Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I think the Bengals should sign Mike Wallace (Steelers not using franchise tag)

Featured Replies

"But it’s also easy to see why this makes it more likely that Wallace could leave: A team that signs him away will only have to give the Steelers one first-round pick, whereas if they had used the franchise tender the Steelers would have received two first-round picks from a team that signed him."

 

Steelers won’t use franchise tag on Mike Wallace | ProFootballTalk

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Since the Bengals have two first round picks and I think they have a need opposite Green this could be win-win for the Bengals especially considering they have plenty of green in the bank to pay out to some quality players.

^ Are you OK giving the Steelers another 1st round pick?

  • Author
^ Are you OK giving the Steelers another 1st round pick?

 

I think Wallace has more value than we will get out of the draft choice. In the end, the Bengals need to worry about making the Bengals the best they can be.

I feel like I'd want a different type of WR than Wallace. Him and Green seem like they probably have the same style/attributes.

  • Author
I feel like I'd want a different type of WR than Wallace. Him and Green seem like they probably have the same style/attributes.

 

All the better in my opinion. We have plenty of options catching the ball like Shipley and Gresham that are different type receivers.

I'd be all for signing Wallace. But I'd hate to give an organization like Pittsburgh another 1st round pick.

Way too many FA WR's that are just as suited to the #2 WR role that won't cost the Bengals a 1st round pick...Not only that, but I'd never give a 1st rounder to a division rival.

 

If I'm the Bengals I target Baltimore G Ben Grubbs, KC CB Carr, OAK RB Michael Bush, and one of the WRs (Colston, Meachem, Stevie, VJax, or Wayne).

If you give Pburgh another first rounder, they'll sign the stud NT and you won't be able to run on them for years to come. However, you have a young stud WR and won't have to run now will you?

 

If it does happen, they'll spend their 2 first rd picks on NT and ILB.

I'd also be curious what input the new OC Todd Haley and Ben have on Wallace' future within the financial parameters of the cap?

If you give Pburgh another first rounder, they'll sign the stud NT and you won't be able to run on them for years to come. However, you have a young stud WR and won't have to run now will you?

 

If it does happen, they'll spend their 2 first rd picks on NT and ILB.

 

Poe will not be available at either of the Bengals 1st rounders, so I don't see how they get him.

I'm with you UKMF. I'd like to seem them bring in a WR like Colston to play opposite of Green, with Shipley in the slot (hopefully he's recovery has been going well).

Poe will not be available at either of the Bengals 1st rounders, so I don't see how they get him.

You may be right, but the Steelers might be inclined to move up.

I feel like I'd want a different type of WR than Wallace. Him and Green seem like they probably have the same style/attributes.

 

I would say that is a good thing

  • Author

Doc, what do you think of Wallace as a person, would you want him on your team?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.