pivot. You are correct!
  9. I agree Clyde. I am guessing the player that he asked to pick up the ball hadn't dropped it instead of handing it to the ref in the first place? I have seen this done as a "teaching moment" regardless of where the ball is in relation to the ref.
  10. Not always the case as most of the time an official is refereeing his primary and may not see off the ball action. This simply is not true. You will not get a 3 man game unless you are rated high enough by the coaches and the association.
  11. Why do you think that? He either violated or didn't I don't see why this is questionable? As has been mentioned and stated it is what he did after that warranted the technical.
  12. The home school decides how many officials, not the officials themselves.
  13. I bet you are right! :clap:
  14. Why is it that the other teams manage to win with the same refs?
  15. I'd give them a flat out donation for their cause if they will get rid of the celebrity game!
  16. This statement I would agree with as well.
  17. For what? Did they not get a rule correct? Verbally abuse someone? If it's about the number of calls, which is all about judgement, what is the KHSAA suppose to do? .....it's interesting to read those threads that talk about how many fouls official miss that make people mad and then others, like this, that want them "turned in" for calling too many.
  18. Travis Pavy is #23, solid player.
  19. You may be thinking of Zach Perkins?
  20. Actually I would question why the "other" ref is even looking in the area right in front of another official. He should not be "ball watching" out of his primary coverage area.
  21. Yeah that is it, it's the officials!
  22. How do you know they are not good? The problem could be that those complaining really have no idea what they are talking about or it is simply your judgement is different from that of the officials. Why is a spectators judgement more correct or right than the officials?
  23. And I am sure the game play was not at a very high level either. Come on, people have to start somewhere and they did get a fair game unless they were just bad for one team. If they were bad all around then sorry to say it was fair! :thumb:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.