Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I think the Bengals should sign Mike Wallace (Steelers not using franchise tag)

Featured Replies

Doc, what do you think of Wallace as a person, would you want him on your team?

 

He is your typical WR, meaning he gets upset when not getting the ball as much as he wants. He is not over the top like a moss or a TO, but he has not caused a problem in the lockerroom from what I have read...

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Way too many FA WR's that are just as suited to the #2 WR role that won't cost the Bengals a 1st round pick...Not only that, but I'd never give a 1st rounder to a division rival.

 

If I'm the Bengals I target Baltimore G Ben Grubbs, KC CB Carr, OAK RB Michael Bush, and one of the WRs (Colston, Meachem, Stevie, VJax, or Wayne).

 

You can add Bowe and probably others to this list. Too much talent out there, to give away a first round pick. Which seem to be more valuable now with the new CBA...

I'd be all for signing Wallace. But I'd hate to give an organization like Pittsburgh another 1st round pick.

 

I feel the same way.

Way too many FA WR's that are just as suited to the #2 WR role that won't cost the Bengals a 1st round pick...Not only that, but I'd never give a 1st rounder to a division rival.

 

If I'm the Bengals I target Baltimore G Ben Grubbs, KC CB Carr, OAK RB Michael Bush, and one of the WRs (Colston, Meachem, Stevie, VJax, or Wayne).

 

I'm with you UKMF. I'd like to seem them bring in a WR like Colston to play opposite of Green, with Shipley in the slot (hopefully he's recovery has been going well).

 

I agree that they should not sign Wallace and should focus on one of the other free agent receivers. However I would rather them NOT go after Colston on Meachem. I don't think I trust those Saint receivers in another offense. I can see them being like a lot of receivers who have played with Brady. Great while with Brady and in that system, but can't really do anything great out of the system. The system makes them better than what they are IMO.

Doc, what do you think of Wallace as a person, would you want him on your team?

 

He seems to be of decent character. However, he came from obscurity to an organization with veteran leadership, including at his position. So, a change of scenery may cause the moron in him to explode, but for now, he shows no sign of being a turd. He is a dedicated worker according to Steeler sites. Not to mention, the fastest cat in the league.

Someone like SF could go after him but I rather the Bengals keep picks.

Guru needs to be quiet right now ...

  • Author
Guru needs to be quiet right now ...

 

???

???

 

Your talk about Wallace possibly changing scenery has me concerned ...

  • Author
Your talk about Wallace possibly changing scenery has me concerned ...

 

Why Jim!? Do tell!

Why Jim!? Do tell!

 

Well, I'm just not ready for Brown to be the top WR for them, and I'm pretty sure he's not either. Doesn't really strike me as particularly bright, and after seeing some TV interviews with him, he seems to be ... how shall I say ... a bit off. Definitely not ready to be a leader.

Great article on Wallace..his numbers actually compare to Rice and Moss for the first 3 years of his career.

 

Free Agent Preview: Mike Wallace - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

 

From the article :

 

Conclusion

 

Very simply, the chance to acquire a 25-year-old receiver with this sort of electric skills and proven track record of production does not come around frequently, if ever. Imagine that your organization could have signed Jerry Rice or Randy Moss to a contract three years into their careers while merely sacrificing a first-round pick. On the rare occasions when players of this ilk become available, they usually have baggage of some nature attached and require far more than a first-round pick. There is no such baggage surrounding Wallace, and because of Pittsburgh's salary cap situation, the league has been presented with a chance to acquire him for a price far below his true market value.

 

Mike Wallace isn't just a free agent. He's a once-in-a-generation opportunity.

Why do some of you guys think that Mikey Brown is even considering this move. Forget about it, it's ain't happening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great article on Wallace..his numbers actually compare to Rice and Moss for the first 3 years of his career.

 

Free Agent Preview: Mike Wallace - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

 

From the article :

 

Conclusion

 

Very simply, the chance to acquire a 25-year-old receiver with this sort of electric skills and proven track record of production does not come around frequently, if ever. Imagine that your organization could have signed Jerry Rice or Randy Moss to a contract three years into their careers while merely sacrificing a first-round pick. On the rare occasions when players of this ilk become available, they usually have baggage of some nature attached and require far more than a first-round pick. There is no such baggage surrounding Wallace, and because of Pittsburgh's salary cap situation, the league has been presented with a chance to acquire him for a price far below his true market value.

Mike Wallace isn't just a free agent. He's a once-in-a-generation opportunity.

 

What makes you think that Wallace will sign a contract that is below his market value... If he doen't get a huge offer, which I don't think he won't, the he plays for 2.7 million this year and becomes an unresticted FA (if he doesn't get tagged). Then he would be able to sign a very, very nice contract. If he does sign a contract below his market value, then Pittsburgh can easily match it, if they choose. Pittsburgh is now 10-12 million under the cap...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.