Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CatsCatsCats

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CatsCatsCats

  1. What grade is Brad in?
  2. Caudill seems like he would do really well in this type of event. It's also good to see the other ones doing well. I do not know the Manis kid or Brad, but I know Nevan and had Brandon and Logan in class. Pretty good results for the Rams, how many teams were there?
  3. Technique and heart for WRs. Not too many 6'4", 220 LBS DBs out there in the high school ranks.
  4. If I coached WRs, they would block everyday we were in pads if that was okay with the HC. I hate when Wide-outs give no effort by not blocking.
  5. That is true. Not very good and not very complex.
  6. None are easy to play IMO. Although they get hit a ton, I think RB is the easiest at the HS level if forced to choose. The only time the crowd really yells at them is over a fumble, and the great ones make it look easy. If you're a bad RB alot isn't expected out of you. OL gets killed by the fans and coaches, they have more variables pre-snap than a RB on most plays, and they have to block until the whistle. DL is probably comparably easy from the information standpoint, but they also have to worry about things like cut-blocks, traps, kickouts, double teams, and get pretty beat up during a game. WRs don't have alot of physical contact every play (though they get killed across the middle), but drop a pass and the coach might not call a play for you for a while. It would be a mental strain. I'll take RB for the fact that they have the highest ratio of praise to blame IMO. Very little blame, but can get alot of the praise. They do get the snot beat out of them though.
  7. Are you serious on the bolded? When a QB drops back to pass their eyes are downfield. QBs have to sense pressure, they cannot take their eyes away from downfield. Any position on the field sees the hit coming more than a QB does. I guess it could look like they should be able to see every hit as they have taken a deep drop, but a good QB is not going to take their eyes off the defense and their receivers down field.
  8. CB is definitely tough. You can be the hero, but more often if something is said about you its because you got beat on a TD. I id not get to play much defense in HS after my sophomore year, but I preferred CB over Safety any day. It was so much pressure in man coverage because it is just you and the WR. I always had alot more trouble at S because I would watch too much stuff going on and wouldn't be in position to make a big play. CB is tough but I loved it :thumb:.
  9. I don't care how good your line is the QB is still going to take some nasty hits. I think the difference is that any other position can deliver a blow, if they see a hit coming they can create the impact, or at least brace for it. No chance with a QB, their options are to scramble, complete the pass and get drilled (often preferred by team), or tuck it and try not to fumble. Not saying OL or any other position isn't hard or harder than playing QB, but the QB has so much responsiblity. They have to know what everyone is doing on offense, and have to be able to read what every one is doing on defense. For more advanced offenses and QBs they have to change protection schemes, call hot routes, change the play etc. On pass plays they have to read the coverage, feel the pressure in the pocket and move to escape it, throw to the correct receiver and then often get their head taken off. Unless the QB is scrambling and picks up a head of steam or on a QB running play they are really bringing a knife to a gun fight in terms of hits on the football field. No one other than a kicker can say that. JMO
  10. :thumb: You can get absolutely destroyed returning punts!
  11. The hits a QB takes makes up for alot of that in game situations. Plenty of positions are more physical in practice though I do agree. Every other position on the field is prepared and ready to hit, and can become the aggressor in a contact situation. A QB getting hit from his blind-side doesn't even have the chance to get in a protective position.
  12. Every position on the field is tough. I'll go with QB on both physical and mental accounts though. Plenty of positions get hit more often, but often times a QB either doesn't see a hit coming or cannot brace for it. You get beat to death at QB in half the hits of any other position.
  13. No way Trinity isn't in the top 5 IMO. Honestly I couldn't put them lower than #2, relative short history or not.
  14. He's around 3 to 6 or 7 on multiple sites but ESPN has him at #29.
  15. Sorry it doesn't really happen that often with major recruits that are being recruited as a QB. Russell Shepherd at LSU is sort of an example but he and everyone else knew coming in that he would go to the position where he could get on the field quickest. Does it happen? Sure, just not that often with the big time prospects.
  16. As stated earlier you can only play in one of the two games. UA has picked up steam but I can't fault anyone for turning them down to play in the Army game, which has been around alot longer. How many of those guys were huge prospects recruited by everyone? Boldin- Juco guy, played only spot duty at WR at FSU, recruited to FSU as a WR. Hines Ward- One of the most versatile players to ever play college football played WR, QB and RB. Lynn Swann- Played in a racist era where black QBs were not too common at the highest levels. Battle counts. Cribbs, Randel El, Jones and Smith do not provide good examples of why Pike may be switched positions in college IMO. They played their careers at QB in college for crying out loud which is what Pike is projected to play, who cares about the NFL at this point in their careers?
  17. So they dropped him from #3 down to #29? I don't know if I can buy that.
  18. I didn't think the movie would look good, but the trailer looks really good. I'll probably check it out.
  19. :lol: :thumb:
  20. I know Raceland people just refuse to care about football, it really is a shame :lol:. :thumb:
  21. Just from tape I don't think either could have found a better offense to play in. Towles could be awesome at UK, and Pike definitely fits what Auburn does. Win-win IMO.
  22. ASAP as far as I'm concerned :thumb:. Oh no, I drank the orange Kool-Aid :lol:.
  23. :thumb: Midseason form my man. Old Rambler I hope you and Ram keep me informed on the team this year. I have loved my time with the Rams. It is a truly special place, great people and great kids. :thumb:
  24. For the record this is the first publication that I have seen rank Towles above Pike as far as major services go.
  25. Does Coach Youngman have ties to the area?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.