Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 46 Boone 43 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

COOPER 46 - BOONE 43 (Freshman)

 

If Cooper could cut their turnovers down to a reasonable number they would be tough to beat.

This is a big win for Cooper. A lot of parity in the NKY Frosh league this year. Any game details? Who stood out for both teams?

Big win for Cooper. Great game to watch!

This proves how evenly matched teams will be in the freshmen regional.

Nice bounce back after loss at Ryle.

Nice bounce back after loss at Ryle.

 

No disrespect to Ryle but the Cooper coach didn't play his two best freshman, Maniacci and Collins for half the game. Finally in the fourth when they were down 13 he put the five on the floor you expect and they cut it to two before losing by four I believe. My understanding is he isn't starting them because they practice with the JV and varsity although they don't start for them either. :idunno:

Oh I know, teams never lose because they were out played that particular game. There is always a reason why the "better" team didn't win. Officials, best players not in, etc....

Oh I know, teams never lose because they were out played that particular game. There is always a reason why the "better" team didn't win. Officials, best players not in, etc....

 

Most cases I would agree with you, such as when the "starters" start the game and play the majority of the minutes. In this case Cooper didn't play their best players the majority of minutes and when they did play their best they wiped out a 13 point lead in under 5 minutes.

Most cases I would agree with you, such as when the "starters" start the game and play the majority of the minutes. In this case Cooper didn't play their best players the majority of minutes and when they did play their best they wiped out a 13 point lead in under 5 minutes.

 

Im guessing Cooper had all of their starters when they lost to Highlands earlier this season by 8, can I get a confirmation? Maniacci and Collins were playing I know that, as well as Centers. Just want to make sure it was legit.

If I remember correctly, the last game they lost was the refs fault.

If I remember correctly, the last game they lost was the refs fault.

 

I'm not positive but I doubt I ever mentioned the ref's. I made a simple observation about who the coach played. Ryle won the game and played hard and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by this comment.

 

By the way, when Cooper beat Boone last night I also disagreed with the coach playing every player in the first quarter as they went down by 10. But I guess it was the right call as they won the game. Just an opinion.

Im guessing Cooper had all of their starters when they lost to Highlands earlier this season by 8, can I get a confirmation? Maniacci and Collins were playing I know that, as well as Centers. Just want to make sure it was legit.

 

Not sure as I don't have a kid that plays so I just go watch some games at Cooper or those close by. I'm sure if you say Maniacci and Collins played most of the game then they just got beat.

I'm not positive but I doubt I ever mentioned the ref's. I made a simple observation about who the coach played. Ryle won the game and played hard and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by this comment.

 

By the way, when Cooper beat Boone last night I also disagreed with the coach playing every player in the first quarter as they went down by 10. But I guess it was the right call as they won the game. Just an opinion.

 

HJA you didn't mention the refs in your post. Others have intimated that Cooper lost b/c of them in some sort of way in prior post. My point is simply that teams, especially at the Freshman level, just lose. I tire of the psuedo excuses about who played, who didn't, questionable calls, etc....in any thread about any team that loses that particular night. I've seen Boone play and was really offering kudos that Cooper bounced back 2 nights later and beat them they should be proud. :thumb:

Cooper had 20+ turnovers in the game

 

I agree with you! Every game they have played has came down to the final min. I do have to say frosh level has been very close this year! Great teams should make some games in finals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.